Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

I think everyone basically expected it to happen. Probably that's why.

I'm more excited that plot lines are finally moving. Hopefully this season they spend less time "character building". We know the major characters by now, please make **** finally happen.

So next week we presumably find out that John Snow is a Targaerean. I'm gonna predict that Danyreus is his twin sister.

I'll probably look stupid this time next Monday, but I was gonna predict Ramsey killing off daddy and I held back.

So next week we presumably find out that John Snow is a Targaerean. I'm gonna predict that Danyreus is his twin sister.

I'll probably look stupid this time next Monday, but I was gonna predict Ramsey killing off daddy and I held back.

Impossible for him to be her twin brother. But you are right I believe, Jon's a Targaryen. A theory that could be revealed is Jon is the son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, Dany's older brother, and Lyanna Stark, Ned's older sister. Which by royal family rules and stuff, means Jon has a stronger claim to the Iron Throne than Dany does. He'll probably never even glimpse the uncomfortable seat though.

I'm afraid it might be Rickon Stark.

I hope not. One of my long standing predictions is Rickon would inherit the title of Lord of Winterfell by literally being the only Stark male able to claim it. If Ramsay gets his hands on him, it would be illogical for the writers to have it end in any other way than Ramsay torturing him to death or feeding him to his dogs.

I hope not. One of my long standing predictions is Rickon would inherit the title of Lord of Winterfell by literally being the only Stark male able to claim it. If Ramsay gets his hands on him, it would be illogical for the writers to have it end in any other way than Ramsay torturing him to death or feeding him to his dogs.

I have another idea but can't discuss it in here.

Enjoyable episode! Had to tell my wife to read the books about 4 times because she kept asking questions.

BTW, who was that weird female creature with Bran at the trees? Wonder if we'll see her au naturel?

Leaf, the Children of the Forest that helped Bran and Meera when Jojen was killed by the skeletal wights. They spent a bit more time making them look like mythical creatures rather than homeless kids.

I'm afraid it might be Rickon Stark.

I was guessing Theon, after he and Sansa separate.  As if he hasn't had enough happen to him, and yet, he was such a **** beforehand that it's hard to feel completely sorry for him either.

That was the children of the forest girl who was hurling fireballs at the skeletons to get them safely into the tree cave

Man its hard to have a discussion about this show without going full nerd sometimes, isn't it?

So.. The preview for next week.

Do we know who the "I've got a gift for you" guy is? Ol' Nutjob Ramsay seemed pleased. Kinda scary.

I missed this part. Gift? Wtf

I'd have had the first few bars of "Having My Baby" playing in the background at the end of Ramsay's latest prank.

Kibbles and Babies, new line of GOT themed dog food

Also, that scene with Tyrion and the dragons is kinda furthering along the theory that Tyrion is secretly a Targaryen. 

I don't know why people are advancing this theory. It doesn't make much sense. Tywin and Cersei hated Tyrion his whole life because he killed their mother when he was born. His mother was Joanna Lannister. Oberyn Martell also mentions having met Tyrion right after his birth while in Casterly Rock. I very much doubt he's a Targaryen, unless Joanna was raped by a Targaryen, with nary a mention of it anyway on TV or in the books.

That being said, the Lannisters have a small bit of Targaryen blood in them anyway, since I'm pretty sure the families cross-bred at some point in the past.

I think a fitting next step would be casting Ricky Gervais playing himself and placed in each storyline/locale at varying points to give a running commentary to the characters around him on how he views what's happening.

I think he'd have great questions and comments for them. He'd have to acquire some magical invulnerability to all harm. 

Bran will look into the past and see how they defeated the white walkers the last time. Boom

The solution will be that you need to have dragons. Hence why those dragon eggs hatched now, and not decades ago. But I agree that Bran will find this out and I think Meera's role in all of his is to be his messenger to the rest of the world.

I don't know why people are advancing this theory. It doesn't make much sense. Tywin and Cersei hated Tyrion his whole life because he killed their mother when he was born. His mother was Joanna Lannister. Oberyn Martell also mentions having met Tyrion right after his birth while in Casterly Rock. I very much doubt he's a Targaryen, unless Joanna was raped by a Targaryen, with nary a mention of it anyway on TV or in the books.

That being said, the Lannisters have a small bit of Targaryen blood in them anyway, since I'm pretty sure the families cross-bred at some point in the past.

I don't believe the theories, but some of those who believe them also believe Tyrion will ride one of the two captive dragons one day. He surviving and encounter with them, without Dany there to encourage them not to kill him, kinda looks fishy.

But I agree if the show was going in this direction they would've laid some ground work, some hints of that big reveal prior to season six.

I think a fitting next step would be casting Ricky Gervais playing himself and placed in each storyline/locale at varying points to give a running commentary to the characters around him on how he views what's happening.

I think he'd have great questions and comments for them. He'd have to acquire some magical invulnerability to all harm.

I would settle for him to be inserted into the video in post 261. Seriously how anyone made it longer than 20 seconds with those 2 is remarkable. I'm not even sure a funny parody is even possible

I would settle for him to be inserted into the video in post 261. Seriously how anyone made it longer than 20 seconds with those 2 is remarkable. I'm not even sure a funny parody is even possible

LOL, I like em'.  They're fun to watch because they get excited about the shows they get into.  But of course everyone responds differently.  

For instance:

https://twitter.com/chuksta/status/727209077546299393

My flat buddies reaction after episode 2 

2:52 PM

(Off to watch a much longer video from today)

:P

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-post-mortem-home/

Game of Thrones: Post-Mortem of “Home”

Blimey, what an episode! And I thought the ending to The Red Woman was a shocker. Now that we’ve all had a chance to digest the latest Game of Thrones offering, let’s check out some of the videos and interviews that examine “Home.”

People Magazine spoke to Carice van Houten and Liam Cunninham about that miraculous resurrection.

Cunningham says one of the most tricky parts of the scene to shoot was Kit pretending to be dead during the body washing.

We shot it for a long time, there are a lot of different shots on it. And that’s a nightmare. When you’re doing a dead body it’s fine, you’re lying there, unless you’ve been running and get shot, you have to [control your breathing]. From an acting point of view, it’s very tricky.

Van Houten concurs:

We shot the s— out of it.  I’ve touched Kit’s body, I’ve cleaned him I don’t know, 55,000 times. To the point where I was like, ‘Can he just wake up now?’  I joked with him, I said, ‘If only my mother would be here,’ because my mother and my sister both have a crush on him….He has a ripped body, he’s a beautiful young man. But most of all he’s a really generous actor and a really sweet guy, but it was a long resurrection. For that little thing it was a long day.

For more on the scene, including how Twitter responded to Melisandre’s actions last series and how van Houten thinks her character will react to the miracle, check out the full interview.

Archived