Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Things will be different on Oct. 2nd when our Josh is the one to shine, not Gordon.   Browns o-line sucks, RGIII might not make it to week 4.  Or he might not make it to week 5 if he does :)

That won't be hard since Gordon is suspended for that game, but I know what you mean. :) 

Griffin in the Tampa game looked like the Griffin we know. A decent pass here and there, but for the most part indecisive, happy feet, and has no sense of the pressure.

Holding the ball WAY too long, resulting in 5 sacks in the first half (not to mention constant big hits), running towards the pressure instead of away from it, resulting in the hits being even more crushing than they need to be, and somewhat padding his stats once the game was out of hand (it was 27-3 Bucs, at one point).

Seemed like a nightmare. Good thing it is someone else's now. :) 

9 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I recognize RG3, he's the same player. Stats aren't terrible (8/14 for 119 and a TD), but if there's a sack or hard hit to take, he'll find it. Strong arm but still doesn't look comfortable in the pocket.

Am I reading that box score correctly?  Took 5 sacks last night?

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When does his suspension end? I assumed since he was playing in preseason he must have been reinstated and I missed it 

After the 4th game against the Redskins. He was reinstated, which allows him to practice and play in the preseason, but he got a 4-game suspension to start out the season.

1 minute ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Yes, very familiar territory. 

Probably would've been 10 or 11 if he had played the whole game.

Just now, Tsailand said:

Good grief.  The man isn't even going to live till week four.  Guess I wasted my money on tickets.

At the rate he was getting sacked, he will be the most sacked QB in the NFL in 2016.

If he makes it 16 games. Which doesn't seem likely.

10 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Things will be different on Oct. 2nd when our Josh is the one to shine, not Gordon.   Browns o-line sucks, RGIII might not make it to week 4.  Or he might not make it to week 5 if he does :)

45 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yep, that's why our Josh will hopefully have a field day with INTs.  Without Gordon who else on their squad can get open like that and make plays when covered?  

For a minute, I was convinced you were talking about Doctson and couldn't for the life of me understand how interceptions would be good. :silly:

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

Good grief.  The man isn't even going to live till week four.  Guess I wasted my money on tickets.

I don't know. Might see a better game with McCown in there.

I'm 1/2 joking 1/2 serious. He looked good last time he played us.

I don't feel like we're **** talking, overly or even mildly so. I really don't. But it would be fitting for him to come in and have a career high day against us...

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yep, that's why our Josh will hopefully have a field day with INTs.  Without Gordon who else on their squad can get open like that and make plays when covered?  

They have that Pryor kid running around but I'll take our chances on a QB converted WR to save his career going against our secondary  

13 hours ago, NickyJ said:

For a minute, I was convinced you were talking about Doctson and couldn't for the life of me understand how interceptions would be good. :silly:

I believe he's talking about LeRibeus, the big fat piece of **** who sucks. Spends all his time munching on kit kats and sucking on slurpees well I've got an idea... spend less time sucking on slurpees and munching on kit kats and spend more time learning how to snap the ****ing football. 

19 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Starting to feel that way, too.  I'll be disappointed if he's not playing, I wanted one more chance to say thank you and see him get crunched in person.  Resisting urge to create poll to see if he'll make to Oct 2 or not.

I seriously doubt he makes it past 3 games unless they actually go back to run heavy read option. That's what kept him around for most of 2012. Once that defensive hesitation on pass downs was gone it was all deer in the headlights. 

He didn't get injured during a run play or after a handoff. 

The problem with that is remember Mara and his cronies got the rules changed very quickly during that season and now a QB can get clobbered after handing the ball off which was one of the reasons him running the ball was so effective, or it possibly was anyway. 

With the new rules it might not matter what rg3 does he's still getting smoked. 

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Starting to feel that way, too.  I'll be disappointed if he's not playing, I wanted one more chance to say thank you and see him get crunched in person.  Resisting urge to create poll to see if he'll make to Oct 2 or not.

I'd give him about a 40% chance to still be the starter when we play him. 

20% chance he's still the starter the next week. 

Skins are gonna wreck the guy. See that Preston Smith blindside shot on Tyrod last week that got him pulled? Think like 5 of those in the first half.

I dont remember a ton of panicking except for a few people. We've all been down this road enough to know not to trust the craziness of preseason

The deep ball has never been his problem. Its pocket awareness,  intermediate game and progressions. Playing in that division I'd be most surprised if he plays all 16 than if he's actually any good.

8 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Skins are gonna wreck the guy. See that Preston Smith blindside shot on Tyrod last week that got him pulled? Think like 5 of those in the first half.

Eh, I don't think they'll go especially hard after him.  He was so well liked in the locker room while he was here!

I have read in the past many Skins fans wanting to see Griffin do well elsewhere. I just can't bring myself to root for the guy. The whole "superman" routine was great at first until you realize the guy is just full of himself and delusional. It reminds me of the McNabb smile. Everyone crazy about how classy the guy is until you realize that's a troll smile. Even the guy's (RG3) preseason play is smug. Preseason is a time to learn, work on things you aren't good at, situational football when it doesn't count....GLORIFIED PRACTICE. I've never seen a team throw so many bombs in preseason. Nice work with those deep passes down by 27 in a preseason game. "Superman" saving the franchise in a preseason game. Forget the fact that you can't even hit a receiver on a slant or curl route, dont work on that. Just keep throwing those bombs, I'm sure that'll get you more prepared for the regular season. And I say "bomb" but it's more like a mortar. Reminds me of the Shanahan offense with Rex. Everyone that gets targeted either gets hurt going high, or has to come back to the pass and lay down. Hitting in stride is not a thing. 

I hope no one misses this clown. He's exactly what he was in Washington. We relied on that same damn Aldrick Robinson deep route for points every single game, otherwise it's a 3 and out, or settling for a field goal. Just replace Aldrick with Pryor or Gordon. And has anyone ever seen a quarterback get hit and look so hurt on every single play?  

Archived