Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

5 minutes ago, petedaddy said:

i never really liked him either, but i'm starting to hit the turning point of feeling bad for him

Pretty much.  I didn't want to sound harsh so I edited my comment lol, but the fact is I never liked his attitude here and I don't believe he has the physical tools or mental sharpness to be a QB in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, petedaddy said:

it's IR designated to return, so he can still play if he's fine

True, but given Hue's comments on the situation, it sounds like he's done.

The only thing Griffin has going for him is that the Browns are by far the worst team in football and even though McCown will be better than him, they still won't win, which could give him another shot.

Just now, petedaddy said:

yea, i'm pretty sure you have to be on IR a minimum of 8 weeks before returning

That's correct. 

" The player is eligible to return to practice if he has been on the IR list for at least six weeks from the date he was placed on Reserve. He is eligible to return to the active list if he has been on the IR list for at least eight weeks from the date he is placed on Injured Reserve. "

It's important to note only 1 player can get this designation during the season. So Jackson placing Griffin on in-season IR, to me, isn't a sign he's given up on him. But instead expects him to return & contribute. 

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

So when does his social media intern cause some drama over this? 

Russillo and Kanell @RussilloKanell
"There's a real chance that even if he's healthy 8 weeks from now...he'll of played his last down for the Browns." -@AdamSchefter on RG3

I love this team and believe in the men on it. Keep pushing @Browns #DawgPoundNFL_Season_2016_CLE.png

I like RG3, always wish he succeeded here and always assumed the Skins "curse" is what kept him down so I still feel bad for the guy always getting injured like he does BUT, the worse part is he puts himself in this position way to much. If you can't learn to avoid contact and you are already frail, then there are major issues mentally. He'll get healthy, maybe even play again, and he'll try to run into defenders only to get hurt...again.

• Like 1

I was pulling for him to finally start making sound decisions in his life when he left here. It became painfully obvious that he didn't off the field, and yesterday on the field. Taking on contact inches away from the sideline down 19 with seconds to play? At some point I stop feeling bad for someone who simply doesn't understand cause and effect.  

• Like 1

Damn it! I was really, REALLY looking forward to him going up against our revamped secondary in a few weeks. Dude couldn't even make it through one week. The Browns are in complete dumpster fire, start over from scratch mode, but I still wanted us to face him. Maybe I'm just being selfish, but I think Kerrigan and Preston deserve a 5 sack a piece game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I hope there is one positive to come out of all of this:

Gary Barnidge's production better skyrocket with a different QB.  #FantasyProblems

Maybe if he could hold onto the ball. He had a few passes go right through his butterfingers yesterday.