Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Maybe if he could hold onto the ball. He had a few passes go right through his butterfingers yesterday.

Agreed.  Only 2 targets, but they were right in the bread basket.

HowevA, last year with McCown at the helm for 8 games, Barnidge had 46 receptions.

I was in the small minority that blasted the RG3 trade on here. It was nothing to do with him being frail. Although already having one ACL in college was a major red flag. It was more about the offense he ran in college and not knowing how that would translate to the NFL game. I just thought it was a huge price to pay for an unproven NFL level QB. I ate my humble pie in 2012. The guy was incredible in that offense. But he still hasnt shown the ability to run an NFL offense. It is a shame he cant seem to get over the injury issues at the NFL level. I was really hoping to watch us decimate the Browns with him at QB in week 4. I wish him luck on his recovery.

• Like 1

Gotta suck to be a Browns fan and watch the guy you could've drafted pick your D apart while the guy you signed gets hurt.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I swear he ran into him on purpose, to safely get injured.

Hue Jackson quote from PFT:

“It’s really unfortunate because Robert worked extremely hard to put himself into position to be our quarterback, to be one of the team leaders, and it’s just very unfortunate,” he said. “

Please, let me make it known, Robert didn’t get hurt trying to run into a linebacker or a DB.”

Strange thing for a coach to say. That idea must be floating around up there.

• Like 1

this is why if you're going to sell tickets, you sell them before the season starts

and if you're going to buy tickets you wait until right before the game

because odds heavily favor that the tickets will drop in value come the week of the game. those browns tickets value just took a hit.

35 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I hope there is one positive to come out of all of this:

Gary Barnidge's production better skyrocket with a different QB.  #FantasyProblems

Have at it for 3 more weeks.  I've got Josh Gordon stashed on my bench. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

It'll be chuck and duck the rest of the season while they are playing from behind.  YOU get a target, YOU get a target, EVERYONE GETS A TARGET!!  :rofl89:

Did you just say, "**** it! I'm going deep!" Rg3 learned the way from his master...

grossrg3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

They had one with RG3 split wide and Pryor at QB that was dead on arrival too.  They had 10 year old make the gameplan this week.

Part of the Verizon "You make the call" promotion where a fan draws up a play and the Browns run it.. Unfortunately according to their promotions staff, this was the only decent submission they had. You can imagine the ones that didn't make the cut..

2 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

I hope there is one positive to come out of all of this:

Gary Barnidge's production better skyrocket with a different QB.  #FantasyProblems

I have Barnidge too. :ols:

Didn't start him yesterday because I didn't trust Griffin. He is still doing the same things Gruden lamented when Griffin was in Washington. Simply not taking what the defense was giving and ALWAYS looking for the home-run hit.

With that kind of mentality, you are never looking to throw it to your big TE (unless their name is either Gronk or Reed). So I'm not surprised that Barnidge had a big goose egg.

With McCown back, the Browns will still be bad, but Barnidge has his fantasy potential again.

Edited by SkinsGuy

I bought tickets to go with a friend to see Griffin play and say thank you.  Now he's not playing and I can't get the money back or go to a different game.  I'm still going to go, but I'm done with Robert Griffin. I'm done, and he's done, too.

Edited by Renegade7

20 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Barnidge looked like **** yesterday. Dropped several passes

He dropped one pass. The other one was badly thrown. Barnidge was only targeted twice.

I drafted Barnidge very late in our draft because I had success with him last season, and I knew Griffin wouldn't last (though I didn't think he would be gone this quick).

Now with Griffin out, Barnidge should be a fantasy choice again. We'll see about this week, though. :) 

22 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

He dropped one pass. The other one was badly thrown. Barnidge was only targeted twice.

I drafted Barnidge very late in our draft because I had success with him last season, and I knew Griffin wouldn't last (though I didn't think he would be gone this quick).

Now with Griffin out, Barnidge should be a fantasy choice again. We'll see about this week, though. :) 

Both hit him right in his hands. And they were both for 1sts and killed the Browns.

• Like 1

Just now, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Both hit him right in his hands. And they were both for 1sts and killed the Browns.

One hit him in his helmet, and it didn't look like he was expecting it.

Barnidge isn't/wasn't the problem. The problem has gone on IR.

Watch Barnidge this week. He'll do much better (fantasy-wise, anyway :) ).