Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm looking forward to how they're going to resolve the Dark Saber, Moff Gideon is still lurking, albeit in captivity. There are a lot of interesting storylines that do not include a Skywalker, apparently.

Including just having The Man With No Name, wandering the West.  Sometimes taking a bounty.  Sometimes a Good Deed.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I just stumbled across this on YouTube ....

It's only Part 1 & it doesn't look like this dude has finished the trilogy, but 15 minutes in, it's pretty watchable. Only negatives so far are Thrawn's eye blinking gets a bit annoying/distracting & some of the graphics look like they're from a PS2 game. 

Also T-5 Hours til The Book Of Boba Fett drops.....

So I've got nit to pick with the new Fett show....

Spoiler

Lucas had always described it as a "used universe" after the Empire came to power. Luke's speeder was banged up, the Falcon was a "hunk of junk" etc. Tatooine is desert planet with twin suns. Everything there should be weathered just due to the harsh conditions. 

With that in mind, here's a Tusken Raider from A New Hope

by-attacking-luke-skywalker-they-almost-

And from Mando S2E1 (5 years after the end of ROTJ)

The-Mandalorian-Season-2-Tuskens-with-Ma

So far the look is consistent. 

However, in the Book of Boba Fett flashbacks, which are during/offscreen ROTJ, they look like they just came off of the set of JJ Abrams shiny new Apple Store esque rebooted Star Trek Enterprise bridge.

the-book-of-boba-fett-s1-e1-at-7.26.15-A

On 12/30/2021 at 9:46 PM, TK said:

So I've got nit to pick with the new Fett show....

Reveal hidden contents

Lucas had always described it as a "used universe" after the Empire came to power. Luke's speeder was banged up, the Falcon was a "hunk of junk" etc. Tatooine is desert planet with twin suns. Everything there should be weathered just due to the harsh conditions. 

With that in mind, here's a Tusken Raider from A New Hope

by-attacking-luke-skywalker-they-almost-

And from Mando S2E1 (5 years after the end of ROTJ)

The-Mandalorian-Season-2-Tuskens-with-Ma

So far the look is consistent. 

However, in the Book of Boba Fett flashbacks, which are during/offscreen ROTJ, they look like they just came off of the set of JJ Abrams shiny new Apple Store esque rebooted Star Trek Enterprise bridge.

the-book-of-boba-fett-s1-e1-at-7.26.15-A

Just one nit? That opening episode was bantha poodoo...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone else watching BoBF? They're doing a good job of giving him a backstory for that missing time between ROTJ and Mando. 

Plus they just mentioned a certain planet last night that was heavily talked about in the Clone Wars series. 

The fam and I are enjoying it. Some good cameos too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone else watching BoBF? They're doing a good job of giving him a backstory for that missing time between ROTJ and Mando. 

Plus they just mentioned a certain planet (Dathomir) last night that was heavily talked about in the Clone Wars series. 

Honestly I've been disappointed so far.  The flashback parts with Boba and the Tusken Raiders I like.  The present day stuff has been pretty weak.  The teenage scooter gang don't fit Star Wars or at least this planet.  That chase scene with the Mayor's assistant felt like they were going 5 mph and the point of it was "look a Droid you might recognize." But present day Boba is soft and even Fennec is WTF dude be a boss.  I guess we'll see where they go with it.  The elements are there for it to be good but to me it's not what they advertised.  I was hoping for Tony Soprano and we're getting Jackie Jr.  

Spoiler

With Fennec it looks like they're setting it up for her to turn on Boba probably because she thinks he's not ruthless enough to run a crime syndicate.  I'm thinking she let the evil wookie in the palace and then conviently was the last person to run in the room.

Show is okay. But they are really doing a good job making Boba look like a wuss.

Dude got owned by Tupacca in his Underwear in front of his employees. 

Some thing I am enjoying is the world building aspect.

They keep saying Tattooine was a water planet… wonder if the Tuscans are an underwater species.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

My opinion on Boba is that he works best as a mysterious background character. Not the lead character. I was never really looking forward to seeing this. Can’t wait for the Obi-Wan series though. 

Agreed, the best thing about Boba Fett, was we didn’t know anything about Boba Fett.

• Like 1