Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

I never get the psychology behind some people. If I was told my opinion on something (that had NOTHING TO DO WITH ME) was abhorrent, it'd probably evaluate that,  and not continue down that path. 

But some of these people - they just can't. They can't shut up. They can't evaluate their behavior. And then double down until fired or face natural consequences. Then they MUH FREEDUM themselves to Parler or whatever. Just stupid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I never get the psychology behind some people. If I was told my opinion on something (that had NOTHING TO DO WITH ME) was abhorrent, it'd probably evaluate that,  and not continue down that path. 

I keep all of my political opinions to myself for a reason. One of my wife's friends quite literally wanted us to get a divorce because she thought I voted for Trump. I didn't, but she simply thought I did because I noted Clinton was an awful candidate--completely independent of her opponent--and she wanted my wife to divorce me. This past Spring, I watched Elrich here in MoCo detail reopening procedures, and the Kentlands Karens just screamed at him, calling him a fascist, Nazi, and racist...because the nail salons weren't opening. I wish I was kidding. That's the political climate we are living.

Politics should be about listening, instead it's screaming, flinging insults, and irrationally mashing the keyboard. And that's all I'll say on that--last thing I want is a political argument...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

IThis past Spring, I watched Elrich here in MoCo detail reopening procedures, and the Kentlands Karens just screamed at him, calling him a fascist, Nazi, and racist...because the nail salons weren't opening. I wish I was kidding.

whoawhoawhoa, Kentland's Karen's are the ones posting on Nextdoor that people aren't wearing two masks when driving alone with the windows up... 😆

Now if we're talking Olney or Damascus Karens...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

whoawhoawhoa, Kentland's Karen's are the ones posting on Nextdoor that people aren't wearing two masks when driving alone with the windows up... 😆

Now if we're talking Olney or Damascus Karens...

But don't **** with their nail salons...

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I keep all of my political opinions to myself for a reason. One of my wife's friends quite literally wanted us to get a divorce because she thought I voted for Trump. I didn't, but she simply thought I did because I noted Clinton was an awful candidate--completely independent of her opponent--and she wanted my wife to divorce me. This past Spring, I watched Elrich here in MoCo detail reopening procedures, and the Kentlands Karens just screamed at him, calling him a fascist, Nazi, and racist...because the nail salons weren't opening. I wish I was kidding. That's the political climate we are living.

Politics should be about listening, instead it's screaming, flinging insults, and irrationally mashing the keyboard. And that's all I'll say on that--last thing I want is a political argument...

If you could only adopt your stance here for your views on baseball.

Getting this back on track here, Carano is an idiot.  And I did watch most of the first season of the Mandalorian and thought it was pretty good.  Won't catch me at the movie theatre for a Star Wars movie ever again though.

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If you could only adopt your stance here for your views on baseball.

Oh, you'd miss it:)

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Getting this back on track here, Carano is an idiot.  And I did watch most of the first season of the Mandalorian and thought it was pretty good.  Won't catch me at the movie theatre for a Star Wars movie ever again though.

Carano is an idiot--apparently she was in discussions for her own show. What a dip****. Mind boggling.

As for Star Wars--it would entierly depend on who is running it. If Dave Filoni is involved--I would. They should give more to Gareth Edwards too (Rogue One). But others? No thanks. The Sequel Trilogy was interesting and entertaining initially, but they blew it. I just didn't care about any of the characters. It'll be interesting to see what these next series coming out consist of, but the MCU has crushed Star Wars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

But some of these people - they just can't. They can't shut up. They can't evaluate their behavior. And then double down until fired or face natural consequences. Then they MUH FREEDUM themselves to Parler or whatever. Just stupid. 

It's like some people will never ever ever admit they were wrong/made a mistake/etc. It's like they are conviced they would just melt away if they had to admit to anyone that they aren't perfect. 

Those people can suck it, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

One too many hits to the head, me thinks.

She took enough bombs from Cyborg to scramble 3 brains.

Don't know where they are in the production process...if the next season is done or whatever.  What I do know is that they can keep the character around going the mask route.  Killing her without showing her will be difficult to not make awkward.

Gotta wonder how much of the full story the character was a part of.  Slapping a mask over another actress is a million times easier than having to redo the script.

• Haha 1

I assumed the end of S2 was a convenient place to discontinue her character regardless of all the.....issues with the actress.  She was a random character who's purpose was pretty much to aid The Mandalorian in protecting the child until handed off the the proper guardian.  Once that mission was achieved her character was not really required anymore.  Sure, due to popularity reasons they could have found justification to bring her back or even attempt to haver her carry her own show, but is it ok to admit that she isn't a very good actress to begin with?  In that specific role she is passable, but carrying an actual show? Ehh.....

As far as what she was posting.  It was pretty bad and if conservatives (not on this board that I know of) want to lump all that stuff in with "conservative views" then that is their prerogative, but for those that didn't have the pleasure of seeing the posts for yourself, just think every conspiracy theory from Q-Anon and other like-minded sources posted almost daily.  

• Like 1

According to the Film & Television Industry Alliance, Lucasfilm is currently expecting to start production on the highly-anticipated third season of The Mandalorian on April 5, 2021, in Los Angeles.

Wouldn't be overly difficult to write her out at this point

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I assumed the end of S2 was a convenient place to discontinue her character regardless of all the.....issues with the actress.  She was a random character who's purpose was pretty much to aid The Mandalorian in protecting the child until handed off the the proper guardian.  Once that mission was achieved her character was not really required anymore.  Sure, due to popularity reasons they could have found justification to bring her back or even attempt to haver her carry her own show, but is it ok to admit that she isn't a very good actress to begin with?  In that specific role she is passable, but carrying an actual show? Ehh.....

She was pretty much a stoic, make-things-go-boom character. Easily replaceable. You know who would make a fantastic replacement? Captain Rex.

• Like 2