Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

42 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think there is massive interest in that. I think people would rejoice over a young Luke trilogy set shortly after Mandalorian timeline and see what he’s up to. The problem is this would likely butt up against the ST or at least events that we know about from that. 

then you would have to recast Luke and probably Leia and Han which I don’t think Disney wants to do 

Didn't they already recast Leia? Thought some actress was cast to play her, in either a tv show or movie? If they recast Han; then they can recast Luke.

41 minutes ago, bearrock said:

For more Luke, I can support a retcon and terrible CGI.  MOAR LUKE!

I’m fine with them retconning that, and I’d be on board for putting the ST in “legends” territory and making an entirely new ST set 5-10 years after the current Mandalorian time period with a recast young Luke, Han, and Leia. 

they had the chance to really do something unique and interesting and bold with the ST following TLJ (which I loved) and they ruined it. So just forget the whole thing. 

the problem is Disney won’t do that. All the work they are doing on Mandalorian and their hundred other shows are going to try to prop up the existing ST rather than make something new 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I read last night that a live action sequel to Rebels with Thrawn and Ezra Bridger already cast is being looked at. Allegedly Mena Massoud will play Ezra and Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrawn.

Woo, I like that casting

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I read last night that a live action sequel to Rebels with Thrawn and Ezra Bridger already cast is being looked at. Allegedly Mena Massoud will play Ezra and Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrawn.

That's going to be for Ashoka's series, I think. Lars Mikkelson voiced Thrawn for Rebels so he is a perfect choice, like Katee Sakhoff did for Bo Katan in Clone Wars and Rebels. Too bad they cancelled Rangers of the New Republic, that was going to be centered around Hera Syndulla following Gina Carano's meltdown.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The rumors were than Sebastien Stan was playing young Luke in a series. Brie Larson was rumored to play his wife, Mara Jade.

Karen Gillan is going to play Mara Jade. Rumor is Brie Larson doesn't play well with others and Filoni and Favreau weren't having any of that.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...