Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

On 11/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Starting to look like a live action Rebels sequel.

I, for one, am okay with that. Like Rebels was a Clone Wars sequel--I am psyched to see this series. Honestly, the Star Wars TV shows have crushed the movies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Feeling more and more like the Mandalorian magic was more about baby Yoda and now that we have to have live action series for every damn character in the universe, who will all be somehow be involved with a Skywalker, I’m just losing more and more interest. 

I Fucking Hate Everything GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s so awesome they brought Maul back just so he could take more ridiculous Ls, become a crime lord and get killed in 2 seconds by Obi Wan 

like Boba, he should have stayed dead but fans cling to cool designs so they have to resurrect people for no thematic reason 

Agreed.  I really don't like how they made Yoda a baby in the Mandalorian series.  Made no sense because he was already dead.  I get the whole force ghost thing (actually I don't), but why does he get reincarnated and other guys that died in Return of the Jedi like Vader and Leia don't?? 

Here's your answer--- wimpy little fan boys who had to see Yoda as a baby.

Edited by kfrankie

5 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Agreed.  I really don't like how they made Yoda a baby in the Mandalorian series.  Made no sense because he was already dead.  I get the whole force ghost thing (actually I don't), but why does he get reincarnated and other guys that died in Return of the Jedi like Vader and Leia don't?? 

This one I’m ok with because baby Yoda is an angel and will be my Christmas tree topper for the 3rd year in a row. I will not stand by and let anyone talk ill of the prince. 

also, he isn’t Yoda. Just one of whatever alien race yoda is. 

but yeah. Mandalorian was cool then they just had to have Luke save the day because fanboys didn’t get to see the superhero jedi master Luke of their childhood action figures dreams in The Last Jedi and cried about it for 3 years. 

now they’ve weakened Mando by having to have Luke save his ass, put him on par with another fan service ass pull character in Boba Fett, and made his entire series nothing more than setup for live action animated show sequels, and to top it all off we lost baby Yoda who is 85% responsible for that show becoming mainstream anyway 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s so awesome they brought Maul back just so he could take more ridiculous Ls, become a crime lord and get killed in 2 seconds by Obi Wan 

like Boba, he should have stayed dead but fans cling to cool designs so they have to resurrect people for no thematic reason 

Nah Maul has been tight, have enjoyed the rebirth of his character. He takes massive L’s because that’s his thing. He is Sisyphus. Gets the boulder up the hill just to always fall back down.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

source.gif

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Well, maybe a couple typos.  Sorry, "Mandolorian."  Yeeesh......   But you get the point.

giphy.gif

You don't know what you don't know & I forgive you. :) 

"they made Yoda a baby"

No they didn't. 

"I get the whole force ghost thing (actually I don't)"

Since you're not sure, you actually don't.

"why does he get reincarnated"

He does not.

" guys that died in Return of the Jedi like Vader and Leia don't?"

First, Leia is definitely not a guy. Secondly, she didn't die in ROTJ. 

"Here's your answer--- wimpy little fan boys who had to see Yoda as a baby."

Imperial Stormtroopers are more accurate than what you posted.  :)

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, TK said:

giphy.gif

You don't know what you don't know & I forgive you. :) 

"they made Yoda a baby"

No they didn't. 

"I get the whole force ghost thing (actually I don't)"

Since you're not sure, you actually don't.

"why does he get reincarnated"

He does not.

" guys that died in Return of the Jedi like Vader and Leia don't?"

First, Leia is definitely not a guy. Secondly, she didn't die in ROTJ. 

"Here's your answer--- wimpy little fan boys who had to see Yoda as a baby."

Imperial Stormtroopers are more accurate than what you posted.  :)

giphy.gif

Well, I stand corrected.  And "guy" can be sex neutral.  And Leia died in something recently when she flew out into space like a damn blimp.  As far as the reincarnation things goes, as Yoda said "noeth not what thou dost not yet know. The future is not thine to see, but remaineth mine."  

Edited by kfrankie

"Well, I stand corrected."

More like fall flat. :rolleyes: 

"And Leia died in something recently when she flew out into space like a damn blimp."

You originally claimed she died in ROTJ & came back. ROTJ hit theaters on May 25, 1983. She didn't die flying out into space (The Last Jedi). She died in The Rise Of Skywalker reaching out across the galaxy to Kylo Ren & calling him by his birth name of Ben. It was that act that drained her of her remaining energy & killed her. 

"as Yoda said "noeth not what thou dost not yet know. The future is not thine to see, but remaineth mine." 

Congrats. You've now screwed up Yoda's dialect with Shakespearean speak. Keep going & you'll end up with a Jar Jar avatar. :) 

232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpeg

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, TK said:

"Well, I stand corrected."

More like fall flat. :rolleyes: 

"And Leia died in something recently when she flew out into space like a damn blimp."

You originally claimed she died in ROTJ & came back. ROTJ hit theaters on May 25, 1983. She didn't die flying out into space (The Last Jedi). She died in The Rise Of Skywalker reaching out across the galaxy to Kylo Ren & calling him by his birth name of Ben. It was that act that drained her of her remaining energy & killed her. 

"as Yoda said "noeth not what thou dost not yet know. The future is not thine to see, but remaineth mine." 

Congrats. You've now screwed up Yoda's dialect with Shakespearean speak. Keep going & you'll end up with a Jar Jar avatar. :) 

232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpeg

That wasn't Shakespeare, that was Dragon Warrior IV.  Regardless, Jar Jar cannot read Shakespeare even though he's bilingual.

Edit:  Nice to know that someone here has a sense of humor and is willing to play along...   😛

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This one I’m ok with because baby Yoda is an angel and will be my Christmas tree topper for the 3rd year in a row. I will not stand by and let anyone talk ill of the prince. 

also, he isn’t Yoda. Just one of whatever alien race yoda is. 

but yeah. Mandalorian was cool then they just had to have Luke save the day because fanboys didn’t get to see the superhero jedi master Luke of their childhood action figures dreams in The Last Jedi and cried about it for 3 years. 

now they’ve weakened Mando by having to have Luke save his ass, put him on par with another fan service ass pull character in Boba Fett, and made his entire series nothing more than setup for live action animated show sequels, and to top it all off we lost baby Yoda who is 85% responsible for that show becoming mainstream anyway 

He never should have removed his mask.  And the producers should also make the actor that plays him keep a full metal mask on at all time in public, in case his contract demands get too haughty and they need to replace him.

Edited by kfrankie

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is such a misguided take. What Luke did is allow Mando's story to continue beyond baby yoda. Plus, it's gut wrenching because they allow people to think that baby yoda may have been killed at Luke's Jedi temple. It's both good and evil. 

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

This is such a misguided take. What Luke did is allow Mando's story to continue beyond baby yoda. Plus, it's gut wrenching because they allow people to think that baby yoda may have been killed at Luke's Jedi temple. It's both good and evil. 

they could have written a worthwhile conclusion for Grogu or actual next step for Mando without falling back on apparently the only family in existence in this universe having to be involved and save the day. 

i mean I watch the end of season 2 and still cry when he takes his helmet off for Grogu so what they did was handled well i just hate what it means for every character involved and the show going forward. Now instead of Mando being a new character and storyline we just get him stuck in Clone Wars and Rebels storylines 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they could have written a worthwhile conclusion for Grogu or actual next step for Mando without falling back on apparently the only family in existence in this universe having to be involved and save the day. 

i mean I watch the end of season 2 and still cry when he takes his helmet off for Grogu so what they did was handled well i just hate what it means for every character involved and the show going forward. Now instead of Mando being a new character and storyline we just get him stuck in Clone Wars and Rebels storylines 

Maybe the writers will insert a baby Chewbacca as the lead in season 3.  And then Han will come take him away at end of season 4.  Imagine the merchandizing off of that move if they make him like look like a puppy!!

12 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Maybe the writers will insert a baby Chewbacca as the lead in season 3.  And then Han will come take him away at end of season 4.  Imagine the merchandizing off of that move if they make him like look like a puppy!!

The trolling really isn't funny,

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Chronologically and canonically, incorporating Luke really makes the most sense. He's currently searching out Jedi to rebuild the order--why wouldn't he sense and latch onto someone with Grogu's power? Bringing in another, unintroduced jedi, or even Ahsoka, would make less sense and bring more questions like "where were they the whole time?" or "why didn't Ahsoka just take him the 1st time?"

Filoni and Favreau did well to retcon the ****-move endings of both Boba Fett and Luke.

Finally, the show is also the Mandalorian, not Grogu. It would have been less interesting for me and made less sense if they just continued touring around the galaxy when there is a blatantly obvious answer.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Finally, the show is also the Mandalorian, not Grogu. It would have been less interesting for me and made less sense if they just continued touring around the galaxy when there is a blatantly obvious answer.

And I think that the way they wrote him out can be seen as a positive, too. Not as the removal of the muppet, but rather as Mando accomplishing his quest. 

If it becomes "The Mando and Grogu Show", then Mando keeps getting bailed out by his baby stroller every 4-5 episodes, too. 

Edited by Larry
  • Thanks 1