Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

While I loved the episode, I don't get why that was in this series. 

Let us not question why we were gifted this wonderful thing, let us simply enjoy it and give thanks. 

I like that Mando showed up to buy a sensible vehicle for his occupation and ended up being talked into buying a sports car.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Let us not question why we were gifted this wonderful thing, let us simply enjoy it and give thanks. 

I like that Mando showed up to buy a sensible vehicle for his occupation and ended up being talked into buying a sports car.

😂 right, like this man used to have space for an armory, some bunks, and a room for carbonite bounties… now all he’s got room for is a little green dude or a few severed heads 

• Haha 1

I saw on Twitter that Mando was going to be in episode 5. Spoiler sucks but I wouldn’t have watched otherwise. So after having no interest at all in this series, I watched all 5 episodes tonight. Just finished and episode 5 was awesome. 

damn I am pumped. 

Still don’t really care at all about Boba. There is nothing about him to me that is better or more interesting than Mando. But it’s entertaining I suppose. I like the Tartarus looking wookie too and some of the callbacks and references scattered throughout. I hate the colorful hot rod hover bikes from that teenage gang. They look awful. Also the external bionics are way too cyberpunk for this franchise. I think those and the hot rod bikes are way out of place and look terrible. I am glad they are giving him some actual character and not making him walk around with his helmet on all the time. It demystifies him but I think that’s what his character needs. 

what is the deal with the weight of the dark saber? I don’t remember Moff Gideon having any struggles with it. 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:35 AM, The Evil Genius said:

So with BK showing up in Ep2 of BoBF, are we going to see Doctor Aphra???

who is Bk?

On 1/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, drowland said:

That chase scene with the Mayor's assistant felt like they were going 5 mph and the point of it was "look a Droid you might recognize.

Man that chase was awful lol and I thought the same thing about the droids. Legit damn near any droid that’s ever appeared in a Star Wars movie was thrown into that chase for some reason 

On 1/22/2022 at 2:23 PM, No Nonsense said:

Can’t wait for the Obi-Wan series though. 

i just don’t have any interest in this either. He’s a boring character at this point with no more relevant story to tell. More made up stories between movies that will simply make ANH Obi Wan look like a chump. 

tho because this is Star Wars the same 5 people will continue to run into each other in the galaxy so I’m sure more baffling connections wil be made between Obi wan and other characters that are conveniently  never mentioned in any other instances 

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i just don’t have any interest in this either. He’s a boring character at this point with no more relevant story to tell. More made up stories between movies that will simply make ANH Obi Wan look like a chump. 

tho because this is Star Wars the same 5 people will continue to run into each other in the galaxy so I’m sure more baffling connections wil be made between Obi wan and other characters that are conveniently  never mentioned in any other instances 

I agree with you on the Obi Wan series. I don’t see the point in it at all. I had interest in the Boba Fett series, but more and more I’m coming around to your line of thinking and they should have just let that character be. 

• Like 2

Yeah you can tell the huge difference in quality between Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. I don't completely hate BoBF but it hasn't grabbed me the same way Mandalorian has. 

Still, I'll take more Star Wars content anytime. But I do wish they'd explore other time periods. A series based on The Old Republic era would be awesome. 

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah you can tell the huge difference in quality between Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. I don't completely hate BoBF but it hasn't grabbed me the same way Mandalorian has. 

Still, I'll take more Star Wars content anytime. But I do wish they'd explore other time periods. A series based on The Old Republic era would be awesome. 

If they have to use an existing character, maybe they could do The Young Yoda Chronicles.   I'm sure his 200s were wild. 

But I agree, as far as basic storytelling and character development goes, Bioware did a much better job some 20 years ago than any of the new stuff.  HK-31 alone has been better than any of the droid characters since TOS. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

I still think that Han and Chewie doing Dukes of Hazard things could be a lot of fun. 

Be fine with me if they went a couple seasons without the Force being a factor at all, too. Remember, Han had never seen any evidence of it. 

Make a greedy scoundrel, too. Maybe a rule that he only does one Good Deed a season?  

5 hours ago, TK said:

image.thumb.png.81e16d93c42563c99065044b3066a4be.png

EXACTLY what I was thinking....couldn't he have also shot a rocket in the air to go around the shields? Talk about a stupid plot hole

I want a series based on the cantina band....sex, space drugs, and playing that same song over and over

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Haha 1

I’m just over the established characters. Don’t need any more adventures with Obi Wan, Han, Luke etc. 

They’ve run their course and are beaten into the ground at this point. I guess Ewan McGregor needed a paycheck but this Obi Wan series is completely pointless fan service and nothing more. 

maybe that’s why the Mandalorian is so interesting. It’s a new character with a fresh story to tell.

10 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

But I agree, as far as basic storytelling and character development goes, Bioware did a much better job some 20 years ago than any of the new stuff.  HK-31 alone has been better than any of the droid characters since TOS. 

Have you played Fallen Order?

Spoiler

Trilla Suduri might be the best character in any Star Wars game.

Thats one reason I want to see a series based on the Inquisitors hunting down Jedi. Make it dark as ****.