Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

6 hours ago, Larry said:

I get the impression y'all are saying Palpatine is coming back.  

And I could see that.  They left hints about a Sith who learned to conquer death or whatever mumbo jumbo it was.  And they've put hints out.  

But I'll point out:  The title of the episode is The Rise of Skywalker.  Not Rebirth of an Empire.  

And they have to give it a Good Guy ending.  

So, there's a Good Guy coming, too.  Might be Rey, but then there's still that pesky word "Skywalker".  Maybe they find out she's a Skywalker.  That pesky Skywalker family did love hiding their children.  (Almost as much as they love killing their fathers.)  

Or, there's a Skywalker coming back.  

I could see it being Luke.  But I could see it being Anakin, too.  Cue "There is good in him".  Cue "balance to the Force".  

I could see Darth Vader killing Palpatine twice.  (Heck, haven't we blown up the Death Star four times, or something?)  

Maybe Kylo Ren returning to the light side is considered the Rise of Skywalker? He does have Skywalker blood.

Just spitballin' here. I imagine the film will be entertaining to watch once, just like the other sequels, but that's about it.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Oh they could do the Big Trouble in Little China Lopan fate with Darth Sidious....his plan works, he is back.......just in time to be killed all over again a few scenes later.

The trailer was one big enigma, for what little it gave away of the actual action and set pieces it sure seemed to give away a lot of actual story line.  Of course it could be a carefully crafted trailer purposely edited to throw people off.

Not sure how it really gave away that much about the story line. We already knew Palpatine was back. We already knew some sort of remnant of the Galactic Empire was back. We saw about the same here. Plus, to your second point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was crafted to be that way. Remember that JJ Abrams did the same thing with TFA...the whole lead up led lots of people to believe that Finn was the Jedi/force sensitive one...showing him with the lightsaber in the trailers and poster. But who knows. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I guess we’re going back to earnest fan service after the Last Jedi trollfest?

Without giving away some spoilers that I saw, the answer is "Yes".

And if what I heard is accurate it should be good.

Rian Johnson screwed up and supposedly Disney knows it.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I still like TLJ despite its many flaws and depending on what they pull out of their ass for this finale, the sequel trilogy can still be excellent if they tie it all together and close out both the ST and entire saga on a cohesive high note. 

I still think Kylo and Rey are the best two characters in the whole story, outside of Anakin/Vader. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Without giving away some spoilers that I saw, the answer is "Yes".

And if what I heard is accurate it should be good.

Rian Johnson screwed up and supposedly Disney knows it.

Welp, I have to be optimistic cause, let’s face it, things really can’t get worse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If the Mandorian turns out to be Boba Fett, which I think we all know it will be, I’m gonna be pissed. 

It's confirmed it's not the case. I think this was originally was going to be Fett, but they changed it. It looks very different and really good.

47 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's confirmed it's not the case. I think this was originally was going to be Fett, but they changed it. It looks very different and really good.

They wouldn’t say that up front anyway. I bet that is a twist reveal at the end of season 1. 

which would suck for me because this looks really cool but Boba is the most overrated lame ass thing in Star Wars. 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They wouldn’t say that up front anyway. I bet that is a twist reveal at the end of season 1. 

which would suck for me because this looks really cool but Boba is the most overrated lame ass thing in Star Wars. 

Not Boba Fett

It’s easy to look at the new live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian and assume the lead character is simply Boba Fett by another name.

Both the new Disney+ character and the Empire Strikes Back fan-favorite (who perished in Return of the Jedi) wear Mandalorian armor. Both are bounty hunters. And both are tough guys who are not exactly chatty.

But that’s where the similarities end.

As showrunner Jon Favreau, director Dave Filoni, and star Pedro Pascal explain, first of all, their Mandalorian is actually a real Mandalorian.

“Our guy is a Mandalorian, and we definitely explore the culture of the Mandalorian,” Favreau says.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/03/mandalorian-vs-boba-fett/