Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the ref?

Burgold

There was a running into the kicker penalty not called early in the game when we had our backs into the endzone.

Wasn't a great game from Bolger's team, but we should get acustomed to him not being good. It's not the first time.

Bolger's group does seem horrible...for both teams.

Rules are crappy and overly complicated.  Creates a lot of grey area and allows subjectivity to seep in.  In some games, it does less and all the teams just get flagged to death.  In some games it does more, and it kills the game.  Like last week with the Giants, couple screw up calls early put us in a hole that we never climbed out of.

This week was bad, but thankfully we held on.

You should probably read the last few pages of the Eagles Message board Game day thread. As they were complaining about the same thing. I wont post their quotes but they feel like the refs gave the game to us as well. The NFL wanted penalties enforced this year. They are up in every game and against every team. I hate what it is doing to the flow of the game. It really is almost unwatchable. But it certainly is no conspiracy against our team.

I prefer doing this in a win, but what the ref, man!  So many BS personal fouls against us and that knee was down (tie is supposed to go to the offense) although I don't disagree with them not overruling the call. It was too damn close. But the personal foul for roughing the QB, the personal foul against Trent Robinson, the other personal foul that was just so ridiculous they refused to even show a replay... oh yeah, and that other personal foul where they wouldn't even say what he got a person foul for... Not to mention those ridiculous non calls on PI esp. the one on Garcon. 

What the ref, man! What the ref!

And I apologize for abusing the profanity filters by saying ref so many reffing times!

Still angry even with the win!

I'm with you.  Every game it seems like they see everything the Redskins do wrong.  You're not alone here.  It gets my blood pressure boiling! 

The one PF called on the Skins when the WR put his shoulder down and hit the DB after the catch was ATROCIOUS!

This was the most egregious call of the day. There were plenty of other bad calls, but this one was so bad.

I wanted to have another look at the other unnecessary roughness call again. In live action it did look like a high hit, but they never showed it again. It could have been a similar situation, but we will never know.

Officiating sucks in every sport (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, EPL, ). Honestly, we'd be better off with robo-refs.

But we won so **** them...and Goodell just cuz 

don't need robo refs

Just make everything reviewable. You don't lose your challenge unless call isn't overturned.   itll will make the game longer? cut the commercials in half, problem solved....hell go to commercial during the challenge. win/win

Thanks, Burgold.

I was going to say the same thing.

I don't **** about the refs much, but if we lost this one it's because it was bought and paid for.

What the **** was going on out there today?

But we didn't lose so did whoever bought and paid for the refs not get their money's worth? Or does it literally just flip back and forth based on the W/L outcome?

Vegas making sure game stayed within the spread

Vegas also made sure our secondary let the Eagles WRs sprint past them on the way to their 3 TDs. That sneaky ole Vegas...

There were some horrible calls today, but if the Redskins would have lost I wouldn't have blamed it on the refs. There were some phantom calls against the Eagles too, although I don't think it was exactly even (those 2 PF's on Robinson were especially bad).

I cant help but wonder if all these flags are partly a side effect of this being a copycat league.

The seahawks are an aggressive punch you in the mouth football team who pushes the boundaries constantly to gain the physical advantage and as a result they are always one of if not the most penalized teams in the league, but also one of the most successful.

Some of this has to be other teams thinking if it works for them it'll work for us

With the way these games are being called against the Skins, I honestly am beginning to wonder this year if the team name is having an effect on the way ref are calling the game.  I would certainly hope not.  But who knows if deep down the PC police within the refs is surfacing during the games?

*flame suit engage*

For the record, I'm for keeping the name.

With the way these games are being called against the Skins, I honestly am beginning to wonder this year if the team name is having an effect on the way ref are calling the game.  I would certainly hope not.  But who knows if deep down the PC police within the refs is surfacing during the games?

*flame suit engage*

For the record, I'm for keeping the name.

probably more to do with philly fans that will actually murder them

Like Bang said earlier,Boger and his crew are traditionally "bad". You see he and his crew officiating a game,be ready for some over officiating,inconsistency,and questionable calls. This one was  "classic: for them and it makes for not fun football watching at times. 

I don't think there's a conspiracy, really... but I do think there's something psychological with the way refs handle our games. 

It's like they go into it thinking "the Redskins suck, if they're doing something right it must be because we're not catching them on penalties, so we have to make sure we see everything they do. We don't want to look bad."

I know that might sound crazy, but I swear it's there. I mean, they see EVERYTHING we do. EVERYTHING. Even if it's just barely there, or not really a penalty but kind of looks like one, their flag flies so fast you'd think they should be QBs themselves.

The other team, on the other hand, has to do something completely obvious and egregious to get called. Otherwise, they get the benefit of the doubt.

There's no way this doesn't exist in my mind.  

When you're sitting 20 yards off the field, in the stands, and you can tell the refs are making bad calls when they're right in front of the play... my god what a terrible crew that was.

Well, that's when you know they're not making terrible calls, but that something malicious is going on. :paranoid:

I can also accept the logic of PCS' version of :paranoid:

Archived