Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the ref?

Burgold

I prefer doing this in a win, but what the ref, man!  So many BS personal fouls against us and that knee was down (tie is supposed to go to the offense) although I don't disagree with them not overruling the call. It was too damn close. But the personal foul for roughing the QB, the personal foul against Trent Robinson, the other personal foul that was just so ridiculous they refused to even show a replay... oh yeah, and that other personal foul where they wouldn't even say what he got a person foul for... Not to mention those ridiculous non calls on PI esp. the one on Garcon. 

What the ref, man! What the ref!

And I apologize for abusing the profanity filters by saying ref so many reffing times!

Still angry even with the win!

It all evens out. The Redskins easily could have been called for PI on the Eagles 3rd down play prior to their final punt. He was definitely there early but they didn't call it. Same with the holding call against the Eagles on the last drive on their CB. I didn't see anything but it worked out in the Redskins favor so it's all good.

Too much subjectivity in the rules. Makes for bad and uneven play calling and ruins the rythym of the game.

The good teams get bad calls often as well, but they are good enough to play above those calls. We usually aren't but were today.

This has been my biggest beef with the nfl for years, and it is getting worse.

It was all bad, both sides have room to complain after a game like that. We ended up on the right side of it because the Eagles only played 1.75 quarters of football.

or the Eagles could only execute bombs. Otherwise, the D pretty much nullified them. Their kicker also really killed them. They ought to cut him and sign Forbath.

If you can believe it, an Eagles' fan friend of mine text my friend after the game to complain about penalties favoring the 'Skins.......

Umm, WHAT?

I am not going to claim every single call went against the 'Skins today, but it was more about the most obviously undeserved calls that were flagged with little care that seemed to go against us at the worst times.

That first one against #34.  All he did was literally brace himself from the WR's momentum crashing into him.  There was no "hit" by him at all, he was just squaring up to not get speared by the WR after the catch.  I have no idea what the ref was looking at.

or the Eagles could only execute bombs. Otherwise, the D pretty much nullified them. Their kicker also really killed them. They ought to cut him and sign Forbath.

Oh, I forgot about the kicker. It's easy to forget that other teams have S/T problems when you watch us every week, but honestly, we would have been looking at OT at best had they been able to execute the very basics.

forget the two Personal fouls, how about that PI on Garson that would have had us inside the 10?

Head Ump explained that one. Apparently, the Eagles were given special permission by Mara to tackle the Redskins even pre-snap. So, it was actually impossible within the rules for the umps to throw a flag for something that blatant, obvious and ridiculous.

Oh, I forgot about the kicker. It's easy to forget that other teams have S/T problems when you watch us every week, but honestly, we would have been looking at OT at best had they been able to execute the very basics.

Yep, we won in part because the guy missed an extra point.

If you can believe it, an Eagles' fan friend of mine text my friend after the game to complain about penalties favoring the 'Skins.......

Umm, WHAT?

I am not going to claim every single call went against the 'Skins today, but it was more about the most obviously undeserved calls that were flagged with little care that seemed to go against us at the worst times.

That first one against #34.  All he did was literally brace himself from the WR's momentum crashing into him.  There was no "hit" by him at all, he was just squaring up to not get speared by the WR after the catch.  I have no idea what the ref was looking at.

They should have to review every personal foul for unnecessary roughness. They miss it too much and has too big of an impact on the game. The game moves too fast for any human to accurately make those calls on the fly.

They should have to review every personal foul for unnecessary roughness. They miss it too much and has too big of an impact on the game. The game moves too fast for any human to accurately make those calls on the fly.

Does it though, because I don't remember them getting these wrong so often before.  Hell, they messed up 5 yard and 15 yard facemasks but only sometimes.   I think the rules and adjustments and emphases to protect receivers has ruined officiating in the passing game.

NFL still refuses to hold refs accountable.

Yeah, they say they review and assign them but when you look at a game like today, you know they won't discipline these guys.

Archived