Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for Belichick UPDATED: POLL ADDED

Major Harris

Should we trade for Bill Belichick?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade for Bill Belichick?

• No, he's a cheater
    • No, he has no fashion sense
    • No, he is old / I'd rather have Gruden
    • Yes, RG3 and 2 firsts is fair
    • Yes, but under different terms
    • DO WHATEVER IT TAKES

what a stupid thread.  i see the mods on this board continue to NOT do their job.

haphazard is the only useful poster on this board...I swear

What makes it stupid ?

It's a topic that some of us seem to believe is worth talking about.

How does that mean the Moderators are not doing their job ?

Is there something confusing to you about the premise of the discussion? Is that why you find it stupid?

What makes it stupid ?

It's a topic that some of us seem to believe is worth talking about.

How does that mean the Moderators are not doing their job ?

Is there something confusing to you about the premise of the discussion? Is that why you find it stupid?

He must want to spend the rest of his fandom with mediocre coaches that will never turn this franchise around and lead us back to the promise land.

I'm tired of that and Double B is the coach that could take us to the next level.  Haters gonna hate.

No for me and cheating aside my reason probably seems kinda silly.

I want a no name up and Comer like gruden because it always feels better when you bring in your own talent instead of just buying it.

If a team discards a coach like Shanahan that's a little different because he was available for nothing and you didn't have to give anything up for him.

I know it may seem a little crazy but if we are fortunate enough to win some super bowls I want it to be with a new name coach because to me it will feel more like ours and less like we rented a championship from the Patriots.

And being from Massachusetts I'd also have to hear about it all the time.

It's late summer, and camp isn't here yet..   generally the worst tme of year to be a footbal fan is late June til the last week of July..

Seriously, some of y'all need to ligten up. It's just a hypothetical discussion for the fun of it.

So for my fun, IF the opportunity presented itself, we'd have to go all out, sell the house, everything, AND we'd have to get Dan out of the way.

Meaning to have the Army take him on a USO tour to the middle of Afghanistan and leave him there.

Cheating..  The main problems I have with the things Bellichick has done is 

A/ the hubris. Spyzilla was just hubris,, an F-U to the league that he does what he wants.
BUT, regardless, he came back and went undefeated -1.

B/ Deflatezilla is just ridiculous whining by teams that can't get past the Pats in the AFC title game.
the ball being deflated by an nth too much is not going to mean the difference between winning and losing SO many games. The Pats win, and regardless of whatever anyone thinks, when all of us sit down and make Super Bowl predictions, for the last decade, you have to consider picking the Patriots.
Technically it's against the rules, but i float this more under gamesmanship than 'cheating'. 

Bellichick's a winner. Plain and simple.

If we traded a ton of picks for him, i would not sweat, because he will get them back, and there is arguably no better spotter of talent in the league.

BUT, i don't think even a winner like him could overcome Dan Snyder.

~Bang

Hell. I was thinking about this all wrong. Trading for double B is just a half measure. Sure, we would get the greatest coach of all time, but even an above average coach like ol' coach Joe sucked a fat one when he came back. Two timeouts in a row? What a moron!

I've solved this dilemma. Easy peasy.

I will become a Patriots fan. This makes so much sense! I'll get double B, that sexy mofo tossing the pigskin around, owners who are benevolent and most importantly a team with a truly storied history. Plus, I wouldn't be so torn about rooting for a team with a racist name like ours. What is more American than a Patriot? Duh. I

So, let's just become Patriots fans!

Hell. I was thinking about this all wrong. Trading for double B is just a half measure. Sure, we would get the greatest coach of all time, but even an above average coach like ol' coach Joe sucked a fat one when he came back. Two timeouts in a row? What a moron!

I will become a Patriots fan. This makes so much sense! I'll get double B, that sexy mofo tossing the pigskin around, owners who are benevolent and most importantly a team with a truly storied history. Plus, I wouldn't be so torn about rooting for a team with a racist name like ours. What is more American than a Patriot? Duh. I

There's a fine line between a patriot and a terrorist. It all depends on which side you are on. Therefore I call the name patriot offensive and want it changed immediately to the NE hoodies. I think it's appropriate since it was BB who put them on the map.

From behind closed doors, the NFL propagandists are pleased.

~Bang

what a stupid thread.  i see the mods on this board continue to NOT do their job.

Idk, man, with a name like "extremeskins", if we can't be extreme here, where can we? I like that the mods to a certain extent come into moderate when we prove incapable of moderating ourselves (which happens form time to time).

I feel everyone should have the right to be publicly tarred and feathered for their opinion (no offence, OP) that includes myself, give the OP the chance to prove their point is not indefensible, and then its up to us to stop posting in the thread so it falls off the front page. That's the way we've been doing this for years.

Usually if a thread shouldn't get that far, its a collective agreement and the mods step in. I don't see that this time : )

Offseason almost over, lol

This remain to be seen, and I wouldn't bet on it. :rolleyes::)

Some of his supporters also have selected memory about him. Last time I checked the coaching tree of the "genius" his under .50. It seems that he has a problem passing on the knowledge.

He also owns a record that IMO will stand for years to come: the first and only coach to get owned twice by the same coach in the SB.

I like guys who win fair and square and don't have to rely on cheating or dirty tricks to get it done.

Cheating is really something I despise, that's why, eventhough he's a good coach I wouldn't sign him

Coach Gibbs is superior to him, he did it with 3 different QBs none of them being elite, and yet doesn't receive half the praise BB is gettting. Take out Brady and see what happens, like during 2008, despite I confess a good record, they missed the playoffs.

I'd rather have Mike McCarthy onboard.

It doesn't matter what you would bet on; his record in the past says he would be a winner.  The only way to truly see it is for it to happen, so we can only go on the past at this point.  Nothing in his career shows any sign that he doesn't coach to win or that he isn't extremely serious about winning. I doubt that all goes away if he leaves the Pats.  

Please explain how exactly is that a "memory" problem by his supporters?  Where has this even been argued and how is it even relevant.  And, while you're at it, tell me again about the success of Gibbs' coaching tree when they left Washington?  There are several coaches that have lost multiple SB to the same team.  Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh and Jimmie Johnson are laughing at your so called record comment.

The cheating thing is really ridiculous.  Spygate involved taping teams, something EVERYONE was doing.  So much to the point that the league told EVERYONE to stop.  The Pats got caught doing it THREE WEEKS after the league's announcement (people need to stop acting like they did it for years after being warned) and were punished.  They stopped, and I'm sure it was a wake up call to many other teams. It is in no way the fault of BB or the Pats how Goodell handled it nor that the tapes were destroyed, but those who hate them because of jealousy want to always throw that on them as well.  Despite how much those who hate the Pats, BB, and Brady want it to be so, the truth is Deflategate still has not been proven.  The Wells report is beyond a joke, and even so, there isn't even an implication on BB in that mess.

Mike McCarthy is a great coach, but he single handily cost the Packers a SB appearance last year with his play calling in the NFC Championship, while BB got another ring last year.  Not the best time to compare them.  Plus, if people with their selective memory think BB can only win because of a stud QB, I'd love to hear their take on the genius of McCarthy.

According to rumor, Bill Belichick has two bowling ball bags in his office. In one bag is his bowling ball, 16 pounds. In the other is the skull of Vince Lombardi (it barely fits), which was acquired when a low level Patriot assistant with a sizable Swiss bank account bribed a cemetery assistant in New Jersey (it's this kind of outside-the-box thinking that has made the Pats great).

"Vince" gets consulted by seance before each game, but he's actually the property of Robert Kraft, so any trades would need to include the "bowling bag and its contents", unless somehow the bag could just mysteriously disappear - but that would mean convincing Belichick to participate in something unethical, which seems unlikely.

But as the Redskins, you'd trade your children to a cannibal cult for a coach who could inspire a rumor like this one. You can always adopt more children, but there's only one Belichick.

Interesting.  If you are actually serious I would take offense if I will a Mod.

As others have pointed out in this thread, and having been pointing out for decades, the time between the end of OTA's to the start of training camp is like the dead zone.  Every year stupid, crazy and outlandish threads get started and commented on.  That there is literally nothing else to talk about seems to have escaped you.  Please, feel free to rehash the draft, OTA's and last season if you want.

Also, it is the job of a Mod to moderate and ensure the rules are being followed and Chaos does not take over.  Clearly, you were not around during the early days before Extremeskins.

Please explain how exactly is that a "memory" problem by his supporters?  Where has this even been argued and how is it even relevant.  

And, while you're at it, tell me again about the success of Gibbs' coaching tree when they left Washington?  

There are several coaches that have lost multiple SB to the same team.  Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh and Jimmie Johnson are laughing at your so called record comment.

The cheating thing is really ridiculous.  Spygate involved taping teams, something EVERYONE was doing

Mike McCarthy is a great coach, but he single handily cost the Packers a SB appearance last year with his play calling in the NFC Championship, while BB got another ring last year.  Not the best time to compare them.  Plus, if people with their selective memory think BB can only win because of a stud QB, I'd love to hear their take on the genius of McCarthy.

The memory I was refering to is that people who worship him tends to see (memorize) only what they want and brush off everything that is undermining his legacy such as getting owned twice by Coughlin in SB.

I may have memory lapses myself, but I don't remember another coach getting his ass kicked twice by the same coach in the SB.

Gibbs coaching tree and BB are different because BB coaching tree is made of former assistants not players. Gibbs had mostly former players such as Dean, Tice, Whisenhunt, Grimm, Mayhew, Byner, Manusky being both. Petitbon was an assitant of Pardee before Gibbs. Joe himself, like Madden came from the Coryell (a true genius without a ring) coaching tree.

I was mentioning it because the medias worshiping Bellicheat were bringing it.

I remember how much and hard they praised Mangini, Crennel, McDaniels and all the others at the time they left the Patriots, just because they were coming from their (darling) BB tree.

Cheating isn't ridiculous, I strongly disagree, in my country we say cheating is allowed getting caught isn't. When you get caught, and in his case multiple times that makes you stupid in my book. That mean you'll stop at nothing to get a win and ultimately, well, I'd rather not say. :)

For the record he even cheated on his wife. Kraft called him a "schmuck".

Strangely BB didn't even make it to the playoff without shady Brady, this is a fact (don't mean BB is worth nothing without him either). We will see what McCarthy will do after Rodgers, until then let's stop making any speculation about it.

Who cares that he lost to the Giants twice in the SB? Yeah it sucks but that's on the players not BB. Sack Eli Manning instead of letting him go and that SB is over. Or if Asante Samuel doesn't drop an int on the sideline earlier on that drive, it's over.

The second one, again BB has the game won but Welker drops the game sealing first down.

I don't fault BB for that.

Also, BB is on Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches. Mike McCarthy will be a footnote in history, a footnote on Aaron Rodgers HOF plaque that is, and nothing more. The guy is just lousy.

Archived