Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for Belichick UPDATED: POLL ADDED

Major Harris

Should we trade for Bill Belichick?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade for Bill Belichick?

• No, he's a cheater
    • No, he has no fashion sense
    • No, he is old / I'd rather have Gruden
    • Yes, RG3 and 2 firsts is fair
    • Yes, but under different terms
    • DO WHATEVER IT TAKES

Belichick's record without Brady is 52-60

Double B has coached the Patriots for 15 seasons.

The Patriots only have one losing season in that span. They have finished at the top of the division 12 times in 15 seasons. The Parriots haven't finished worse than 2nd in the AFC east since 2000, double B's first season there. They haven't missed the playoffs since 2005 when they finished with a record of 11-5. That's right, they went 11-5 and still missed the playoffs. The Redskins haven't gone 11-5 or better since the last time the win the Super Bowl! The Patriots go 11-5 and miss the playoffs, it's no big deal to them.

Then here you come with your smarmy "Bill Belichick can't win without Brady" shtick. GTFO with that garbage. Double B ****s on haters like you daily. My man wins at football while you're here trying to win at stats.

Mark Levy.

But then again, he never won a Super Bowl.

Again. If you don't think double B is the greatest head coach in the history of football then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should learn a bit more about football.

I disagree, Walsh, Lombardi and Noll are better, no asterix attached to their rings. "Maybe you should learn a bit more about football." ;)

Belichick's record without Brady is 52-60

You really going to count his stint in Cleveland?  It's ****ing Cleveland, where coaches and dreams go to die.  Only one man made it out alive and that man was Double B.  Is there any former Browns head coach to make it out and win a Super Bowl with another team?  Much less 4 of them?  None that I can think of.  

Not to mention, he actually led the Browns to an 11-5 season in 1994.  And he did that with Vinny T and a washed up Mark Rypien.

Shanny posted a great resume and win/loss record until he came here and lead us to an outstanding 24-40 record.  Bill Belichick drafted Brady.  Brady is nothing without him and we will be nothing without Bill either.

I just wish all of us had brains half the size of one of Double B's balls (in general, not directed at anyone specifically), then we would be able to see the truth and realize that Danny needs to make this happen.  

We don't need to TRADE for Belichick... we simply need to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Here's my proposal:

• 10-year long FREE subscription to ES.com

• RedBeast's hot wife

• 2 buckets of the turpentine I.fskinsfan huffs before he posts

• a lock of Jumbo's hair from '67

• my pog collection (slammers included)

what a stupid thread.  i see the mods on this board continue to NOT do their job.

haphazard is the only useful poster on this board...I swear

I agree. And ditto.

(make sure you don't read the random thought thread in the tailgate---it's not meant for you)

We don't need to TRADE for Belichick... we simply need to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Here's my proposal:

• 10-year long FREE subscription to ES.com

• RedBeast's hot wife

• 2 buckets of the turpentine I.fskinsfan huffs before he posts

• a lock of Jumbo's hair from '67

• my pog collection (slammers included)

All things that don't exist?

I disagree, Walsh, Lombardi and Noll are better, no asterix attached to their rings. "Maybe you should learn a bit more about football." ;)

There has never been more parity in football than there is now. Those dinosaurs ruled when there was no salary cap, players used stick um, cheating was blatant and players hit to injure on every play.

Double B would go undefeated every season in yesterday's NFL.

The memory I was refering to is that people who worship him tends to see (memorize) only what they want and brush off everything that is undermining his legacy such as getting owned twice by Coughlin in SB.

Are you suggesting perhaps that a trade for Coughlin would be a better idea ?

I would be interested, tell me the parameters. Hmm, quite the twist, but I could be persuaded.

Are you suggesting perhaps that a trade for Coughlin would be a better idea ?

I would be interested, tell me the parameters. Hmm, quite the twist, but I could be persuaded.

I didn't, just saying Coughlin kicked the "genius" ass twice and I enjoyed it as much as the 85 Bears ;) . So far I can't be persuaded that he's the best of all times, he got caught red handed, the others whatever they did or not, didn't, huge difference. Ask Goodell why did he destroyed the tapes, something to hide ?. :) So until proven cheaters I'll stand by Walsh, Lombardi, Gibbs 1.0, Noll.

You really going to count his stint in Cleveland?  It's ****ing Cleveland, where coaches and dreams go to die.  Only one man made it out alive and that man was Double B.  Is there any former Browns head coach to make it out and win a Super Bowl with another team?  Much less 4 of them?  None that I can think of.  

Not to mention, he actually led the Browns to an 11-5 season in 1994.  And he did that with Vinny T and a washed up Mark Rypien.

Shanny posted a great resume and win/loss record until he came here and lead us to an outstanding 24-40 record.  Bill Belichick drafted Brady.  Brady is nothing without him and we will be nothing without Bill either.

I just wish all of us had brains half the size of one of Double B's balls (in general, not directed at anyone specifically), then we would be able to see the truth and realize that Danny needs to make this happen.  

Yes since we are talking about him coming to the Redskins and we are just as depressing as the Browns organization I am using his stats, does that not make sense to you or do you consider us to be a franchise that is so much better than the Browns.

Funny how you talk about the Browns like they are trash but don't put the Redskins in the same bucket, you need a tall glass of reality.

Double B has coached the Patriots for 15 seasons.

The Patriots only have one losing season in that span. They have finished at the top of the division 12 times in 15 seasons. The Parriots haven't finished worse than 2nd in the AFC east since 2000, double B's first season there. They haven't missed the playoffs since 2005 when they finished with a record of 11-5. That's right, they went 11-5 and still missed the playoffs. The Redskins haven't gone 11-5 or better since the last time the win the Super Bowl! The Patriots go 11-5 and miss the playoffs, it's no big deal to them.

Then here you come with your smarmy "Bill Belichick can't win without Brady" shtick. GTFO with that garbage. Double B ****s on haters like you daily. My man wins at football while you're here trying to win at stats.

What a stupid post, all I did was post his record without Brady and you got your panties in a bundle.  I've seen that team make poor personnel decisions and be able to mask it because they play in a weak division and have a hall of fame QB.  I think he was too full of himself and let the defense go to sh** which is why they only have 4 superbowls and not 6.  I'm sorry I offended you by posting some stats about "Your Man", I didn't know he was that important to you.  Its only food for thought, we are a bottom of the league franchise with QB issues so comparing apple to apple stats of when Belichick had no Qb makes more sense to me.

I look at coach Gibbs 2nd tenure here and use it as a litmus test.  Gibbs was a much better coach than Belichick IMO because he didn't ride the coattails of one QB through his entire career, he found guys out of nowhere and got the best out of them and has 3 Superbowls to show for it.  Look what happened when he came back, he was 30-34 and we almost drove him to the grave.

I didn't, just saying Coughlin kicked the "genius" ass twice and I enjoyed it as much as the 85 Bears ;) . So far I can't be persuaded that he's the best of all times, he got caught red handed, the others whatever they did or not, didn't, huge difference. Ask Goodell why did he destroyed the tapes, something to hide ?. :) So until proven cheaters I'll stand by Walsh, Lombardi, Gibbs 1.0, Noll.

So you enjoyed the Giants winning a Super Bowl.........twice.......  What in the blue hell?  That's a shameful thing to hear from a Redskins fan :(

Yes since we are talking about him coming to the Redskins and we are just as depressing as the Browns organization I am using his stats, does that not make sense to you or do you consider us to be a franchise that is so much better than the Browns.

Funny how you talk about the Browns like they are trash but don't put the Redskins in the same bucket, you need a tall glass of reality.

Easy fella, if you think our team is trash, that's your opinion.  If you don't know that Double B can bring us back to greatness and lead us to the promise land, then it's you that needs a tall glass of reality.  

Browns is possibly the only name in the NFL more racist than Redskins.

Don't let Bang see that or he will bring up that team from Buffalo again.

So you enjoyed the Giants winning a Super Bowl.........twice.......  What in the blue hell?  That's a shameful thing to hear from a Redskins fan :(

That was my first thought. SMH.

Ok, I've got a couple of posts in here but just now read the thread. A lot of truth has been revealed to me and I now see clearly. I'd like to take back my other posts and throw all of my support behind this idea. Trade whatever it takes to get my man Double B in here. He will win us many Super Bowls. Fact. Period. Check Mate.

What a stupid post, all I did was post his record without Brady and you got your panties in a bundle.  I've seen that team make poor personnel decisions and be able to mask it because they play in a weak division and have a hall of fame QB.  I think he was too full of himself and let the defense go to sh** which is why they only have 4 superbowls and not 6.  I'm sorry I offended you by posting some stats about "Your Man", I didn't know he was that important to you.  Its only food for thought, we are a bottom of the league franchise with QB issues so comparing apple to apple stats of when Belichick had no Qb makes more sense to me.

I look at coach Gibbs 2nd tenure here and use it as a litmus test.  Gibbs was a much better coach than Belichick IMO because he didn't ride the coattails of one QB through his entire career, he found guys out of nowhere and got the best out of them and has 3 Superbowls to show for it.  Look what happened when he came back, he was 30-34 and we almost drove him to the grave.

LOL, let the defense go to ****?  The luckiest catch in the world by Tyree (who had Rodney Harrison hammering down on him) to extend a drive that eventually led to the win.  The helmet catch........and it was his last one ever in the NFL.  

Also, Welker borrowing Carlos Rogers stone gloves in the next SB matchup and dropping a wide open TD pass.......please.  

Not sure what you are trying to say about the Gibbs comparison.......The salary cap was implemented in 1994, after Gibbs 1.0.  Also, in the first year of the cap he lead the freaking Browns to a 11-5 record.  Not to mention in the salary cap era he has done nothing short of creating a modern day dynasty.  

Edit:  to clarify, you are mentioning our beloved Gibbs SB success in a completely different era of football than what Double B coached in, with exception of his first three seasons at the Browns.  But then you specifically say you use Gibbs 2.0 as a measure/test.  So which is it:  Entire career?  Gibbs 1.0?  Gibbs 2.0? 

Only enjoying it because of Coughlin superiority over the cheating "genius", I would have cared less if it was for another AFC team. :)

Brady running for his life twice was quite entertaining ;) Ultimately it's just a game.

I don't get why y'all are drooling over this guy so much. People just completely write off the most tainted aspect of his NFL career like it doesn't matter. His name deserves an asterisk next to it to remind you all, lest it is forgotten: Bill Belicheck*

*never beat Steve Spurrier.

I don't get why y'all are drooling over this guy so much.

Probably because he is a football God. Imagine if you took the best characteristics of Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Jabar Gaffney, Tony Dungy, and Knute Rockne… rolled them all into one and created some sort of genetically engineered super coach. You'd get William Stephen "Bill" Belichick.

I don't get why y'all are drooling over this guy so much. People just completely write off the most tainted aspect of his NFL career like it doesn't matter. His name deserves an asterisk next to it to remind you all, lest it is forgotten: Bill Belicheck*

*never beat Steve Spurrier.

I'm assuming that Bill BeliCHICK never beat him either?  What's your point? They still went 14-2 and won another Super Bowl.  

Keep on hating though.  While you look up your fancy stats and facts that literally mean nothing, Double B and his Patriots have been and will continue to curb stomp their way to championships.

rollinscurb.gif

Probably because he is a football God. Imagine if you took the best characteristics of Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Jabar Gaffney, Tony Dungy, and Knute Rockne… rolled them all into one and created some sort of genetically engineered super coach. You'd get William Stephen "Bill" Belichick.

Lmao @ jabar gaffney

I'm assuming that Bill BeliCHICK never beat him either? What's your point? They still went 14-2 and won another Super Bowl.

Keep on hating though. While you look up your fancy stats and facts that literally mean nothing, Double B and his Patriots have been and will continue to curb stomp their way to championships.

My hatred is so blind it prevents me from caring to learn to spell his name.

You can throw hall of fame worthy winning records, 16-0 seasons, superbowl rings and appearances and other meaningless stats like that in my face all you want. Nobody worth a damn in the NFL, nobody, went 0-1 against Spurrier.

Probably because he is a football God. Imagine if you took the best characteristics of Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Jabar Gaffney, Tony Dungy, and Knute Rockne… rolled them all into one and created some sort of genetically engineered super coach. You'd get William Stephen "Bill" Belichick.

This man knows.

The thing with Double B is...

He is "that guy".

I don't care about that part, I want the wins, the championships, the glory.  

Make it happen. I can make a real comprehensive point to show you why to equal what several have already pointed out...but why ? It has already been pointed out.

My hatred is so blind it prevents me from caring to learn to spell his name.

You can throw hall of fame worthy winning records, 16-0 seasons, superbowl rings and appearances and other meaningless stats like that in my face all you want. Nobody worth a damn in the NFL, nobody, went 0-1 against Spurrier.

You need to check your facts man.  Other notable coaches that didn't beat Spurrier:

1.  Tony Dungy (0-1)

2.  Mike Holmgren (0-2)

3.  Jeff Fisher (0-1)

4.  Mike Martz (0-1)

Dungy developed a SB winning team in Tampa Bay and got fired and they let Chucky come in and take all the glory.  Won a SB in Indy tough.  Holmgren, super bowl winning coach.  

Fisher, made it to the SB and lost by one defensive stop at the goal line against the Rams.  Martz made it to the SB and got beat by who?  Double B!

I hated and still hate Spurrier, he was a horrible coach here.  But we had Marvin Lewis as our D-coordinator and a top defense.  The problem with Spurrier was he thought he could pass all day and never run the ball back when that **** didn't work.  

Anyhow, you are delusional if you think Double B isn't the ****ing man.

LOL, let the defense go to ****?  The luckiest catch in the world by Tyree (who had Rodney Harrison hammering down on him) to extend a drive that eventually led to the win.  The helmet catch........and it was his last one ever in the NFL.  

Also, Welker borrowing Carlos Rogers stone gloves in the next SB matchup and dropping a wide open TD pass.......please.  

Not sure what you are trying to say about the Gibbs comparison.......The salary cap was implemented in 1994, after Gibbs 1.0.  Also, in the first year of the cap he lead the freaking Browns to a 11-5 record.  Not to mention in the salary cap era he has done nothing short of creating a modern day dynasty.  

Edit:  to clarify, you are mentioning our beloved Gibbs SB success in a completely different era of football than what Double B coached in, with exception of his first three seasons at the Browns.  But then you specifically say you use Gibbs 2.0 as a measure/test.  So which is it:  Entire career?  Gibbs 1.0?  Gibbs 2.0? 

My point is he's overrated, Belichick had a crappy first year with the Pats and started 0-2 in his second season because Bledsoe sucked and they couldn't move the ball on offense, it was doom and gloom until Bledsoe was KO'd and Brady came in to save Belichick's career, the rest is history.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach but he's overrated at talent evaluation and he was lucky his 6th round draft choice turned out to be a Hall of Famer.

My point with Gibbs is that he is a great motivator and great coach and even he could only muster up 1 double digit win season with this team in his second go around, I think it was Gibbs best coaching job of his career because even though the team lacked talent he was still able to get us to the playoffs with a fledgling Mark Brunell and a backup journeyman in Collins.  Belichek made his name with one QB and he didn't even know how good he was, he would suffer the same fate Marty, Shanny, and Gibbs 2.0 faced if he has no franchise QB.

Archived