Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade for Belichick UPDATED: POLL ADDED

Major Harris

Should we trade for Bill Belichick?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade for Bill Belichick?

• No, he's a cheater
    • No, he has no fashion sense
    • No, he is old / I'd rather have Gruden
    • Yes, RG3 and 2 firsts is fair
    • Yes, but under different terms
    • DO WHATEVER IT TAKES

I don't deny that Belichick is a good coach. But he's nothing without Brady. Other good coaches have gone to teams without that QB in place, e.g. Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, etc... and done fine. But not championship fine. Plus he's old. So he'll probably retire soon anyway. No point in trading precious draft picks for a guy who will still have no QB (probably) and a small window to fix things.

I don't deny that Belichick is a good coach. But he's nothing without Brady. Other good coaches have gone to teams without that QB in place, e.g. Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, etc... and done fine. But not championship fine. Plus he's old. So he'll probably retire soon anyway. No point in trading precious draft picks for a guy who will still have no QB (probably) and a small window to fix things.

Brady was a 6th round pick and only got a chance because Bledsoe got injured. Then when Brady went down, 7th round pick Cassel wins 11 games.

Nothing without Brady.....pfffft. Unbelievable.

Brady was a 6th round pick and only got a chance because Bledsoe got injured. Then when Brady went down, 7th round pick Cassel wins 11 games.

Nothing without Brady.....pfffft. Unbelievable.

This! Our three QBS all are better then Cassel. Easily we win the NFC east with BB.

Man you guys are getting desperate for Redskins football. :D  This stupid thread is almost 3 pages long. I guess everything else has been talked to death.

Belichick has been successful because he has had Brady. A stud QB covers up lots of warts. And I am not taking anything away from Belichick. He is a very good coach. He has also had good football people in the front office. The Redskins have not. Put Vinnie and Bill together and you still have a crappy Redskins football team, even with Belichick's input.

Are we talking about that stumpy grumpy old queen with the bad hair who hangs out with the good-looking kid married to the supermodel or the yappy clueless egotistical tall guy with the bad hair and a similar name who used to coach, no one cared, and is now a commentator, and no one cares about that, either??  

...i'm sorry...are we still live?...is this on?..****...

Are we talking about that stumpy grumpy old queen with the bad hair who hangs out with the good-looking kid married to the supermodel or the yappy clueless egotistical tall guy with the bad hair and a similar name who used to coach, no one cared, and is now a commentator, and no one cares about that, either??  

...i'm sorry...are we still live?...is this on?..****...

I'm fine with getting both.  Could you imagine getting two "B dubs", "double Bs", B squareds"?!?!?!?!  Belichick as head coach and Brian Billick as offensive coordinator.  

Look at what Billick did in MN as offensive coordinator.  Only implemented one of the top offenses in football.  They went 15-1 in 1998 with the top offense and it sure as hell wasn't because of Dennis Green.

Those two teaming up, merging plays and creating plays would be like explosion of pure awesomeness that would cause an impact equal to the tectonic plates shifting.

Danny, bring me both B dubs no matter what the cost!!!!

I can't believe that people are saying draft picks are so valuable.

At least 50% of 1st round players don't meet expectations.

Jason Campbell , Drew Bledsoe, Tony Mandarich, JaMarcus Russell, LaVar Arrington, Tim Tebow, etc.

Especially QB's though.

Get that coach, make it happen. I heard local radio talking about the chances of it happening today...and some other guys in Philly and Dallas radio.

Word is that Brady and Double B want out.

A lot of Brady and Manning can basically be called statues. Making the playoffs multiple times like he did is hardly failing.

Manning is in continual movement, Brady is very evasive...it's underrated.

Bledsoe...Absolutely not. He was a statue.

Shanny had two SB wins......Double B has 4 and Gibbs has 3.  You take Double B, all day, every day.  Why is it so hard for people to see that.  

Jesus H. Christ.  I'd have an easier time convincing an atheist to believe in God than to convince you haters that Bill Belichick would take this franchise to a level never seen in the history of sports.  

Shanny actually had THREE Super Bowl wins with Denver. Two as head coach, and one as offensive coordinator. And just like Belicheat, he had nothing left ot prove and a LOT of money in the bank. With all of the hand wringing around here the last dozen years about Snyder giving everyone one last big paycheck before retirement, I can't believe that this is even a discussion!

Shanny actually had THREE Super Bowl wins with Denver. Two as head coach, and one as offensive coordinator. And just like Belicheat, he had nothing left ot prove and a LOT of money in the bank. With all of the hand wringing around here the last dozen years about Snyder giving everyone one last big paycheck before retirement, I can't believe that this is even a discussion!

Considering Denver only has two Lombardis, your post can't be right.  However, Shanny was OC in San Fran when they won the SB in 1995, so maybe that’s what you are referring to.  That being said, if we are counting coordinator SB wins, BB has six, with nine SB appearances.  

You say you can’t believe this is even a discussion; I can't believe how many people are so blinded by hate that they try to rewrite history.  This thread is full of people saying that BB never did anything without Brady, etc., etc.  BS!!!  HOFer Parcels never did anything with Belichick. Every SB he was in he had BB paving the way for him with his defenses.  No BB, no playoff wins at all for Tuna.  BB goes to the cesspool known as Cleveland and turns them around in three years. He has them playing the best ball they had played in over a decade, then Modell announces he's moving the team to Baltimore at the end of the season and everything implodes.  Funny how so many people conveniently forget that when on their hate ramblings.

Truth be told, he is one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. He would not come here or anywhere for a paycheck and just ride it out.  It’s not in his DNA.  If he continues to coach when his time with the Pats is up, he will continue to win. Anyone who knows anything about football and ever paid a fraction of attention to the man should know that.

If he continues to coach when his time with the Pats is up, he will continue to win.

This remain to be seen, and I wouldn't bet on it. :rolleyes::)

Some of his supporters also have selected memory about him. Last time I checked the coaching tree of the "genius" his under .50. It seems that he has a problem passing on the knowledge.

He also owns a record that IMO will stand for years to come: the first and only coach to get owned twice by the same coach in the SB.

I like guys who win fair and square and don't have to rely on cheating or dirty tricks to get it done.

Cheating is really something I despise, that's why, eventhough he's a good coach I wouldn't sign him

Coach Gibbs is superior to him, he did it with 3 different QBs none of them being elite, and yet doesn't receive half the praise BB is gettting. Take out Brady and see what happens, like during 2008, despite I confess a good record, they missed the playoffs.

I'd rather have Mike McCarthy onboard.

Archived