Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defensive Line Calls Itself "Capital Punishment"

SonnyandSam

So Friday, Terrence "Pot Roast" Knighton announces that the defensive line has given itself a new nickname...."Capital Punishment". A more accurate nickname might end up being "Slap on the Wrist" like our past defensive lines. On paper, they look pretty good, but how often have we fans been disappointed with our paper tiger?

Now it is a pretty cool nickname but I think they should wait a few games and show their stuff before naming themselves. A little premature IMO.

What do you die hard fans think of the new nickname?

Whatever gets them up for the game.

That said... they sound just as bad as some fans on here... can't wait to give/get a nickname.

Nicknames are supposed to happen, not be predetermined.  Sheesh.

That's stupid. If I ever see Pot Roast out on the street I'm going to punch him right in the face.

Not a good idea. The last thing we need is our beefy DT on trial for murder, after he crushes you and picks his teeth with your bones. :D

If it gets them all to buy in more as a team and unit, and even more hyped for gameday, then good. While it's usually best to hold off on the nicknames, this is at least a good sign of comradery and does add extra incentive to the DL unit to be bad ass.

Not a good idea. The last thing we need is our beefy DT on trial for murder, after he crushes you and picks his teeth with your bones. :D

He might get a few shots in early but I'm banking on him wilting in the later rounds. Not only does the conditioning of a man that size need to be called into question, but giving yourself a nickname is a sign of low character. Means he's more likely to crumble under the pressure and give up when the going gets tough.

Nicknames were pretty cool and iconic back in the 70s and 80s. You had the same group sticking together for up to a decade which allowed those teams/units (Steel Curtain, Hogs, Posse, Purple People Eaters, etc.) to form an identity. Now, even if our DL were to live up to this nickname, by the time it caught on we will have lost half the members to FA or something. 

He might get a few shots in early but I'm banking on him wilting in the later rounds. Not only does the conditioning of a man that size need to be called into question, but giving yourself a nickname is a sign of low character. Means he's more likely to crumble under the pressure and give up when the going gets tough.

I think it is the few shots early which would do the damage.  I will wish you good luck though (if this chance meeting ever happens) and do hope you have good insurance (both life and medical).

Now, on the other hand, if it turns out the other way around, I will lead the petition for you to be signed.

If you have nick name based on your actual name, sure that's cool.

But giving your unit a name is just...ehh

I dunno...Area 51 would have been a cool nickname for our safeties, had ST not been taken from us, and LL not sucked quite so bad.

Archived