Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Time To Move On" thread

Reed... Done.

Injured at OTAs and nothing written about prior. Is this not a surprise to organization? Did anyone know about offseason knee soreness?

I'm telling you all now... He'll never be there when team needs him. Cut the loses now.

I'm officially off and just counting the days until the regular season injury occurs.

SOFT

No way I'd give up on Reed already. If he stays healthy for the entire season this year he'll definitely pay dividends. Can't say the same for Thompson and Thomas, though...they could stay healthy all season and still not contribute much, if anything. So your stance on them is understandable.

That's a big "if".  he is already hurt and he hasn't even stepped on the field.  I am not saying I want to give up on him either but at what point do you cut your losses and give someone else a shot?  Is Niles Paul a viable alternative?

Roberts

Lavauo

Chris Thompson

Phillip Thomas

Tracy Porter

Getting close to calling it quits on Amerson, but he's got too much potential at a very important position, and now we have competent guys in front of him.

That's a big "if". he is already hurt and he hasn't even stepped on the field. I am not saying I want to give up on him either but at what point do you cut your losses and give someone else a shot? Is Niles Paul a viable alternative?

You can give someone else a shot and still keep Reed...it's not like he's taking up much cap space, so if he's 2nd string it's not a problem.

roberts. 

He was so unreliable and dropped a lot of passes; the 3rd down catch over the middle in ARI in the 4th (maybe 3rd?) comes to mind as a major blunder and he had a few. I thought I would like his YAC ability and whatnot but he's a very natural catching WR. Like someone said, complete waste. Esp considering its not that hard to find guys of his caliber in the draft's later rounds EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I think GMMc will dump him. He has better prospects already underlined lol. 

Lauvao gets another year just because our new talent is still young and the Ol is the most unified group to play and the rest of our line was garbage. He Trent had somewhat of a down year to me.

Everybody else can go prove it. 

I will say that I'm not very optimistic about Morgan Moses ever being much.

Lol Chipwich - You're about to make Cali's "did u read the OP?" list :)

And you know what? I think Hall is here for 2+ years more.

It would take a lot for me to be ready to move on from a recent draft pick, so I'm leaving them out.

As for the FAs, Roberts, Porter and Lauvao are the ones I want gone... but not till next year. Don't get me wrong, if they get beaten out and don't make the squad, I'll be dancing for joy, but I envision they serve as placeholders as the young guys develop (Long, Kouandjio Crowder, Spencer, Grant, Mitchell).

This reminds me of the time NPR pranked its readers by posting a "Why doesn't America read anymore?" article with words that clearly state that if you were actually reading it, you were to like the post but NOT COMMENT ON IT.

Anyone surprised that it got a ton of comments by people who acted like they were smarter than that?

http://gawker.com/npr-pulled-a-brilliant-april-fools-prank-on-people-who-1557745710

Conner Halliday .... ?

I think moving on from Roberts would be a little premature but that said I think he is at risk , also I think I am more than ready to move on from Tracy porter I really have no opinion on his play because I have not seen him on the field ...

I would also like to move on from Reed.  I don't mind holding onto him either but part of me sometimes wants to cut ties with someone completely so we can just move on (which is probably not the right way to do it).  He looked so athletic and so explosive on the field.  Played alot taller than his 6'2" listed height as well.  Just an injury prone guy which was his knock in the draft as well.  Shame.  I had high hopes for Reed and from listening to 980's report on him "from several in the organization" he sounds as good as done.

Porter. How'd I forget him? Oh yeah, I know. What's he played? 4 snaps for us?

Reed got injured making waffles the first day of OTAs. He can go.

I'm so happy to watch all those guys "full of potential" on the back end of our roster walk away.

Ehh, I am usually a rush to judgement kinda guy but in a lot of ways the rules have changed, the parameters shifted on the team enough that it might be hard to decide who does or doesn't "fit" here now. TC at the very least, preseason probably before even trying to figure out who to ax.

I definitely DO think it's time to "move on" from Vinnie comments, Shanny arguments and meddling Dan diatribes, all of that **** has gotten tiresome.

Weirdly I haven't seen enough of the Skins players added to the team during the last two years -- to be able to definitively say, "Dump this guy, NOW!".

Now, Lauvao is the poster boy for this kind of thinking among the fan base. Granted, he IS suspect but seemed to get better -- and he may perform better with the new O-line coach in place.

Same situation for Amerson (although I really hated how he started to mail it in at the end of the season.)

Porter and Ihenacho have to show something soon -- like being injury-free and performing well. I don't hold out much hope for Porter -- seems very injury prone, and now is very rusty and trying to come back.

P. Thomas might respond better under new coaching -- but ....

J. Reed -- poor blocker, but great receiving TE when healthy. And never healthy. Maybe that fragility was just poor luck? If not....he sticks one more year, until a replacement is found.

Roberts -- Disappointing, but sometimes it takes time to adjust to a trio of different QBs and a new system. Still think if the team wasn't so deep at WR, people wouldn't be wanting to dump him yet.

Chris Thompson -- needs to show he can stay injury free , but I think he may be gone soon, just due to the new style of running Gruden seems to want.

Bottom Line: Even my disappointment with several of the above-mentioned players, hasn't convinced me to pink-slip them right away. This preseason is their last chance to show something.

Its not just Jordan Reed's injuries, its also his inability to block. But he's on a rookie contract and our TE position as a whole is terrible so cut him for...who exactly?

David Amerson I think I'll ride out his rookie contract, see if he can't learn. Phillip Thomas? We are deep at his position. Like our entire safety corps iis a bunch of guys who does what he does, but maybe a bit better.

Chris Thompson was drafted hurt, we knew he might not be able to do much his rookie year. So 2014 was basically his rookie season. I'm fine giving him another shot. Silas Redd I love how he runs except for his propensity to fumble. Seems to happen a lot on the few times he touches the ball.

I mean, I get the concept behind our 2013 draft, I get the logic behind it. I just think it was poor logic. That boom/bust draft with potential, injuries, and the like...so far has failed spectacularly.

Lauvao and Roberts are really expensive for their production. We overpaid badly for both. Maybe they turn things around in year 2, but I'm doubtful.

You didn't read it, either lol...

None, its too early to move on from players here for just one year.

But maybe consider rewording the OP so when you say here is THE question, it actually is THE question you want answered. 

Like this: Here's THE question: which player(s) who joined the team after the 2013 season are you ready for the Redskins to move on from?

And perhaps update the thread title too. Why not. I wish the discussion could actually include all players as your thread title suggests. 

Theres really only one, Amerson.  I would add Lauvao to that but it seemed like he was at least a little better near the end of the year, and if we cant even find a G to replace Chester, how are we going to find a second one?

So mostly just Amerson.  Im not one to give up on a player really early but man if he didnt look last year like he had no clue and no natural instincts for coverage.  That always really scares me in a receiver or DB, when you look lost when the balls in the air.  Athleticism can only cover so many sins, someone either has football instincts or they dont.

Archived