Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Time To Move On" thread

None, its too early to move on from players here for just one year.

But maybe consider rewording the OP so when you say here is THE question, it actually is THE question you want answered. 

Like this: Here's THE question: which player(s) who joined the team after the 2013 season are you ready for the Redskins to move on from?

And perhaps update the thread title too. Why not. I wish the discussion could actually include all players as your thread title suggests. 

Yes, because asking people to read the 2nd sentence in an OP is just asking waaaaay too much lol...

I'd say LeReibus better start showing something soon too

*Smacking forehead*

I'm not quite ready to move on from him but I hope Jason Hatcher has more of an impact this year after the big contract he received. 

I was hesitant, I wanted to say his name until I read his quote today about being excited he was playing back in a one-gap system.  That and the fact that he is only getting paid $3 million this year.  But I kinda agree with you, I was really pumped for Hatcher and I thought the impact should have been greater.

Yes, because asking people to read the 2nd sentence in an OP is just asking waaaaay too much lol...

*Smacking forehead*

Lol this was supposed to be posted in Haszard county in regards to Chester being cut, but yeah I dun goofed.  Double forehead smack

Wouldn't it be a bite in the ass if all Reed needed was proper strength training and conditioning? Or Amerson needed some coaching that wasn't muffled by the DC having his head up his ass? I remember screaming at the TV during the Dallas game, Dez kept juking DA again and again and the coaches just left him out to dry, instead of more safety help over the top or switching BB to the other side, etc. I can kinda sympathize with the kid getting discouraged. So we're going to just throw him away now, without even seeing what the real problem was? Shortsighted at the very least.

Let Callahan beat LeRib's brains out in TC then decide, Fewell can make Amerson his pet project and then decide, etc, etc and so on. You cut all the young'uns that suffered last year and voila! You're back to 0 depth.

Wouldn't it be a bite in the ass if all Reed needed was proper strength training and conditioning? Or Amerson needed some coaching that wasn't muffled by the DC having his head up his ass? I remember screaming at the TV during the Dallas game, Dez kept juking DA again and again and the coaches just left him out to dry, instead of more safety help over the top or switching BB to the other side, etc. I can kinda sympathize with the kid getting discouraged. So we're going to just throw him away now, without even seeing what the real problem was? Shortsighted at the very least.

Let Callahan beat LeRib's brains out in TC then decide, Fewell can make Amerson his pet project and then decide, etc, etc and so on. You cut all the young'uns that suffered last year and voila! You're back to 0 depth.

It would be a big bite; but its a little more than conditioning that makes a good TE.  Genetics plays a part in his injury-prone career thus far, and even throwing on pounds of muscle won't eliminate the injuries, just slow him down a little. It sucks because he's stuck in between a WR and TE body, and is prob a case of damned if he does damned if he doesn't; thats why he's not a good blocker; he's just not built for it.

Amerson is a different case. I'd bet most of his issues comes from poor coaching [ you know who ], and Ray Charles saw his struggles before the former DC did. I'm not holding anyone accountable on defense until after this season; i'm looking forward to seeing the defense improve and progress now that loser is gone.

Theres really only one, Amerson.  I would add Lauvao to that but it seemed like he was at least a little better near the end of the year, and if we cant even find a G to replace Chester, how are we going to find a second one?

So mostly just Amerson.  Im not one to give up on a player really early but man if he didnt look last year like he had no clue and no natural instincts for coverage.  That always really scares me in a receiver or DB, when you look lost when the balls in the air.  Athleticism can only cover so many sins, someone either has football instincts or they dont.

Simple solution: Move Scherff to guard. Go get a good RT.

Did you read the OP? lol :angry:

You didn't read it, either lol...

*Smacking forehead*

Yeah, it seems like nobody reads OPs these days. 'Tis sad.

Anyway, I think it's time for the team to move on from Ricky Ervins. Feels like the dude hasn't done anything in decades.

Yeah, it seems like nobody reads OPs these days. 'Tis sad.

Anyway, I think it's time for the team to move on from Ricky Ervins. Feels like the dude hasn't done anything in decades.

Remember when Reagan said "Where's Ricky Ervins?" Great times...

Where's Ricky Sanders 

Welcome to the Twitterverse. It's where we live now. One cannot expect everyone to read everything we write.  #NoNovels 

We communicate by typing one letter at a time. Its as prehistoric as can be. It really is. What can we expect after a clearly stated question early in the OP - ok I know what the discussion is about so we stop reading further to get busy typing up replies. O n e l e t t e r a t a t i m e 

Simple solution: Move Scherff to guard. Go get a good RT.

I would be fine with that but the Redskins have been weak at RT since Jon Jansen played here so it isn't that easy., especially this time of the year. Anthony Collins is still out there but I'm starting to feel that Gruden doesn't want him because he didn't pursue him last off season when he was a FA and I have not heard his name mentioned tied to the Redskins since Tampa Bay cut him, even his old team the Bengals drafted OT's in the first two rounds of the draft instead o bringing Collins back. Joe Barksdale was out of work for a long time but San Diego signed him for very cheap. Always inured Jake Long has always been a LT but he probably won't sign anywhere until there is an injury. All those years of people like Polumbus, Compton, Jamaal Brown, Heyer etc....... has me looking forward to Scherff. 

I think Scherff sticks at RT for now (this year), but I won't be shocked if they draft another RT early next year so Scherff can move inside. Course things could change depending on Moses, Long, Arie and Ribs (maybe even Compton?).

Cali, it's your thread boss, but why the limitation to just the past two years? Social experiment? Confirming the WaPo's illiteracy angle? ;)

I was hesitant, I wanted to say his name until I read his quote today about being excited he was playing back in a one-gap system.  That and the fact that he is only getting paid $3 million this year.  But I kinda agree with you, I was really pumped for Hatcher and I thought the impact should have been greater.

I mean, I know he was injured and that was part of it...but I know a couple Cowboys fans that were just tickled we gave him the contract we did to play in a 2-gap system again, when he had earned the contract finally being in a 1-gap. Such a Redskins thing to do. I think if he's healthy he has a huge impact this year. Early on when healthy last year he was crushing the pocket.

I forgot about Porter.

Id like to put a 't' in his front yard and set it on fire to let him know that it's "time to leave"

Then if that doesn't work, I'll put a capital T in his yard next time to show I really mean business.

Is this a joke I'm unaware of? Because it sounds like you want to burn a cross on a black mans lawn.

Its not just Jordan Reed's injuries, its also his inability to block. But he's on a rookie contract and our TE position as a whole is terrible so cut him for...who exactly?

The blocking doesn't bother me too much.  Yeah, I wish he were a better blocker, but he's a really good pass catching TE, so I'll take that.  Jimmy Graham doesn't block either, to the point the Saints didn't even ask him to.  But if you're a matchup nightmare and catching 7 for 100 yards, I can look the other way.  It bothers me more that a less talented receiver in Niles Paul isn't a better blocker cuz he has suspect hands too.  But at least Paul's willing, Reed isn't even that.

I think Scherff sticks at RT for now (this year), but I won't be shocked if they draft another RT early next year so Scherff can move inside. Course things could change depending on Moses, Long, Arie and Ribs (maybe even Compton?).

I would hate to think we drafted a stopgap at RT.  I would think that if after this year, they move Scherff inside, then he didn't distinguish himself outside.  Because if he's a stud out there at RT, why would you mess with it.

I would also like to move on from Reed.  I don't mind holding onto him either but part of me sometimes wants to cut ties with someone completely so we can just move on (which is probably not the right way to do it).  He looked so athletic and so explosive on the field.  Played alot taller than his 6'2" listed height as well.  Just an injury prone guy which was his knock in the draft as well.  Shame.  I had high hopes for Reed and from listening to 980's report on him "from several in the organization" he sounds as good as done.

I'd like to give Reed one more year.

With our new strength and conditioning coach, maybe he can toughen Reed up.

However, it doesn't bode well that he is already missing some time (albeit voluntary) because of knee issues.

The thing is, I don't know if Reed is one of these guys that is just tragically unlucky when it comes to avoiding injuries, or if he is just one of these soft types that let the littlest bump and bruises keep him out.

Hopefully, he can have a full (and great)season this year. If not, well, the Redskins might just have to move on from Reed in 2016.

I'm skeptical. He can talk about the system all he wants, but that could just be excuse making. I think we might've gotten burned by a one year wonder in a contract year.  But him coming into camp last year injured didn't give me a good feeling about the season to come.  Him being healthy might be as big a factor as anything else.

Archived