Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Hmmm, I can’t imagine why they might not understand. Maybe they should ask their one black friend about it.

CoverImage_775x425_Junkies.jpg?width=775

Bickel has completely gone off the rails the past few months. His Twitter has been a cluster**** with posting conspiracy theories, misinformation, and a back and forth with one guy where he stated Tucker Carlson is one of the smartest guys out there and a leader of independent thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I am catching up to The Junkies right now from when they started airing this morning and they are talking about all the protests and stuff going on.

And damn, some of these guys are COMPLETELY ignorant to this whole thing.  Lurch is in complete denial that there is a problem and EB is silent which is the first time in over a decade I've ever heard this dude keep his mouth shut on the show.  JP is the only one who seems to get it.

They were pretty big Trump supporters for a while and even when it became obvious he was what he said he was, they decided not to back down and say that "No one will every agree anyway" and banned politics from the show. Of course until they decided to let it back in when they wanted to share an ignorant ass opinion. 

I messed around and listed to a few minute of it until a brotha called in and said he wanted to teach them some history. I had to turn it off then cause I could tell they didnt want to let him and if they cut him off or continued with some stupid **** I was never gonna be able to listen to them again. 

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Bickel ......  he stated Tucker Carlson is one of the smartest guys out there and a leader of independent thought.

Please dont tell me that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They were pretty big Trump supporters for a while and even when it became obvious he was what he said he was, they decided not to back down and say that "No one will every agree anyway" and banned politics from the show. Of course until they decided to let it back in when they wanted to share an ignorant ass opinion. 

I messed around and listed to a few minute of it until a brotha called in and said he wanted to teach them some history. I had to turn it off then cause I could tell they didnt want to let him and if they cut him off or continued with some stupid **** I was never gonna be able to listen to them again. 

Please dont tell me that. 

It hurts my heart to see what the majority of the Junkies have morphed into and that's coming from someone who's damn username came from their show :(

It's hard for me to listen to them for long periods of time these days. 

29 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It hurts my heart to see what the majority of the Junkies have morphed into and that's coming from someone who's damn username came from their show :(

Sad to say but I think they've "changed" as their bank accounts have grown.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I was never gonna be able to listen to them again. 

Honestly you’ll be better off

its hard to understand appreciate the level of trash that show is until you step away for a long time then check back in 

It’s like across the board too. Whether it’s politicals, guy talk, or sports they’ve become trash. 

I used to listen to their entire show at night while going to bed in middle/high school. They aren’t the same they used to be and haven’t been for a while. 

:( 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I am catching up to The Junkies right now from when they started airing this morning and they are talking about all the protests and stuff going on.

And damn, some of these guys are COMPLETELY ignorant to this whole thing.  Lurch is in complete denial that there is a problem and EB is silent which is the first time in over a decade I've ever heard this dude keep his mouth shut on the show.  JP is the only one who seems to get it.

I don't listen to them that often but did catch a little of them this morning and you're right, Lurch really is ignorant to the whole thing.  The others seemed to be open, but Lurch is awful.  "How can this be a systematic issue if the Minneapolis Police Chief is black?"  They were even trying to explain "driving while black" to him and he didn't get it.  I turned them off.

Edited by drowland
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Minneapolis officer who knelt on George Floyd’s neck was involved in 2006 fatal police shooting

A white Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd’s neck opened fire on two people during his 19-year career and had nearly 20 complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him.

Minneapolis City Council records show that Chauvin moonlighted as a bouncer at a downtown Latin nightclub. He was among a group of six officers who opened fire on a stabbing suspect in 2006 after a chase that ended when the suspect pointed a sawed-off shotgun at them. The suspect, Wayne Reyes, was hit multiple times and died. A grand jury decided the use of force was justified.

Two years later, Chauvin shot Ira Latrell Toles as he was responding to a domestic dispute.

According to a Pioneer Press account of the incident, a 911 operator received a call from an apartment and heard a woman yelling for someone to stop hitting her. Chauvin and another officer arrived just as Toles locked himself in the bathroom. Chauvin forced his way into the bathroom. Toles went for Chauvin’s gun and Chauvin shot him twice in the stomach. Toles survived and was charged with two counts of felony obstruction.

Toles told the Daily Beast that the mother of his child called police that night and he fled into the bathroom after officers broke down the apartment door. Chauvin then broke down the bathroom door and started to hit him without warning. He said he fought back in self-defense and was too disoriented to go for Chauvin’s gun.

Toles said he ultimately pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and still feels pain from the shooting.

“He tried to kill me in that bathroom,” Toles said.

Online city records also show that 17 complaints have been filed against Chauvin. Sixteen complaints were closed with no discipline. The remaining complaint generated two letters of reprimand, with one apparently related to the use of a squad car dashboard camera. The records don’t include any details on the substance of the complaints.

Click on the link for the full article

11 minutes ago, drowland said:

I don't listen to them that often but did catch a little of them this morning and you're right, Lurch really is ignorant to the whole thing.  The others seemed to be open, but Lurch is awful.  "How can this be a systematic issue if the Minneapolis Police Chief is black?"  They were even trying to explain "driving while black" to him and he didn't get it.  I turned them off.

"How can racism still exist when Obama is President?"

• Like 5

8 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Dude, you’re spot on that it has to do as much with class as it does race. Someone posted two Tweets from a basketball player a while back that highlights the difference in outlook of some well to do POC. One Tweet praised the rioting and in a subsequent one he called them animals when they hit his neighborhood. The 5% Nation talks about this a lot. As the old saying goes, everyone that’s skinfolk ain’t kinfolk.

You’ve made some great posts. Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions. Unfortunately, in true Strangelovian fashion, I cannot ignore the instinctive reflex of all black folks to say you don’t know what you’re talking about simply because you’re not black. However, If I’m wrong and you are black, then you actually did know what you were talking about after all and you can disregard that.😉

Appreciated. I am not black. Just another white american that went to school to get what seemed to be a well paying job, went into debt to get that education, and then had to go into further debt being exploited by wealthy firms working for free -  eventually working in another country because the 1% destroyed the system out of greed and made it almost impossible to afford to live and work in my previous field in any major american city without sacrificing a comfortable way of life. Along the way I witnessed true poverty and oppression, and the warning signs are all searing hot right now. Out of the frying pan and into the fryer.

As a country we have put up with it all peacefully because there were distractions to keep the hounds at bay. Jobs/Money/Family/Sports/Bars. All that is gone now because some greedy 1% faction decided it would be better for their markets to proclaim the coming pandemic a hoax and cash out rather than taking full measures to protect our quality of life. They locked down the entire city of Wuhan, which by the way is 5X the size of London, welded peoples doors shut, and euthanized people in the streets in broad daylight. This information was out there for everyone to see on the internet, and the government surely has better intel than what youtube can provide us. They are only looking out for themselves. Like the police. This outrage may have started as a race thing, but it is a class issue based out of power that was a long time coming. Money is power. Well-Armed bluecoats with full authority to use excessive force with no repercussions is power. Being silent and hoping for wealthy sociopaths and unchecked law enforcement to just voluntarily give up their power will never work, and has never worked throughout the course of time.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, drowland said:

Yeah and he kept pushing the whole "bad apple" thing multiple times.  JP called him out on it pretty much each and every time too.

I know JP gets a lot of flack from people and is by far the most disliked Junkie, but he's one of my favorite if not my favorite.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

PM the mods, my guy. Let's get this sn exorcism road on the show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I guess you guys never heard of something called voter suppression? But nah, that’s not happening. Just another “Democrat” hoax, huh? If you look at voter turnout data over the past couple of decades, our voting rates are very close to those of whites and even exceeded them during the Obama elections. Were it not for the (non-existent “Democrat hoax”) voter suppression, it might be even better.

How about instead of building a strawman, you quote one prominent Democrat who said that voter suppression is not a problem?

Even so, it hasn’t helped. A lot of that IMO has to do with the Dems taking us for granted but it also has to do with them needing to appease a center that patently believes that racism is a thing of the past, that going too far will make the Dems appear to be a party that appeals only to POC, and a misguided desire to follow the Slick Willie third way doctrine in order to appease center-right voters. 

When groups like the NRA and the tea party in their early days were able to wield enormous power compared to their actual size, the defeatist attitude of "voting will never change anything" is a self fulfilling prophecy and is contrary to history of progress in this country.  Especially considering that the Dem position is not one of "We've made enough progress, now all you blacks go sit down and shut up".

Now before any of you respond with the “get off the ‘Democrat’ plantation” foolishness, can you point out a Republiklan politician that has run on a platform with any policies to ameliorate or counter racism? No.

Ever heard of primaries?  You think all those GOP politicians toe the NRA line because they are afraid of GOP base fleeing to vote blue?

They’re content to continue appealing to an ever shrinking white base with dog whistles while suppressing black votes. The Republiklan Party has asked for what’s happening now by virtue of their long-standing tough on crime policies that selectively exempt a certain segment of society and by suppressing black and POC votes. They got their way for quite some time, but they have also built up a powder keg. As Malcolm said, it’s the ballot or the bullet. Either our political power translates to legislative, executive and judicial power to protect our interests or rioting and other forms of resistance will continue to reoccur.

Feel free to choose the ballot or the bullet.  Just know that the establishment has tanks and missiles.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

How about instead of building a strawman, you quote one prominent Democrat who said that voter suppression is not a problem?

When groups like the NRA and the tea party in their early days were able to wield enormous power compared to their actual size, the defeatist attitude of "voting will never change anything" is a self fulfilling prophecy and is contrary to history of progress in this country.  Especially considering that the Dem position is not one of "We've made enough progress, now all you blacks go sit down and shut up".

Ever heard of primaries?  You think all those GOP politicians toe the NRA line because they are afraid of GOP base fleeing to vote blue?

Feel free to choose the ballot or the bullet.  Just know that the establishment has tanks and missiles.

The “Democrat hoax” thing was about Republiklan denials of voter suppression. I assumed the reader would get it but that wasn’t exactly clear, so that’s on me.

I think the repeated ignoring of issues like this by Dems has implicitly said exactly what you say they haven’t been saying. Yes, we are capable of reading between the lines. And nobody thinks Dems are going to win over the GOP base. I said the center-right is who they’ve been bending over backwards for while they tell us to shut up and be happy or a Republiklan might win. Sorry, but that’s not enough anymore. 

As for the tanks and missiles, I’m not under any delusions about winning a conflict like that. But then ask Bashar al-Asad how well his victory against  the Syrian uprising has worked out for him. The govt. can shoot and blow us all up a thousand times over but they also won’t be left with much afterwards and that’s the last thing the so-called job creators will allow. They need a working society with barely making it workers to make that next billion bucks. 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

Another idea I had, is to limit the police's ability to arrest/detain people.   They were have to be a obvious danger to pubic safety, or they would have to have an explicit warrant, or on the (admittedly rare) case of voluntarily surrender.   Perhaps there is an incentive for voluntary surrender by reducing penalty if found guilty.    So this would mean George Floyd and Eric Garner could not be forcibly detained on the spot, at least not legally, although after a warrant was obtained they could be.