Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

18 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Some of you all want there to be some peaceful way to reach men that have no conscience, and have proliferated in the suffering of others their entire lives.

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think its wrong to tell others how to react to a lifetime of injustice. People are upset, scared, frustrated, and angry. Enough is enough. This isnt just a color thing. This is a class issue that was inevitable because the greedy rich that have taken everything from everyone got over $400 billion dollars richer during a pandemic, while most of us were given $1200 and told to somehow make that cover months of bills and to risk our lives going back to work without adequate protection or a general plan on how we as a nation can beat this outbreak.

Is lifetime of injustice a free pass?  So if a bunch of people who's been victimized their entire life commit atrocities, do they get a pass, no matter how great the degree?  

I got news for you, the "men of no conscience" aren't going to see the light because protests turns to riots.  They'll use  it as an excuse to dehumanize the very struggle and make no pretense about putting people down like animals.  So if the lifetime of injustice is going to give way to mayhem, that side better be prepared to go all the way and win.  Otherwise, what's coming down the pipe is going to make war on drugs and war on crime look like a sunday stroll through the park.  (Pretty sure the men of no conscience won't have hesitation about turning loose the weapons at their disposal either. )

• Thanks 1

What do you think about citizen oversight of police.   One of the major obstacles to getting bad officers removed, is that you are trusting them to investigate themselves.   But what if you had some oversight board that was independent of the normal executive branch.  

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Just curious Since you combined the two- frustration from those who were unable to work and protesting to reopen and get back to work- is that now fine? Because it wasn’t a few weeks ago.  

Never said he was or wasn’t and also didn’t vote for him

It is- no denying that- I’m speaking to other white people who speak on behalf of blacks.  The actual conversations I’ve been able to have are with blacks but it’s the white people who think they know all that is driving this divide.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. The only REAL convo you could have, is with a black person. I didn't know much of anything about these issues until my brother married into a black family. Changed my whole worldview with the amount of feedback I got.

You're not gonna get it with anyone else. I know I havent. You cant know what you dont know (in many cases it's what you cant even see )

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SkinInsite said:

It's a simple yes or no question, do you think Trump is a racist.

Racist no, prejudice yes- I think he is very bad with words and shouldn’t speak the majority of the time

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Just curious Since you combined the two- frustration from those who were unable to work and protesting to reopen and get back to work- is that now fine? Because it wasn’t a few weeks ago. 

I combined the two, which im guessing you mean racial and class issues, because that is exactly what this is.

Black people are upset because, (among many reasons) another incredible tragedy happened for no reason. The outrage is that this is treated by the very people who we pay to protect us as a casual inconvenience that must go through some arbitrary system until it is ultimately lost in the matrix.

Everyone else is upset because there is no justice. We are slaves to our jobs for fear of losing the ability to live freely. Our entire ideology of american freedom now lies with the ability to afford it and follow the rules. But no one can afford it, the rules are not the same for everyone, and are non-existent by the very people that have caused the monetary issues in the first place. Ive worked 6-7 days a week in a facility with 1000's of employees, and atleast 10 new cases of covid per week, for 3 months now because if I dont, there is a possibility that i may not have a job, or any ability to provide for myself or my loved ones. And that counts me as fortunate.

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 2

Someone mentioned that the timing of these events was a perfect storm for a nationwide riots. People have been pent up in their homes for weeks on end.  Bored with nothing to do.  Out of work. No sports, concerts, or other outlets. The weather turns warm, a white cop is filmed nonchalantly suffocating a black man to death for nine ****ing minutes. And nobody bats an eye if you’re wearing a mask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Yeah ok goodnight.

Good discussion - you get a lot of places when you shut down a differences- enjoy the night!

I’m not even a supporter so am curious what do y’all say to the folks of different races who actually do support trump

Edited by steve09ru
4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Racist no, prejudice yes- I think he is very bad with words and shouldn’t speak the majority of the time

Go back and look at his and his family's history. He has always supported racest policies and has been very discriminating towards any color different than he. 

16 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think its wrong to tell others how to react to a lifetime of injustice. People are upset, scared, frustrated, and angry. 

I really don’t think there is anything wrong with an outside perspective. And I’m honestly not sure if all of you guys are considered outside because you ain’t black. Anyone serious about this **** and educated on the subject understands that you can’t just elevate black people as equal to white people and leave behind poor whites, or women, or gays or the other marginalized groups. It can’t work like that. It would be fake and cause so many more problems than it solves. And even if you DONT fit any of those, you can still bring something to the table. 

You can learn a lot from people if you listen to them. A white man telling me that these other white men wouldn’t understand what ‘run that **** back’ means and that I should instead say ‘let’s try that again’ is useful. It is. There are plenty of ways y’all can help. Y’all will have to if we ever hope to get past this ****. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Someone mentioned that the timing of these events was a perfect storm for a nationwide riots. People have been pent up in their homes for weeks on end.  Bored with nothing to do.  Out of work. No sports, concerts, or other outlets. The weather turns warm, a white cop is filmed nonchalantly suffocating a black man to death for nine ****ing minutes. And nobody bats an eye if you’re wearing a mask.

I totally agree that's what I've been telling my wife. This could go on for a long time and trump will be stocking the fires the whole way. Might help him declare martial law before the summer is out.

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

I totally agree that's what I've been telling my wife. This could go on for a long time and trump will be stocking the fires the whole way. Might help him declare martial law before the summer is out.

Might wanna lock and load, bud. Gonna be a bumpy 6 months

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Might wanna lock and load, bud. Gonna be a bumpy 6 months

I have been for a while. I live in a town surrounded by confederate flags and it's really hard to not go help them understand the error of their ways.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really don’t think there is anything wrong with an outside perspective...

You can learn a lot from people if you listen to them. A white man telling me that these other white men wouldn’t understand what ‘run that **** back’ means and that I should instead say ‘let’s try that again’ is useful. It is. There are plenty of ways y’all can help. Y’all will have to if we ever hope to get past this ****. 

I honestly dont know what you are insinuating here. But i thoroughly disagree that there needs to be an outside perspective on this subject anymore. The lines are drawn in the sand now.

4 minutes ago, Skintime said:

I have been for a while. I live in a town surrounded by confederate flags and it's really hard to not go help them understand the error of their ways.

Same (Damascus, Northern MoCo). Swaths of Thin Blue  Line (Aka Blue Lives Matter) flags, many Confederate bumper stickers, maga stickers and hats. Very hospitable place.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

What do you think about citizen oversight of police.   One of the major obstacles to getting bad officers removed, is that you are trusting them to investigate themselves.   But what if you had some oversight board that was independent of the normal executive branch.  

Andrew Cuomo made some very good points this afternoon. There should be some very specific goals for change that come out of this, he said, and one he mentioned gets to the point you are making.  

He called for laws stipulating that investigations of police misconduct are handled NOT  by the local prosecutor’s office, because they work too closely day to day with the police. Bring in outside investigators. He didn’t mention citizen boards specifically, but spoke of outside prosecutors.

Other concrete goals - have a nationwide standard for use-of-force by law enforcement.  Require that the service record of a cop involved in a death be made public to show whether there has been a pattern of misconduct - or not - in his past. Insist on equitable funding of public schools so that every child regardless of family income has access to the same quality of education. 

Demand these things, he said. Write your mayor, your state legislator, your congressional representatives, your governor. And if they don’t deliver, work to vote them out.

~~~

20 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

I’m sorry that you have not been paying attention.  

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

We're well outside the city center, but I guess it's time to make sure I know where the shotgun shells are, just in case. I really hate even having to think that.

I checked that the day trump won the election.  You're late.

Anyways:

FB_IMG_1590969809782.jpg

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I honestly dont know what you are insinuating here. But i thoroughly disagree that there needs to be an outside perspective on this subject anymore. The lines are drawn in the sand now.

More or less I’m saying black people will never rid this country of racism by themselves and there needs to be help from the rest of America. 

Solidarity - it’s a word I should have used someplace in one of these posts. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3

Yeah sorry, Trump is a racist.  And this is coming from someone who does feel that "racist" is thrown around more often than it should be.  A lot of folks don't seem to understand when prejudice becomes racism, and when it doesn't.  Even if you ignored Trump's crap since he became President, his track record as a landlord in NYC removes any doubt.

This is also why white folks don't seem to understand why "reverse racism" doesn't actually exist.  A black person proclaiming that they "hate white people" or that all whites are awful folks is basically equivalent to a white woman crossing the street because she "doesn't like the look of those black kids" or things of that nature.  That's still prejudice, regardless of how angry the speech might sound.  Until that same black person can mobilize that angry speech into denying white folks mortgages they're qualified for, or are running a company and throwing Chad's resume in the trash because his name sounds too white and they don't "need another problem" they aren't crossing the line into racism.

I admit, it took me awhile to learn the difference, but it is a distinction worth learning.  You can grow up poor and white and without the same advantages of a Jared Kushner, but until you get red-lined out of a neighborhood or have to worry about leaving your house because you're white and a weaponized group of black policemen are out on the streets, you aren't experiencing nearly the same thing.

• Like 4