Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

per the riot thread...i was very occupied with non-es stuff this morning so missed the initial drama and the offending post(s)

when something like that happens with a thread, patience is a good thing...calling for mod attention when it's obviously already being directed there doesn't assist the process, but it's no crime either :) 

and i suggest everyone owes tk a beer---no one does anywhere near as much as what he does to keep this place actually operating

btw, this incident is one example of why i'm always talking about taking great care with the exact phrasing if you choose to express a harsh sentiment in such matters....and now for the dramatic tease: stay tuned for future developments :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The Dems are enormously incompetent if they don't use their return to the WH, if they have the Senate and House to go with it, to approve DC statehood. Stand up for your voters and give them the representation they deserve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

they were making fun of Beyonce's line of Adidas clothing since that's exactly what it looked like - a Popeye's uniform

I don’t even find popeyes saying popeyes is nothing without black lives bad.

If Microsoft or apple said “Microsoft/Apple is nothing without black lives” I don’t think that’s headlines worthy. It’s a little un aware but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Don’t get me started on KFC. How is It possible it’s so much worse here than in the UK?

...and still not in the same league as Popeyes. It seems the Popeyes social media folks want to be like Wendy’s and Steak-umm. They’re not in the same league there either.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Don’t get me started on KFC. How is It possible it’s so much worse here than in the UK?

You know. I've heard this before (dated a crazy British girl a few years ago from Essex who moved here).

Seems incredibly strange.

• Like 1

Police shove, make AP journalists stop covering protest

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City police officers surrounded, shoved and yelled expletives at two Associated Press journalists covering protests Tuesday in the latest aggression against members of the media during a week of unrest around the country.

Portions of the incident were captured on video by videojournalist Robert Bumsted, who was working with photographer Maye-E Wong to document the protests in lower Manhattan over the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

The video shows more than a half-dozen officers confronting the journalists as they filmed and took photographs of police ordering protesters to leave the area near Fulton and Broadway shortly after an 8 p.m. curfew took effect.

An officer, using an expletive, orders them to go home. Bumsted is heard on video explaining the press are considered “essential workers” and are allowed to be on the streets. An officer responds “I don’t give a s—-.” Another tells Bumsted “get the f—- out of here you piece of s—-.”

Bumsted and Wong said officers shoved them, separating them from each other and pushing them toward Bumsted’s car, which was parked nearby. At one point Bumsted said he was pinned against his car. He is heard on video telling the officer that Wong has his keys and he needs them to leave the area. Officers then allowed Wong to approach and the two got in the vehicle and left.

Both journalists were wearing AP identification and identified themselves as media.

“They didn’t care,” Wong said. “They were just shoving me.”

NYPD officials said they would “review this as soon as possible.”

Journalists have faced aggressive police and protesters during demonstrations across the U.S. over the killing of Floyd, a handcuffed black man who died after a white officer pressed his knee on Floyd’s neck.

Police in Louisville, Kentucky, apologized after an officer fired what appeared to be pepper bullets at a TV news crew, and a journalist in Minneapolis was shot by a rubber bullet.

Click on the link for the full article

19 minutes ago, China said:

Police shove, make AP journalists stop covering protest

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City police officers surrounded, shoved and yelled expletives at two Associated Press journalists covering protests Tuesday in the latest aggression against members of the media during a week of unrest around the country.

Police in Louisville, Kentucky, apologized after an officer fired what appeared to be pepper bullets at a TV news crew, and a journalist in Minneapolis was shot by a rubber bullet.

Click on the link for the full article

Follow-up:

Police are Attacking Journalists at Protests. We’re Suing.

As people take to the streets to demand justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and too many other Black people who have been killed by police in recent years, journalists have joined them to bear witness. While covering these protests in cities throughout the country, journalists have become conspicuous targets for arrest, intimidation, and assault by police officers, even though (or perhaps because) they are clearly identifiable as members of the press.

These apparently deliberate attacks on journalists violate the First Amendment freedom of the press, and they will not go unanswered. The ACLU of Minnesota is filing a class-action lawsuit against Minnesota’s state and local law enforcement officials to ensure that police officers who target journalists are held fully accountable for their unlawful actions.

We also plan to protect another of our essential First Amendment rights: the right to protest. We’re pursuing legal actions to stop police brutality against protesters and organizers.

Click on the link for more

• Like 1