Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

7 minutes ago, Forehead said:

This is also why white folks don't seem to understand why "reverse racism" doesn't actually exist. 

Disagree there- there’s racism from and for all races but that’s taking this completely off topic

Just now, Llevron said:

More or less I’m saying black people will never rid this country of racism by themselves and there needs to be help from the rest of America. 

Racism is not exclusive to black people, as there are how many thousands currently in cells at the border right now? Im not going to get into the injustices verses each race right now.  And just because Im white doesnt make me immune to the experience of being a minority. I worked and lived in china for almost 8 years. I know the feeling of being woken up in the middle of the night by an entire police force checking to see if I was legal. Its awful. The issue in MIN started as a a racial thing, but has been another in a terrible line of recent injustices. A riot was inevitable, as collectively all other peaceful options have fallen upon deaf ears. The issue has grown into a class issue because justice was not served, and we all weep for our fellow man. People of lower class are told the reason they are in their predicament is because of (insert race) people taking their jobs/breaking the law/causing the violence/living off welfare. Yet they never question the fact that the guy that ****s in a gold toilet and the million dollar companies that bought into his campaign and pay nothing in taxes to help the local economy have subsequently doomed him to this life. Perhaps people are finally now getting the wool torn from their eyes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, steve09ru said:

Disagree there- there’s racism from and for all races but that’s taking this completely off topic

Not really, my original post was expounding on why Trump is indeed a racist.  He hasn't simply said he dislikes black people, a prejudice.  He has a long track record of discriminating against them as a landlord, denying them equal opportunity.  That's racism.  Racism has to utilize some sort of unequal distribution of power, "the system" benefits one race over another.   The Central Park lady is a perfect example.  She called the police and intimated that an angry, aggressive black man was threatening her.  Didn't matter if it was true, she knew that a white woman in peril reporting a black male was going to have the cops running to save her.  This is not a tool black people generally have in their arsenal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Did we already cover JR Smith? 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/31/j-r-smith-attack-fight-video-los-angeles-la-protests-nba/

One of these well intentioned folks driven to violence by an intense yearning for justice, busted his truck windows. 

Dudes lucky he didn't have some progresso with him. JR is deadly with a bowl of soup

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Perhaps people are finally now getting the wool torn from their eyes.

I don’t think we really disagree. All the things you are saying are the same reasons I think all these people need to have a seat at the table. Injustice is injustice and that’s what people are fighting here. Yes the face was a black guy, again. But I doubt he was even the only guy killed unjustly by the police that day.

And if you are just being practical, if you start to say it’s a black issues or other people’s outside opinion doesn’t matter, you are cutting off possible avenues of support and that doesn’t make sense. 

Like I said I’m not sure we disagree. 

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

can I ask a dumb question? They are a lot of protesters wearing backpacks. Any reason why?  

Well, putting aside the ones who have tools to destroy things, I'd guess mostly things like bottles of water for washing out their eyes when they get tear gassed.

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

can I ask a dumb question? They are a lot of protesters wearing backpacks. Any reason why?  

Same reason you take a bag hiking, supplies.  Not a lot of vendors out there so whatever you need you have to lug around with you. 

• Like 2

A little off topic but related to the topic.  My sister attended the protests in DC earlier today. I notified my parents who are older that they should take precautions bc there is a chance she could have contracted COVID. My sister visits my parents weekly as do i.   Prior to today, my parents and I have not gone anywhere outside of picking up work from our respective work centers and the grocery store for the past 3 months in order to stay safe from the virus.  However, after today, she destroyed that and wasn't going to tell my parents that she attended a mass gathering.  My parents are obviously concerned about their health.  She gets into a heated argument on why I had told my parents where she went. I don't care for what she did, I care for my health and my parents health.  Was I Wrong??

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I don’t think we really disagree. All the things you are saying are the same reasons I think all these people need to have a seat at the table. Injustice is injustice and that’s what people are fighting here. Yes the face was a black guy, again. But I doubt he was even the only guy killed unjustly by the police that day.

And if you are just being practical, if you start to say it’s a black issues or other people’s outside opinion doesn’t matter, you are cutting off possible avenues of support and that doesn’t make sense. 

Like I said I’m not sure we disagree. 

Ok. Sorry. Like i said, ive been working 6-7 days a week due to this pandemic. Im tired and furious. Sometimes i may post a 20 paragraph long manifesto in the wee hours of the night on a sports board, because its pretty hard to find an avenue to vent anymore. But, then again, isnt that part of the reason for the current events?

• Like 1

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

To carry things in? I know I'd be wearing one. Keep my water, goggles and all other miscellaneous **** in.

If it were me I'd grab the wrong bag and end up facing down police at 2am with a bag full of fishing lures, sun tan lotion, and bug spray. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Ok. Sorry. Like i said, ive been working 6-7 days a week due to this pandemic. Im tired and furious. Sometimes i may post a 20 paragraph long manifesto in the wee hours of the night on a sports board, because its pretty hard to find an avenue to vent anymore. But, then again, isnt that part of the reason for the current events?

Are you still in Beijing???

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

All good man I can always try to be more clear and I get the overworked thing