Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

6 hours ago, steve09ru said:

Why are you insinuating one race?  It’s a fact that all races are participating in both peaceful and non. You’re the reason people can’t comment on something unless they are black without being labeled a racist. 

See above- driver of the truck

I’m the reason, huh? From my standpoint, it’s about calling people on insensitive and silly things they’ve said. And in this case, I specifically said I think dude’s NOT a racist. I think he’s indifferent. 

5 hours ago, bearrock said:

If the rioters want to compare whatever it is they're doing to the American Revolution, go fight to overthrow the government instead of burning and looting the properties of innocent civilians.  Not all illegal actions are alike.  Or they could, you know, vote.  An option that the revolutionaries didn't have.  

5 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You know interesting enough I have shirt that was given to me As a fun gift because of my hard cut throat justice views from my degree. It has the guy from V from vendetta (blanking on the name) and it says “Vote” on top and on the bottom “You have the right to make your government fear you.”. I actually love the shirt. 

I guess you guys never heard of something called voter suppression? But nah, that’s not happening. Just another “Democrat” hoax, huh? If you look at voter turnout data over the past couple of decades, our voting rates are very close to those of whites and even exceeded them during the Obama elections. Were it not for the (non-existent “Democrat hoax”) voter suppression, it might be even better. Even so, it hasn’t helped. A lot of that IMO has to do with the Dems taking us for granted but it also has to do with them needing to appease a center that patently believes that racism is a thing of the past, that going too far will make the Dems appear to be a party that appeals only to POC, and a misguided desire to follow the Slick Willie third way doctrine in order to appease center-right voters. 

Turnout%20by%20Race%202018.png

Now before any of you respond with the “get off the ‘Democrat’ plantation” foolishness, can you point out a Republiklan politician that has run on a platform with any policies to ameliorate or counter racism? No. They’re content to continue appealing to an ever shrinking white base with dog whistles while suppressing black votes. The Republiklan Party has asked for what’s happening now by virtue of their long-standing tough on crime policies that selectively exempt a certain segment of society and by suppressing black and POC votes. They got their way for quite some time, but they have also built up a powder keg. As Malcolm said, it’s the ballot or the bullet. Either our political power translates to legislative, executive and judicial power to protect our interests or rioting and other forms of resistance will continue to reoccur.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Dan T. I stand by my statement that if this goes past tonight (with 6 days now, it will), the riots should get their own thread so it can focus on updates for folks safety.

It's your thread, but saying it out loud because I was coming here for that more then giving my opinion on it today.  My primary concern isn't being right on anything it's whether this crosses over the Potomac now because how close my family is to it.

This is turning into a national disaster bigger then George Floyd if it's true anarchists are coming in for their own reasons to make it worse and Alt-Rights coordinating to start a full on race war now.

Just my two cents, if you don't agree, I'll stand down.

Renegade, this really became bigger than this thread days ago.  The mods may want to weigh in, but to me it makes sense to have a separate thread on what is a significant national story.  Historic really. 

If you want to start it, please do.  Maybe the mods can transfer part of this thread into the new one. I’m pretty sure they have that capability.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Renegade, this really became bigger than this thread days ago.  The mods may want to weigh in, but to me it makes sense to have a separate thread on what is a significant national story.  Historic really. 

If you want to start it, please do.  Maybe the mods can transfer part of this thread into the new one. I’m pretty sure they have that capability.

As more police kill POC; there will be more and more protests.  Everytime there's a murder like this; people will react.

Nothing is going to change until the dead rott that's in power now is gone and that includes both Repubs and Dems.  There needs to be Presidential leadership on this.  Biden has to commit to ending this once and for all.  If there's not a commitment from Biden, if he becomes president; nothing will change.

We already know Trump won't do a thing and will likely make it worse.  He really wants to go shoot down all the protesters; Tiananmen Square style.  I full expect blood to flowing in the streets if the violent protests/looting continue.  Even if the protests are peaceful; we see people who will instigate things; to make them turn violent.

I have no doubt the right wing has people wading into these protests, to make it go violent.   They want a violent crackdown.  Only Trump and the GOP can put and end to this.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I got you, hope this helps.  @visionary your call on where you put your posts, formally asking stuff specific to the riots put here for folks that need to focus on their safety more then how we got here.

4 hours ago, steve09ru said:

It becomes about me, and most others who are white, when you try to have a conversation and offer an opinion for discussion and betterment but it’s not what the other side (black or white for that matter) wants to hear and then tell you you’re a racists trump supporter.  Yeah that seems to happen way more often than not - and this is a lot of times coming from whites directly- not even the ones experiencing this

so again, yeah it is frustrating when you try to talk about these things and issues and deep dive into what’s going on but are met with that.

How ironic that what you describe is the exact same response we get when we try to tell you guys you haven’t lived the experience so you don’t know much what you’re talking about. Please feel free to further whitesplain it to me though.🙄

3 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I officially left Beijing 2 years ago now for a job in Baltimore. But i still have alot of friends and colleagues there and in hong kong. Things were changing drastically to the point that I had to leave. After multiple "raids" on my house at 3am, and the desire to be back near family, it became necessary for me to leave. What you all have heard about the humanitarian issues are but a footnote into the ethnic genocide that has been happening there for years. Its an Orwellian dystopia now. I weep for them because they are no different than us, they want the same things and have the same ideals, but have no choice. The upper class owns them, and the CCP bows to no one. We have a choice now. Sad as it is, Peaceful protest against an authoritarian regime does not work. The only peaceful way to change things here in this country is to target the checkbooks of the elite, but we cant get organized because every time a leader tries they get marginalized in the media. The second option is what is to come.

Dude, you’re spot on that it has to do as much with class as it does race. Someone posted two Tweets from a basketball player a while back that highlights the difference in outlook of some well to do POC. One Tweet praised the rioting and in a subsequent one he called them animals when they hit his neighborhood. The 5% Nation talks about this a lot. As the old saying goes, everyone that’s skinfolk ain’t kinfolk.

You’ve made some great posts. Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions. Unfortunately, in true Strangelovian fashion, I cannot ignore the instinctive reflex of all black folks to say you don’t know what you’re talking about simply because you’re not black. However, If I’m wrong and you are black, then you actually did know what you were talking about after all and you can disregard that.😉

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I got you, hope this helps.  @visionary your call on where you put your posts, formally asking stuff specific to the riots put here for folks that need to focus on their safety more then how we got here.

I'm PCS and I approve this message.    ;)   

• Thanks 2

It's funny how rules don't apply to other cops, look at 20:00 on of this video. The only reason he didn't get out lf this is because the young cop turned her body cam on too early. (Old video, but it matters)

NSFW: Language 

So, as all good conversations do, this one kinda veered out of its lane as bit, and that's a good thing IMO. I have actually tried NOT to express my thoughts in this thread and on this topic because it isn't about me personally. Gonna break that rule for a moment.

As an OWG, I am trying to listen, and if the collective black voice says stfu, then ok, I get it. You tell me I don't understand cuz I haven't lived it? Ok, I get it. So I listen. I'm not insulted, not offended or afraid, I get it. This is not my moment, this is not about me, this not about my son being murdered in the street on camera as the cop smirks. I DEFINITELY get that part. So I listen. It's not that hard. You can listen, agree/disagree, be confused, be bothered, but at least be aware that something IS going on, something that has gone since before the inception of this nation, and if it isn't normal or natural or innate to you and your life, then thank doG you haven't had to live under the shadow of that terror for you and your family every single day of your life. And listen. You can support justice without having to elbow your way to the front to get on camera. You can be uncomfortable without making it about you if it isn't about you. Just listen.

Again, language spoiler....

Spoiler

• Like 1

I am catching up to The Junkies right now from when they started airing this morning and they are talking about all the protests and stuff going on.

And damn, some of these guys are COMPLETELY ignorant to this whole thing.  Lurch is in complete denial that there is a problem and EB is silent which is the first time in over a decade I've ever heard this dude keep his mouth shut on the show.  JP is the only one who seems to get it.

• Like 1

Just now, purbeast said:

I am catching up to The Junkies right now from when they started airing this morning and they are talking about all the protests and stuff going on.

And damn, some of these guys are COMPLETELY ignorant to this whole thing.  Lurch is in complete denial that there is a problem and EB is silent which is the first time in over a decade I've ever heard this dude keep his mouth shut on the show.  JP is the only one who seems to get it.

I knew to avoid them this week, I had a feeling that most of them would have garbage opinions. Definitely don't listen to the redneck cosplayer Chad Dukes, I'm sure he'll have some strong "hot takes" on this subject. 

Sheehan seems to be in the middle, but I've only been listening for 30 minutes or so.