Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"They Act Like They Won The Superbowl"

KingGibbs

I posted this to Facebook earlier today:  

"Dear Dallas Cowboys Fans, *especially* you NBD (Never Been to Dallas) Cowboys fans.... Yes, beating you WAS our Super Bowl. We know our team isn't that good, but we beat YOU! (in your house & on national TV).‪#‎HTTR‬ ‪#‎CowgirlsSuck‬ ‪#‎DecemberIsComing‬"

DecemberIsComing lol. Somebody make a game of thrones winter is coming meme with Tony Romo head on top of Ned Stark's body.

The reality of this game was that with a competent QB, which a lot of the other team on the Cowpies schedule have, we would have blown them out. Jackson was underthrown by McCoy on two deep TD passes. This game had no business being as close as it seemed. We were the better team in nearly every aspect of the game and we aren't even all that good ourselves.

Uhhh, Colt completed 83% of his passes for 300 yards, I'd AT LEAST call that competent.

I find this interesting.

Dez Bryant wears #88.

He became the leading Cowboys receiver in 2011.

In each year that Dez Bryant (#88) has been the leading receiver for the Cowboys ('11, '12, '13), they have been 8-8.

Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

Also, we're not really acting like we won the Superbowl.  We're acting like we won a major division rivalry game that was playing in Prime Time.

The difference between the Cowboys and us, is that we wait until after we win to celebrate.  Remember the '05 Monday Night Miracle, where the Cowboys trotted out Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, and I think Michael Irvin during halftime for a big celebration of their '90s glory?  Yeah, a tad premature, and then they have to take our their blue-balled frustration somewhere, so they go "oh, they're acting like they won the Superbowl."

Well maybe if Dallas fans weren't so dismissive of the Redskins they wouldn't get blindsided when we win, and then they too could celebrate when they win a big division game, instead of just being smug about it.

Uhhh, Colt completed 83% of his passes for 300 yards, I'd AT LEAST call that competent.

Eh...yes, but there were a few passes to Desean that were TDs if he led the WR (and I think one to Garcon too).

Colt reminded me of a slightly more brazen Alex Smith.  Smith is a game manager, but he's so good at it that he can get a starting job.  Like, Smith very rarely loses you the game, but it's rare for him to outright win the game with his arm.  Colt seems the same way.

Basically, top flight backup material, low end starter material.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a few teams were calling Colt for after this season.  Texans, Cardinals, Rams, Tampa, Buffalo, some others.  It's conceivable they'd give him a decent contract (for a backup), and an even chance to win the starting job.

One thing I found funny last night was the fact that Tony Romo thinks he is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. He was yelling at the officials, yelling at his coaches and all up in his teammates faces like he is a great NFL quarterback who has something to show for his career. The Brandon Weeden I saw play in Cleveland was one of the worst NFL quarterbacks I ever saw but I was still hoping Romo would come back in the game because I figured he would screw up like he usually does. 

I admit that after the game last night, I was so happy that it rivaled what would happen if we won the Super Bowl.  You know what?  I don't give a crap if I was too excited!  I love this team!  We put up with so much crap day in and day out that we are allowed to have a little fun.  Especially against our bitter rivals that the whole world knew was going to wipe our butts clean on Prime Time.

Guess what, I am still grinning from ear to ear today.  This win makes me even more pumped for next week when we visit the Vikings.  It is a great feeling to be able to be proud of your team! 

I can't believe the excuses that they are coming up with...Here are a few that I have heard..

dez catches the ball in the endzone they win..

Murray doesn't fumble they win..

if Washington didn't blitz so much they win..

If Dallas didn't play sloppy they win..

plenty more where these came from over at CZ.

I can't believe the excuses that they are coming up with...Here are a few that I have heard..

LOL, Yeah but if all of Colt's throws were TDs and all of Romo/Weeden's were INTs the Redskins would've won in a blowout so they should consider themselves lucky.

Playing make-believe is fun.

That win over the girlz last night at their home.....when ESPN was ready to start the coronation process on the team (and owner) that they have shamelessly promoted over the past decade or so.....was OUTSTANDING.  My only regret was that I had to watch it in a hotel room alone, so no Skin fans to cheer with, and no Girl fans to verbally harass. 

I had the volume turned down last night, and was listening to the 980 homer call....and glad I was when I saw Jerruh Jones being interviewed.  Really?  Surprised we did not see one of his "assistants" around for moral support.....or at least the back of a head. 

Few W's are sweeter than a W over the Girlz....at their home.....and when they were being walked down the aisle of respectability and relevance by the 4 letter network.  The expectation was a huge Girlz W last night.  The reality was buzzkill, compliments of the Redskins,  in Jerruh world.....

Priceless.

Whenever someone tries to go in that direction with smack talk, my reaction is always some version of, "Wow, great point.  And yet that's not the lead story in today's paper."

As much as they like to throw around all that crap. All I point out is that they lost to a 2-5 team's third string QB.

"If we'd scored more points than the skins, we'd have won."

The Brandon Weeden I saw play in Cleveland was one of the worst NFL quarterbacks I ever saw but I was still hoping romoSUCKS would come back in the game because I figured he would screw up like he usually does. 

And Romo did it too. Against us of all teams :P

I can't believe they let Romo come back in after Weeden put up 2 scoring drive in 2 tries but yep, they did it lol. .

Why even dignify the Super Bowl remarks with responding, as if its a comment of any value?  That's as sour grapes a remark as they go, so **** 'em.  Let them say whatever they want - WE KNOW how big of a Win this was for us, given the circumstances. 

None of the non-Skins fans know (or care) how big of a Win this is for our team, our program, & our season.  They do them & we do us. 

Their opinions regarding how WE celebrate a Win mean nothing to me.  I was up into the wee hours of the morning howling at the moon, like many of us were.  It was great!  And that's all that matters.

Yeah, and if we hadn't thrown that INT in our own endzone...

Or penalized ourselves outside of FG range...

Or if Colt doesn't under throw DJax 2-3 times...

Or if the Refs throw that holding flag when Romo is in the endzone...

Those excuses cut both ways.  Neither team was without some sloppiness and missed opportunities.  We left at least 6 points on the field too.

But our defense came through when it counted and Colt calmly led us down the field in a way that Romo (somewhat surprisingly) couldn't.  We had their number Monday night.  It was a hard fought number, but we had it none the less.

Seriously? If we didn't find a way to beat them, we wouldn't have beaten them?

If they want to whine about the refs or lucky bounces, that's one thing (though it's still whining), but that right there is complaining that our defense outplayed their offense.  Yeah, that's what we pay them for.

Archived