Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

So, you bash him because a 6th round pick gets cut, but no praise for finding Redd off the street who made it. I swear Redskin fans are something else. Jeez Louise, I'm just as disappointed that Lache was cut, but that's on him, not our GM. He obviously has some things to work on or else Jay wouldn't have cut him.

Can't keep everyone anyway. Eventually it comes down to numbers, consistency and availability. Redd was all of those this summer. The other two weren't. We all knew RB would be a war even going back to April.

He either makes it to the PS, of he doesn't. Shouldn't be a reflection of anybody when a 6th rounder doesn't make a football team

So, you bash him because a 6th round pick gets cut, but no praise for finding Redd off the street who made it. I swear Redskin fans are something else. Jeez Louise, I'm just as disappointed that Lache was cut, but that's on him, not our GM. He obviously has some things to work on or else Jay wouldn't have cut him.

Yeah pretty much and who says Redd is going to do anything. Bruce has been known for horrbile drafting. I didn't see anything this year that proved that wrong.

Wonder if Phillip Thomas is a better practice squad candidate that a PUP candidate or if they are cutting ties completely.

Too lazy to start a thread, but when was the last time we saw the Redskins cut a 6th round draft pick that looked decent?

That is an incredibly encouraging sign. In the Vinny years draft picks were untouchable... You can't make Vinny look bad. And Shanahans ego was too large to even contemplate that he got a pick wrong

I said something similar about Bolser yesterday (although Bolser didn't really look decent from reports)

I agree.

Please forgive my ignorance of Practice Squad rules, but what is the reason players have to wait 24 hours instead of being signed to PS as soon as they are cut from the roster?

I would think that this way they get a chance to go through the waiver wires to see if any team will claim them. It also gives teams an order instead of potentially creating a bidding war for PS candidates.

Yeah pretty much and who says Redd is going to do anything. Bruce has been known for horrbile drafting. I didn't see anything this year that proved that wrong.

Ryan Grant, Breeland, Long, even Murphy.  Pretty good draft crop.  Seastrunk despite being cut showed well too.

If its already been said then I'm saying it again: damn am I glad we kept Kai Forbath!

Also, I either read or had heard somewhere that an unwritten rule among League GMs is that no team snatches another team's cut players before they form their practice squad.  Now that may be totally off-base, but...

Wonder if Phillip Thomas is a better practice squad candidate that a PUP candidate or if they are cutting ties completely.

I said something similar about Bolser yesterday (although Bolser didn't really look decent from reports)

I agree.

I'm pretty sure a player can only be on PUP if they started training camp on PUP. I think Thomas' only option was IR. I'm surprised he didn't end up there. Gruden called him elite as an extra guy in the box so I'm sure they are betting no one will pick up a guy with zero film who has an injury to the same foot that caused him to miss all of last season. He'll definitely be back on the PS.

I'm slightly more concerned about Lache but I've seen so many guys over the last several years clear back to our PS that either I or this board thought had no chance of not getting picked up. Teams like to hold on to their own. It's especially hard and probably rubs locker rooms the wrong way to cut your own guy and bring in someone else's to the active roster when he spent zero time with you all offseason - now you just signed a guy who was too raw to make another team and he now has to learn your playbook with whatever reps a #3 guy gets. Lache should still be ours for those reasons.

He's a third string RB who will play STs and mop up duty. Sounds like you have a personal problem with Bruce and past history.

You know what? Cutting some late draft picks is a good thing. It means we have depth for once. It means we are finally not relying on a 6th or 7th rounder who isn't talented enough to start in the NFL to make major contributions for the team. Think about that.

If its already been said then I'm saying it again: damn am I glad we kept Kai Forbath!

Also, I either read or had heard somewhere that an unwritten rule among League GMs is that no team snatches another team's cut players before they form their practice squad.  Now that may be totally off-base, but...

Most likely not true...Remember, the Saints signed Chase Daniel to their PS after the Redskins cut him and wanted Daniel for their own PS. Not to mention, it would take the players out of the equation, as they have the right to sign with whatever team they desire (once through waivers, if they qualify).

I was pulling for Geathers. That mountain should be able to grab FG tries out of the air.

9 fumbles, 7 lost in two years.  Wont take but one maybe two more and the change will be made.

Yes, the second leading rusher in the NFL has the average amount of fumbles as the rest of the league. ZOMG!

9 fumbles, 7 lost in two years. Wont take but one maybe two more and the change will be made.

This. I LOVE morris and his character is fantastic but since the Seattle game he has been having major fumbling problems. Even in the pro bowl it was evident.

9 fumbles, 7 lost in two years.  Wont take but one maybe two more and the change will be made.

I think you need to get off this kick.  Morris was a probowler last year.  Broke 1200 yards two years in a row and that was behind a crap offensive line and last year with a QB who was inaccurate and a team constantly playing catch up.  Moreover, he got that many yards while playing with an offensive coordinator who was infamous for abandoning the run.

To quote Murder by Death... "There's only one problem with theory (dramatic pause) Is stupid!  Is most stupid theory I ever heard!"

Ryan Grant, Breeland, Long, even Murphy. Pretty good draft crop. Seastrunk despite being cut showed well too.

I think there's reasonable expectation that Grant, Breeland, Moses and Long are future starters (or at least slot WR/corner for Grant/Breeland). Murphy has the potential to be a starter as well.

But yeah, a 6th and two 7ths cut and possibly on on PS? Horrible drafting.

Most likely not true...Remember, the Saints signed Chase Daniel to their PS after the Redskins cut him and wanted Daniel for their own PS. Not to mention, it would take the players out of the equation, as they have the right to sign with whatever team they desire (once through waivers, if they qualify).

Fair enuff.  For some reason, I remember it being said somewhere.  And frankly, I just went with it.

I tell ya, I learn more & more about the nuances of the game each time I log on here.

Archived