Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

Too lazy to start a thread, but when was the last time we saw the Redskins cut a 6th round draft pick that looked decent?

That is an incredibly encouraging sign. In the Vinny years draft picks were untouchable... You can't make Vinny look bad. And Shanahans ego was too large to even contemplate that he got a pick wrong

Too lazy to start a thread, but when was the last time we saw the Redskins cut a 6th round draft pick that looked decent?

That is an incredibly encouraging sign. In the Vinny years draft picks were untouchable... You can't make Vinny look bad. And Shanahans ego was too large to even contemplate that he got a pick wrong

Dougie got picked up the next day, someone else too.

Seeing our castoffs getting signed quickly, is one of the better signs that the ship is righted.

First one a shocker but health matters. RT @MikeJonesWaPo: Soure says Phillip Thomas, Chase Minnifield and Everette Brown have all been cut.

First one a shocker but health matters. RT @MikeJonesWaPo: Soure says Phillip Thomas, Chase Minnifield and Everette Brown have all been cut.

Annual Punt Rant

I have long been irritated with teams refusing to corner kick. not even once a game, nor after repeated downing fails, kicking the ball into the endzone time and time again. Straight towards the guy that may break our back with a return TD. Because we wanted to give a teamer you barely know a chance to down it. 

The coverage guy looking directly backwards to try to see the ball as he runs down the field, is worth a laugh. An oblong ball made of pig skin, is not easy to down, despite all the practice they can do. The punter usually just nails it into the endzone anyway. Fails prevail most of the time. Net 20 rules the day. Sigh. 

Punting. its all the guy does. I refuse to believe he cannot aim for upfield of that pylon with some effectiveness. I flat out refuse to think a coverage guy cannot still try to down the ball on angled kicks, and can even use the sideline to his advantage. Flying downfield, the players can look over a shoulder to locate the ball as he runs down the field maybe a little easier, like a WR running a deep cross. 

Sure a punter will get the ball to bounce straight up and easily downed a few times a year. The fans go crazy, best punter ever. 

All the special teams coaches from the 70 80's and 90's that angle kicked couldn't be wrong. Sure punters are gym freaks and are bigger and stronger, and can kick farther than then, but I refuse to believe they lost the ability to angle. 

We use to try and corner kick religiously when Danny Smith was our special teams coach and all that lead to was returns by the offense, penalties when our kicker would let the ball bounce out of bounds and kickers being out of a job when they would eventually lose confidence and fans would lose patience. Just not worth the risk so we just tell kickers to kick it out of the endzone and start from the 20 yard line.

Crawford, Thompson, Seastrunk, Thomas, and Minnifield.....wonder who will make it to the PS.

This is great. I am so incredibly tired of our "what ifs" and "might be's". Cut these hanger ons. We have actual starters all over our roster and depth now. Good ridence and I wish them all the best careers.

Archived