Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

Still wondering what they were looking at when they decided to draft Bosler??????

I believe they were looking at a 7th round pick and said why not????

Sure once in a blue moon that a nice player can be found in the 7th round but most of the time... there is a valid reason why they were picked in the 7th round...

Besides, we were and are awfully thin at tight end.  Reed is nice, but Paulsen is a blue collar over achiever, and no one knows what we have in Paul if we had to really rely on him.

When Paulson was our starter last year, he did exactly what we needed him to. I'd say he is an achiever. Paul is looking better this offseason and doing everything asked.

I don't think we're thin at TE.

Im still waiting for the day an athletic punter arrives on the scene. I cannot believe we dont see more punters with speed. With the gunners being covered on the outside and normally the guy setup to block is never going to dive at the kicker, any punter with speed youd think could easily race around the edge for an easy 10 yards. All that would be there would be lineman. A punter that is always a threat to run basically negates any punt block. The guys outside blocking the gunners would either have to peek into the backfield and get smoked or turn around and run leaving that side of the field wide open.

Marquette King is one of the few exceptions to the punter rule.  Great athlete. 

Annual Punt Rant

I have long been irritated with teams refusing to corner kick. not even once a game, nor after repeated downing fails, kicking the ball into the endzone time and time again. Straight towards the guy that may break our back with a return TD. Because we wanted to give a teamer you barely know a chance to down it. 

The coverage guy looking directly backwards to try to see the ball as he runs down the field, is worth a laugh. An oblong ball made of pig skin, is not easy to down, despite all the practice they can do. The punter usually just nails it into the endzone anyway. Fails prevail most of the time. Net 20 rules the day. Sigh. 

Punting. its all the guy does. I refuse to believe he cannot aim for upfield of that pylon with some effectiveness. I flat out refuse to think a coverage guy cannot still try to down the ball on angled kicks, and can even use the sideline to his advantage. Flying downfield, the players can look over a shoulder to locate the ball as he runs down the field maybe a little easier, like a WR running a deep cross. 

Sure a punter will get the ball to bounce straight up and easily downed a few times a year. The fans go crazy, best punter ever. 

All the special teams coaches from the 70 80's and 90's that angle kicked couldn't be wrong. Sure punters are gym freaks and are bigger and stronger, and can kick farther than then, but I refuse to believe they lost the ability to angle. 

Still wondering what they were looking at when they decided to draft Bosler??????

He's REALLY good at special teams.

Remember our draft philosophy was to sure up special teams which I feel was a smart move. Bosler will be on the PS get stronger and faster and then he'll eventually replace Niles Paul eventually in a year or two. 

When Paulson was our starter last year, he did exactly what we needed him to. I'd say he is an achiever. Paul is looking better this offseason and doing everything asked.

I don't think we're thin at TE.

I say that's fair now, but before the draft looking at what we had I wouldn't have made the same assessment.  I'd say you had Reed who looks promising, but had a scary concussion issue.  Paulsen who was servicable blocking tightend (I actually think over achiever is a complement.  I love the high effort guys) and Paul who seemed like a bust.

Paul seems to have gotten his act together better, Reed seemes okay, and Paulsen is what he is.

Sad for Thompson.  Mind willing, but body couldn't do it.  Worried about Lache.  I was hoping we'd keep him.  I think Redd actually has a better shot of making it practice squad than Seastrunk, but I guess for those worried that RGIII is running the team if his college buddy ain't safe then Allen and Co are in charge and not Danny's buddies.

Gotta wonder if Strunk will wait for our PS, instead of signing with another team tomorrow. I'm guessing someone will off a spot on a 53.

Love that we kept Redd. Insurance come time for Morris's contract.

Guess it's Alf, Roy, DY and Redd. I can dig on that. Would have rather one of the speedsters though.

I predicted Seastrunk would get cut based on how depressed Gruden looked, but I thought he would keep one home run back. I also predicted we would keep Thompson. Fail. 

Oh well, I guess DG and others were correct in pointing out that Helu was our fastest back, and was a lock from the start. 

I wonder if we end up keeping a WR we weren't expecting to, be it Aldrick or Williams. 

Archived