Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

Chris Thompson confirms his release (first reported by @MikeJonesWaPo ) and says #Redskins would like to bring him back to PS, but....

Exciting morning for Trenton Robinson and Akeem Davis. Shows what good special teams play (and injuries and suspensions) can do

Santana Moss has made the 53 man roster per sources. #Redskins

If Hank, Bowen go to PUP and Neild to IR, two more moves to be made. #Redskins.

WR Nick Williams cut, according to @NBCdianna. That leaves the 6 expected - Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Moss, Robinson, Grant.

We use to try and corner kick religiously when Danny Smith was our special teams coach and all that lead to was returns by the offense, penalties when our kicker would let the ball bounce out of bounds and kickers being out of a job when they would eventually lose confidence and fans would lose patience. Just not worth the risk so we just tell kickers to kick it out of the endzone and start from the 20 yard line.

His next rant is going to be towards you! He was talking about PUNTING brother.

A lot of guys can do both; in fact, most of them do in college. I was buddies with my college's kicker and he was usually also the punter.

The reason pro teams don't do this is two fold:

1) There used to be more of an emphasis on coffin corner punting, so teams liked having a specialized punter. Nowadays teams hardly do that all, preferring instead to boot it out of the end zone.

There is no way #1 is true lol...teams don't "prefer" to give up 20 yards of field position to their opponent. In fact, you'd be hardpressed to find many examples of punters "booting the punt out of the end zone."

Phillip Thomas is a complete shocker! Never saw that coming.

You can put a stopwatch on Thompson and Seastrunk signing to the practice squad once they clear waivers. Very interesting to see Redd make the final 53 over those 2, though. Not at all surprised about Royster.

This all really shows the confidence they have in Helu.

Not surprised at the PThomas move or the CThompson move.  Health is at a premium.

I don't think Lache gets picked up.  I bet he makes it to the PS.

Since I'm in a good mood today, I'd rather talk about the guys who made it.  Big props to Akeem Davis, Trenton Robinson, and Silas Redd.  All 3 UDFAs who made the 53.  That is one of the reasons I love this game.  Kudos to those guys for putting in work and realizing their dreams.  Awesome stuff.  Really happy for them.

Not surprised at the PThomas move or the CThompson move. Health is at a premium.

I don't think Lache gets picked up. I bet he makes it to the PS.

Since I'm in a good mood today, I'd rather talk about the guys who made it. Big props to Akeem Davis, Trenton Robinson, and Silas Redd. All 3 UDFAs who made the 53. That is one of the reasons I love this game. Kudos to those guys for putting in work and realizing their dreams. Awesome stuff. Really happy for them.

Good point!! Props to those that made the team. Redd, Moss and Davis are the ones that impress me a lot.

Yeah great draft pick there. Says something about Bruce.

So, you bash him because a 6th round pick gets cut, but no praise for finding Redd off the street who made it. I swear Redskin fans are something else. Jeez Louise, I'm just as disappointed that Lache was cut, but that's on him, not our GM. He obviously has some things to work on or else Jay wouldn't have cut him.

Archived