Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

[quote name="TryTheBeal!" post="9908492" timestam411798

I love Morris but, get real. He is nowhere near these guys in terms of talent and game-breaking ability.

Nah, I think its you who needs to get real. Last time I checked, there was more to the RB position than game breaking speed. And unless you are blind, he has plenty of "wiggle," good initial burst, great vision, and elite tackle breaking ability.

He played in mostly power scheme at FAU. He will be fine. Sorry he's not the type of RB you You want him to be, but all of your counterpoints so far have been, quite frankly, retarded.

He is no fluke. He is no one trick RB. We ran power run plays against the Pats and he nailed several runs off of them. You would think that people would stop being so hardheaded about this after all the "he's a product of the ro/Griffin" people were hushed after he still produced last year with no threat of Griffin, limited carries due to abandoning the run, and stacked boxes.

Guess I was wrong.

If its already been said then I'm saying it again: damn am I glad we kept Kai Forbath!

Also, I either read or had heard somewhere that an unwritten rule among League GMs is that no team snatches another team's cut players before they form their practice squad.  Now that may be totally off-base, but...

B.W. Webb was picked up by the Steelers.

When your starting RB is a 6th rnd pick with no wiggle, no speed and fumbling issues, I'm not sure abandon is the right word.

And he actually got those yards playing in a system which is proven to inflate statistics for RBs of marginal talent.

I do wonder how Morris will do without Shanahan. I guess we'll find out soon enough. At least he had success in that system, though.

That's why I don't care to see Helu or Royster on the team. They weren't all that when Shanahan was here, how bad are they going to look now?

Richard Crawford CB - Didn't have a good off-season, sad to see him go, but maybe PS?
Tevita Stevens OL - This was obvious
Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith S - This was obvious

Ted Bolser TE - This is unfortunate.  Didn't show enough on ST to fight for a roster spot.  Maybe PS?  I actually doubt it. 
Kevin Kowalski OL - He really struggled.  No surprise
Robert Malone P - He was very inconsistent.  

Lee Doss WR - I know a lot of posters liked him, but he wasn't going to make the team with the guys in front of him.  Maybe PS?

Robert Thomas NT - I don't know enough about this guy to really offer an opinion.
Lache Seastrunk RB - I was hoping they would find a way to keep him on the 53, but if they can get him to the PS, that's even better.  If somebody else picks him up, it will be unfortunate, but not the end of the world.  There are fast RBs in every draft that you can get in rounds 4-6.  

Chris Thompson RB - As I said above, there are fast RBs in every draft you can get in rounds 4-6.  CT is an example of that.  Guy is just not available.  Maybe PS, though they might have lost patience at this point.  

Evan Royster RB - This somewhat surprised me, but in a good way. I thought they would lean on what they knew vs. the unknown, and keep him over Redd.  Happy they kept Redd.  Royster will contribute somewhere is my guess as a backup.  

Phillip Thomas S - Same comment as CT.  Availability is key. 

Chase Minnifield CB - A little surprised by this, but not really.  Definitely a PS candidate.  Would have liked to have seen him win a job outright.

Everette Brown LB - I thought he was playing pretty well, but he's competing at a tough position, there are several guys that were locks ahead of him.

Zach Hocker K - It will be debated whether or not "wasting" a 7th round pick on a kicker was a good idea or not.  If it pushed Kai to improve his kickoffs a little, and gives them a guy who's available they can turn to, I think for a 7th rounder, that's fine.  

Nick Williams WR - This is unfortunate, and there will be a bunch of folks who would have taken him over A. Robinson.  I think Robinson makes it because they needed a guy who can bring speed if something happened to DJax.  Because after DJax and to some extent Roberts, there is no vertical speed with Moss or Grant.  

Something called "Frank Kearse" has more value than Seastrunk?

Amazingly, guys who play ST and provide depth inside are just as valuable as RBs who aren't good enough at pass blocking or pass-receiving to get on the field. 

Wish we had picked Seantrel Henderson over Hocker and Bolser. Bleh.

This is my only gripe with all of this.

Yeah, I'm going to spend a little time tomorrow to update the "I wish I had gotten that guy" thread, but I think Henderson might be the guy who the entire league missed out on and will all regret. Especially the 'Skins, because he plays a position of need.  

With alfred its all about Yards after contact. Shanny never blocked once for almo. Helu set a Redskin record for most catches in a game by a running back several years ago. I believe Beck was the qb when this occurred. Just think we are set at rb. I feel like Young is really the secret weapon here. Young can do it all.

Seastrunk is raw, and still can't pass block.

I'm sure tons of teams want him for PS as I'm sure the redskins do, but if someone wants him on their active 53? I'd be surprised

Roger that!

I'll be amazed if he makes another 53 roster.  He's a developmental player and has natural speed.  Yes, we have all heard you can't teach speed...However, if you can't teach your Speedster to pass block for your franchise QB and you are left with only a couple plays in the book to pull off a Bomb...he's not worth the slot.  Dudes fast though.

Archived