Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

That's awesome.  Then the Browns can watch Royster not do anything during the regular season.  Can't wait!!!

No need to look down on Royster.  He was always good, always worked hard, and usually produced.  Not great, maybe not even good, but solid.

Let me just state that I love Alfred Morris.  I love his story, I love his attitude, I love his effort and I loved the production he gave us when the read-option was turning the league on it's head but,……he is a very limited player that is starting to take a pounding and it is showing in ball-control issues and a lack of burst.

I don't want it to happen, but I'm fairly convinced that it's gonna happen.  And our team would benefit greatly in this new system from a RB that has a more complete skill-set.  If you think Gruden shares the loyalty to Morris that many of us do, you are sorely mistaken.

Wow. I said in the Bucs game thread that Redd had outperformed all the running backs the whole preseason but I thought he still might not make the team. Good to see the guy get rewarded accordingly.

The Seastrunk thing surprises me as that's a pretty risky move. A guy with that kind of physical talent might not last long if a sucky team decides to take him just for his talent.

Thompson deserved to get cut. Hope he makes it somewhere else.

No need to look down on Royster.  He was always good, always worked hard, and usually produced.  Not great, maybe not even good, but solid.

I've got nothing against Royster.  Seems like a good guy.  But, someone is upset he's not on the team anymore and thinks he's going to star for another team.  

It's just getting silly in here.

From Tandler on Seastrunk:

RB Lache Seastrunk–Let this be a lesson to fans and media types alike–one play does not clinch a roster spot for a player. Many thought his 80-yard run after catching a short Colt McCoy pass was his ticket to the 53. But he still needs to polish up his route running and blocking skills 

Sounds familiar. :)

1. If Alfred Morris got hurt, Redd would likely be the main back.

2. @Black_1 @MrDCsportsSr negatives are routes & bad pass protection. positive was speed

3. @TKextremeskins @Black_1 @MrDCsportsSr Very raw. Not ready to step in the field in a real game BUT I'd keep him over Colt.

@OBtoojiveforyou @TKextremeskins @MrDCsportsSr wait... they kept Colt?

10:08 AM - 30 Aug 2014 · Details

So to be claimed on the waiver wire, does a player have to be on that team's final roster? ie-another team can't pick Lache for their PS, correct?

That is correct.

You can claim a released player and put him on yor 53.

Or after he clears waivers, you can offer him a contract for a PS. Player ca. Choose whichever PS he wants, based on money or team fit, or how hot the cheerleaders are.

When your starting RB is a 6th rnd pick with no wiggle, no speed and fumbling issues, I'm not sure abandon is the right word.

And he actually got those yards playing in a system which is proven to inflate statistics for RBs of marginal talent.

Just stop. Nearly 3K yards and 20 TD in two years from a sixth round pick and you're ****ing? This fanbase is crazy, seriously.

How could this team release Seastrunk and Thompson?? We have no speed in the backfield. Whenever Seastrunk got an opportunity, he balled out. 

If he gets picked up by someone else, I'm gonna be so pissed!

People always forget that Helu is pretty damn fast.

I suppose it all came down to durability issues with Thompson, and pass protection issues with Lache.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to keep Lache, but I'm still happy we have Redd. I love Redd's balance, and he has lateral mobility that is second to none on this team.

How could this team release Seastrunk and Thompson?? We have no speed in the backfield. Whenever Seastrunk got an opportunity, he balled out.

Thompson couldn't stay healthy. Availability is a key component to making the roster.

Trunk couldn't block and couldn't run routes consistently. (Please don't bring that weak ass argument that he caught a long pass. It was 1 pass on a designed screen.) So if you put him out on the field, you Have to give him the ball. Either handoff or maybe a screen. It would take defensive coordinators 8 seconds to figure that out.

I hope he makes it to the PS so he can develop and compete and make the team next year. He needs practice reps.

How could this team release Seastrunk and Thompson?? We have no speed in the backfield. Whenever Seastrunk got an opportunity, he balled out. 

Seastrunk is still a raw prospect. I don't know how he'd do in a real game. Thompson can't stay on the field.

Redd ran a 4.70 at the combine but he looked pretty quick in the preseason, sort of like his old self. He also caught 3 balls for 26 yards this preseason so maybe the coaches believe that based on what they've also seen from him in practice that he can do that pass catching running back role. And don't forget Helu has 87 career receptions averaging 7.8 per reception.

You can also still find a speed/pass catching back next year. They are becoming a pretty common type of player.

I myself would have found a way to keep Seastrunk on the 53 somehow. I wouldn't wanna risk losing him.

Player can choose whichever PS he wants, based on money or team fit, or how hot the cheerleaders are.

Hey, what happens on the PS stays on the PS.... :D

He couldn't pass block.  Thompson couldn't stay on the field because he was always hurt.  Neither can help with those flaws, but everyone knew that about Seastrunk and that's why they didn't draft him until late.  Nothing has changed since the draft.  Everyone still knows he's fast and can't block.

cookie

I've been saying that since McCoy was signed and all I got was a bunch of people throwing rocks saying how terrible he was.  He didn't look any worse than Kirk this preseason.

I'm not upset that Royster is gone, simply saw the irony of Redd coming after him at Penn St and now for our Redskins. Also never said he would be a star with the Brownies just that they will probably pick him up since he knows Kyle's system.

My bad, I saw all the ******** and got your post mixed up with the rest of them.  I actually liked Seastrunk better than all the backups, besides Helu, as far as what he could do with the ball.  If that were the only measurement of a RB then I'm sure he'd have made the team.

Royster could do all that stuff, just didn't seem to have the speed.  If we could only find a way to mix genes....

Ryan Grant, Breeland, Long, even Murphy. Pretty good draft crop. Seastrunk despite being cut showed well too.

Murphy looks raw to me and we have Orakpo, kerrigan. Grant is a WR and right now we don't need another WR. Breeland is a joint away from being suspended for sometime.

Ill give you those guys do have a chance, but there are some concerns for sure.

Archived