Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Merged - Per WP & Schefter, Jay Gruden is new Redskins HC

hail2skins

Since Morris, McVay and Haslett weren't fires, there was no competition for the HC job from the get go. Allen has been lying all the way, a common point he shares with Shanahan. This franchise has been plagued by snyderism, nepotism, and now it's cronyism.

I don't like this move because there is nothing special in Gruden's record. He picked up Dalton because he was the best fit to his coaching style, we all see the failure here. Now I'm wondering how will he be able to develop Robert when he proved he couldn't do it with his own QB ?

I wish him to succeed though, but I have serious doubts.

Haslett is staying?

Really? Seriously?

I don't care whether MS had influence over the defense or not, Haslett was, is, and will be, an utter failure as DC.

OK, fine; i'm taking my most frayed, rotted bungee rope and heading to the highest bridge.

Bruce, thank you; you showed your colors.

for fear of being permanently banned, I am biting my tongue [ fingers in this case ] from what I really want to say.  Be prepared for more bottom tier defensive ranks.

What a clown organization this is.  Jay brings absolutely nothing to the table.  The fact that he didn't even interview with the Vikings, preferred the Titans job as his #1 proves to me this franchise is still ran by Dan.  It's amazing how many people will continue to defend him and throw the biggest line of BS of them all "Dan isn't involved in football decisions anymore" Bruce was nothing more then a middleman to take the fall for the hire if its bad.

If anything this choice screams Bruce Allen much more than Danny, especially in terms of keeping assistants on the staff.  I think Danny is savvy enough to understand that most of the fan base isn't excited about Haslett, etc.  If it were Danny he'd have hired Greg Williams in advance and forced the new HC to take him.  And this is coming from someone who isn't happy that Haslett stays.

Do I trust Bruce Allen's judgment, 100%, nope.  But I'll watch the movie before judging it in advance.  

Wow, London Fletcher has found his twitter button.

He doesn't seem to think much of Haslett.  "Defensive struggles were not solely on salary cap", followed by "I think Morris as DC would be great choice!"

He's saying a lot there.

if the fans feel 'duped' imagine how other NFl execs feel.

I mean, I know we're supposed to do everything transparently so everyone can see, and I know how well that works in a business who's very existence is based on competition among it's members.

He should have taken out billboards explaining all of our plans the day they were formulated.

Talking to people can't hurt. Finding out what they think about the roster and direction can't hurt at all. For those thinking we wasted everyone's time with this big search while gruden was supposedly already coveted... it's anything BUT a waste of time.

Sitting down with those people and getting their take on our team.. could be invaluable information.

I'm not terribly excited about Jay Gruden,, not so sure what about him is supposed to stand out to me as our next coach.

But, that doesn't mean it's not there.. frankly, i'm wrong often enough that my opinion against him could be a plus on his side.

Haslett.. not happy, but I also recognize that our defense played MUCh better after week 8 then before it.

given our cap issue, our injury problems, I think that is at least worth noting. Haslett never managed to make chicken salad, but given the ingredients, he did have them playing better.

Continuity may also be a positive in this area.

~Bang

Jay Gruden said he didn't want Colin Kaep because he didn't fit his system. RGIII and Kaep have similar attributes. I don't think the drama is over at all. KIrk Cousins will probably be the starter

I think this is worked out in the interview.  They are not bringing in a coach with a ready-made QB controversy.  That would be stupid.

The report seems to be that Haslett and Raheem would remain on staff and work under Gruden. If that is the case, ****

Funny as bad as everyone wants to say the offense was.... the defense was worse the whole 4 yrs. Why would you keep a DC who never got anything out of the players you had? Haslett? bad idea! Morris also never got anything out of our DB's other then Hall. Morris = Bad idea!

Wow, London Fletcher has found his twitter button.

He doesn't seem to think much of Haslett.  "Defensive struggles were not solely on salary cap", followed by "I think Morris as DC would be great choice!"

He's saying a lot there.

Kind of a slap to Mike Shan. Shan used the salary cap excuse in his farewell speech.

I think this is worked out in the interview.  They are not bringing in a coach with a ready-made QB controversy.  That would be stupid.

just look at his brother Jon, he's a Kirk Cousins guy as well. I don't like this hire at all

I love how the coordinators were in place before the HC even came in. If Haslett stays it's a ****ing travesty.

All of this reeks way too much of the typical dysfunctional set up that his plagued this team for over a decade. Safe to say that I don't exactly trust the decision making of people who have been involved with the garbage associated with this team for the last several years whether its Morroco Brown or Bruce Allen.

I can't say I'm on board but I will hope for the best.

Jay Gruden said he didn't want Colin Kaep because he didn't fit his system. RGIII and Kaep have similar attributes. I don't think the drama is over at all. KIrk Cousins will probably be the starter

Earlier this season, when Dalton was putting up big numbers, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Gruden was “instrumental” in drafting Dalton in 2011, doing so over the objections of owner Mike Brown, who wanted Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

However, Brown told the Cincinnati Enquirer last week that he lobbied for Colin Kaepernick on draft day before ultimately deferring to his offensive coordinator, who selected Dalton.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Archived