Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Merged - Per WP & Schefter, Jay Gruden is new Redskins HC

hail2skins

Do some of you really believe that an organization that waits until the last minute to devise a plan is a well run organization (especially given how quickly coaches are snatched up in the NFL)?  Come on....get real.  

The FO knew they were getting rid of MS weeks ago and they had a pretty good idea who they were going to target as his replacement.  Bruce couldn't say as much at a stupid ass press conference b/c of the rules that are in place by the league, #1, and #2 b/c he wanted to appear to be "casting a wide net"...which he did.  The net was cast weeks ago.  So ****ing what.  

*Holds hand up slowly. 

For my sins, I actually really did buy into Bruce when he spoke so well a week or so back. To say I'm left feeling totally duped is an understatement. 

But it is what it is if Gruden's the guy. 

Hail. 

Again I am on the same page. I will get behind this hire for at least two years. This is on Bruce, good or bad, I like that he took responsibility. Now we know who to blame or congratulate. 

The FO knew they were getting rid of MS weeks ago and they had a pretty good idea who they were going to target as his replacement.  Bruce couldn't say as much at a stupid ass press conference b/c of the rules that are in place by the league, #1, and #2 b/c he wanted to appear to be "casting a wide net"...which he did.  The net was cast weeks ago.  So ****ing what.  

I guess all the interviews probably provided a lot of good information from outside voices on the team as well. 

Again I am on the same page. I will get behind this hire for at least two years. This is on Bruce, good or bad, I like that he took responsibility. Now we know who to blame or congratulate. 

There is at least that to take. 

We have accountability and a GM now. The buck does indeed stop with him. 

It's just none of this hire and the ethics of it sit well at all. 

But it is what it is and there's little we can do but get behind the new HC. 

Hail. 

What a clown organization this is.  Jay brings absolutely nothing to the table.  The fact that he didn't even interview with the Vikings, preferred the Titans job as his #1 proves to me this franchise is still ran by Dan.  It's amazing how many people will continue to defend him and throw the biggest line of BS of them all "Dan isn't involved in football decisions anymore" Bruce was nothing more then a middleman to take the fall for the hire if its bad.

What a clown organization this is.  Jay brings absolutely nothing to the table.  The fact that he didn't even interview with the Vikings, preferred the Titans job as his #1 proves to me this franchise is still ran by Dan.  It's amazing how many people will continue to defend him and throw the biggest line of BS of them all "Dan isn't involved in football decisions anymore" 

I'm genuinely curious, who would you have preferred for HC? Like who, when announced, would you have thought "That was a good choice"?

Jay brings absolutely nothing to the table.  The fact that he didn't even interview with the Vikings, preferred the Titans job as his #1 proves to me this franchise is still ran by Dan.  

You can dislike the hire but I dont think its fair to say he brings nothing to the table. Also, I don't understand how an unverified story about Tennessee that could just have been an attempt at negotiating leverage says anything about Dan

You can tell a team's true feelings in a contract. How badly did the #Skins want Jay Gruden? Enough to lock him in for 5. Rare for 1st timer

Expand

London Fletcher ‏@LFletcher59

Defensive struggles where not solely on salary cap #excuses #blahblahblah

Expand

London Fletcher ‏@LFletcher59

I think Morris as DC would be great choice! Brings energy & excitement! Would feel pretty good about HC, DC, & OC then!

Archived