Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can RG3 be traded? Does he have trade value?

ron5668

I think cousins and griffin have equal trade value right now.  Cousins has shown serious pocket QB potential in his 2 starts, but he was a 4th rounder and could be a flash in the pan.  Griffin showed serious potential as a rookie, but has since blown out his knee and shown minimal ability to win games from the pocket.  I think both guys would fetch a 2nd rounder from teams in need, or a first depending on how desperate they got.

I'm done.

I'll check back on the board once we get closer to the draft but I just can't deal with it anymore.

I'm done.

I'll check back on the board once we get closer to the draft but I just can't deal with it anymore.

Relax man. 

It's a civil debate among fans of the same team about two football players. We don't know these guys. We don't have any impact on what will happen. What's the harm in discussing all options and finding topics that relate to our favorite NFL team?

RG3 had a subpar year, but I have no idea how it went from "subpar" to "disasterous" in the eyes of our fanbase. People act like he's Geno Smith. It's ridiculous.

Griff ain't going anywhere. Period. We will ride and die with him.

And who the hell said that Griff and Kirk have the same trade value? Oh, that's right. I thought Rak was the only player who posted here, but I guess Cousins is on here too. Give it a rest dude.

Kirk Cousins doesn't have a rocket arm; in fact arm strength may be the weakest part of his overall game.

Is he capable of making NFL throws? Yes.  Is he an elite arm talent? No.

I guess RG3 doesn't have an elite arm either then...

“As a receiver, I want to say [Cousins and Griffin III] pretty much have the same type of ball. Strong arms get it there when they need it to go,” - Josh Morgan

Look, RG3 is clearly the more athletic of the two and I believe he has the potential to be as good at cousins at reading the defense and going through progressions which makes him by far the one with the most overall potential. But it is stupid to ignore Cousins talents or downplay them because you (meaning anyone) are infatuated with RG3. 

I actually like the way Shanahan has handled this part of the controversy. He has said it would be foolish to give up on RG3 but he recognizes that until a player actually lives up to their potential, there is always the possibility they might not. (paraphrasing)

For all of the heat he has taken for the move, benching RG3 to see what Cousins can do was not only smart, it took brass balls to go against popular opinion. 

Why are some of us giving up on him already.

I would love to go back a year on the Carolina Panthers' message board and see the posts about Cam. You have to wonder how many doubters he turned into hardcore fans - all within a year.

Look at Rose still suffering the consequences of his injury in Chicago. Robert came back in half the time and he plays a contact sport.

It's pathetic out here sometimes. 

No, the ship shouldn't sail or sink with RG3.  The best QB should be playing.  Period.  If the best QB is Robert, then fine.  If it's Cousins, he should get the nod.  The cost in picks for Robert is what it is, but that doesn't mean Robert should be immune to being benched or replaced.

I didn't say that it should sail or sink with Griffin.  But like it or not, that's the way it's going to be after this 3 game Cousins demonstration is over.

Maybe everyone else but me knows the answer. Stranger things have happened. Although Cousins made mistakes, his accuracy, decision making and presence looked as good as I have seen in a while. RG3 supporters have your feelings...I respect that. Just asking a question. 

Lol - Is that you Jerry Jones? Trade Romo sits to pee

The "teams" record is meaningless not sure why you bring that up

Oh, I beg to differ. When you're on the bandwagon with an exciting new QB and you start 0-1, it's not the QB's fault. We lost as a team! It's a 53 man roster!

But once you're 3-10, well. Then it's absolutely the QB's fault. It's time to make a change.

If Kirk isn't enough to turn this team around just as they are, he's not the answer. Same deal with RG3. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, but it's absolutely the perception, especially with a fanbase as fickle as this one. KC would actually be afforded even less time than RG3 was, if he were to take the reins. So far, he's 1-1.

I guess it's a fair question to ask after Cousins started two games.

ROFLOL

Lol - Is that you Jerry Jones? Trade Romo sits to pee

A Dallas newspaper writer did say they should of drafted Cousins as there backup, Makes it even sweeter we got him....

Im sad to say im a fan of this team right now. Not because of the circuis being in town, but because skins fans are morons. Best fan base my a@@. The skins fans our a joke.

A year ago everyone wanted to make rg3 president now you want to impeach him. I mean give me a break, how old is he 24. Hes in his second year off a major knee injury with a horrible team and coaching staff around him.

The Panthers didnt throw the towl in on Newton. Why should it be any different with Griffin. Everyone in here is acting like he was doing that bad. I mean look at his stats. He still had a 60% completion rating and a 82% overall rating. Hell Stafford has pretty close to the same stats and he has Megatron.

We were lucky to get those stats in the last 20 years out of a QB. So give me a damn break about the rg3 trade talk.

Of course he can be traded.

Any other team in the league would happily acquire and appreciate what we are taking for granted.

Yeah really.  Guys like Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon have played here and then gone on to do very good things too.   The OP's question was very benign, but I hate where threads like this tends to go.

Archived