Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can RG3 be traded? Does he have trade value?

ron5668

Maybe everyone else but me knows the answer. Stranger things have happened. Although Cousins made mistakes, his accuracy, decision making and presence looked as good as I have seen in a while. RG3 supporters have your feelings...I respect that. Just asking a question. 

RG3 would fetch a 1st and a 2nd, no doubt about it.  The pendulum has definitely swung to where RG3 is being diminished way beyond what his struggles should suggest from this past year.  He is a hell of a talent and any GM/Coach would be salivating on teaching him the finer points of the QB position.

RG3 would fetch a 1st and a 2nd, no doubt about it.  The pendulum has definitely swung to where RG3 is being diminished way beyond what his struggles should suggest from this past year.  He is a hell of a talent and any GM/Coach would be salivating on teaching him the finer points of the QB position.

This this thread issues a valid question, can he be traded?  

I really don't think we can net anything higher than a 2nd rounder.  A lot of scouts and GM's talked about his lack of a pocket passer mentality.  With this past season, it is becoming more like that assessment is true (who knows, maybe he cant change).  Not saying he can't change, but in today's age, QB's are not given the same amount of time to develop in years past.  You get 2-3 years and it's time to move on. 

Qbs that don't show any improvements only have 2 of 3 years (Gabbert & Weeden). Qbs that have potential and/or win a division get more time (Bradford, Sanchez). He could be traded, but why would you trade a potential franchise qb for a backup after 1 rough season? If you only want to give young Qbs 1 year to develop, then I promise you we will not see elite qb play in this league anymore.

Well, to be fair to the OP, he did merely ask if he could be traded.

Yes. He absolutely could. And we'd probably get a pretty good haul out of it.

(I'll leave my feelings on the should part out of it, seeing how I don't think that was at all part of the OP's question) :)

This this thread issues a valid question, can he be traded?  

I really don't think we can net anything higher than a 2nd rounder.  A lot of scouts and GM's talked about his lack of a pocket passer mentality.  With this past season, it is becoming more like that assessment is true (who knows, maybe he cant change).  Not saying he can't change, but in today's age, QB's are not given the same amount of time to develop in years past.  You get 2-3 years and it's time to move on.

You must be high if you think we would not get at least a 1st rounder for the former Heisman trophy winner and Rookie of the year. Why you would want to trade him or Kirk Cousins is beyond me.

Ummm...no.  This is dumb.  Yeah, if somebody offers what we paid and then some, you can consider it, but no way we trade Robert now.  Heck, what if Cousins looks like crap the next two games?  IMO, you keep both QBs and don't even consider a trade until after next season.

Can he be traded?

Does a bear **** in the woods? 

That said, there is no way they are trading him anytime soon.  

I wonder if the same question was asked after Cam Newton's sophomore slump. The guy wasn't even coming off  a major surgery yet he received a free pass. 

Yes, unequivocally. Another franchise would gladly grab RGIII and would likely give up 2 1st round picks for the privilege. RGIII has proven to be an extremely hard worker and a smart guy. Anything he doesn't have from a physical/mental standpoint can be taught. That's not even taking into account his high marketability.

I'll be the first to admit I was worried on draft night, hearing the analysis talk about his high completion % being inflated due to all the screen passes he did in college.  I was worried to the bone that on an NFL level his completion % would dip into the 40s, behind a good Oline maybe lowe 50s.  However, after his rookie year I'm totally convinced he has the skills to be a 60-62% passer.  Let's give this guy an Oline, a smart defensive coordinator on the other side of the ball holding the opponents score down, and let this young man grow and succeed in our system.  I mean say we traded RGIII, there is NO ONE IN THE DRAFT this year that would impact our team MORE in 2014 and beyond then what RGIII will do for us.

Just say NO to drugs, kids.

You must be high if you think we would not get at least a 1st rounder for the former Heisman trophy winner and Rookie of the year. Why you would want to trade him or Kirk Cousins is beyond me.

Well, lets be fair, Heisman trophys mean nothing. Second, who would want him?  Heck, how many teams offered what we did in the first place to get him?  NONE.  If a team offered us 3 first rounders and a second, I would do that in heart beat.  Third, (aussiming non of this happens) if cousins proves he s a better QB, then you start him.

I don't understand why nearly every fan believes we need to trade one of our two promising quarterbacks. I agree that we should probably trade our backup quarterback prior to the expiration of his contract, but not now. 

We have at least a year to figure this out. We probably have until the trade deadline of 2015. Let's keep Griffin as the starter. Let's hold onto Cousins as insurance. If Griffin doesn't improve or stay healthy, then let's cross that bridge when we get to it. Most likely, he'll be fine and Cousins will retain his value by not having to play. 

In short, I don't want to get rid of either guy until we know much more about their durability and development. 

#OperationPatiencePart2

It took me a minute and I had to go back and read the OP again, but now I get it. This is not simply a question posed, this is a slanderous shot at RGIII. RGIII supporters? As good as you have seen in awhile? Do you think Cousins is capable to pull off what RGIII did last year?  You know I ask with all due respect. I also noted the NNT which I think you got for this thread. I concur with that, IMO this was less a question and more of a shot. 

Maybe everyone else but me knows the answer. Stranger things have happened. Although Cousins made mistakes, his accuracy, decision making and presence looked as good as I have seen in a while. RG3 supporters have your feelings...I respect that. Just asking a question. 

No New Threads. 

Well, lets be fair, Heisman trophys mean nothing. Second, who would want him?  Heck, how many teams offered what we did in the first place to get him?  NONE.  If a team offered us 3 first rounders and a second, I would do that in heart beat.  Third, (aussiming non of this happens) if cousins proves he s a better QB, then you start him.

Not true Cleveland was easily in the neighborhood on the offer. 

I don't understand why nearly every fan believes we need to trade one of our two promising quarterbacks. I agree that we should probably trade our backup quarterback prior to the expiration of his contract, but not now......

I don't see Kirk pulling any more than a third at best so I'm inclined to agree.

As regards Robert, I think folk will back off from calling for his head when they see what difference competent teaching makes to his development next season.

Hail.

Archived