Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can RG3 be traded? Does he have trade value?

ron5668

Well, IF Griffin was to be considered being traded, yes he would generate alot of interest.

Not gonna blast the OP, hec all of us at one point or another has started a thread that could be considered questionable, and its a valid one, so no need for the hate.

Now, this would be a much more interesting thread next year, say around game 3-4, especially if Griffin doesn't polish off some of the rough spots he's had this year. In fact it will be downright entertaining.

Man as much as I wanted RGIII to be benched (because he was regressing and could have gotten hurt) even thinking of trading him would make me become violent towards that person.  Come to think of it, I would react almost the same way if we did as some fans have suggest, trade Cousins for a 3rd or less. 

RGIII will start next season and I am almost 100% sure he will be the star we all know he could be.  Having said that, I want Cousins here also (unless we get a 1st round pick or 2 2nds) only due to RGIII's injury issues. 

I don't see Kirk pulling any more than a third at best so I'm inclined to agree.

As regards Robert, I think folk will back off from calling for his head when they see what difference competent teaching makes to his development next season.

Hail.

I don't know which direction things will go. I'm not as confident in Griffin being elite as I was during his rookie season, but I still believe it's a very strong possibility. I just don't believe we have to make any move or any decision prematurely. 

Well, IF Griffin was to be considered being traded, yes he would generate alot of interest.

Not gonna blast the OP, hec all of us at one point or another has started a thread that could be considered questionable, and its a valid one, so no need for the hate.

Now, this would be a much more interesting thread next year, say around game 3-4, especially if Griffin doesn't polish off some of the rough spots he's had this year. In fact it will be downright entertaining.

I dunno, from the word choices used by the OP I think it is an agenda driven question. 

It is also a stupid question. "Can a young QB who won ROY, had a mediocre 2nd year, and has tons of upside be traded?" Uh yeah, pretty obvious answer to that one.

Hell yea they should trade him !!!

This present coaching staff doesnt deserve to have a talent like him, 

and quite frankly there are some in this fan base that dont either.

Send him to Houston for Schaub and a 1st and 2nd, then watch the Texans bring in somebody like 

O'Brien or Clemments and watch this kid kick ass with the Texans.

This coaching staff has really screwed with this young man. Robert is only 23 and look what he has had to endure.

By reports Mike and Robert dont even talk. Then he gets benched, and then look at all the leaks. 

If this coaching staff comes back next year, I have serious doubts Robert starts another game for the Skins.

Mike Shanahan won’t comment on RG3′s coachability

Again, the “Robert is coachable” bus drove by and for the second time Shanahan declined to show any interest in getting on board.

http://realredskins.com/2013/12/20/mike-shanahan-wont-comment-on-rg3s-coachability/?ocid=yahoo

I cant believe this fan base some times. Its stupidity rivals Ravens fans and it seems to be getting worse. Robert is a generational talent. You do not trade a generational talent after 2 seasons. He is not going any where. He is better than Cousins. Cousins probably doesn't have half the ceiling Robert does. We are not trading him Period.

What if Shanny  and Kyle comes back and Robert asks to be traded?  He says he refuses to play for Kyle and Shanny.

That's the only way I see any trading of Robert coming about.  We will have suitors.

As for Kirk;  if you can get a second round pick or first round pick next year; trade him.   We can resign Rex and we will probably draft another QB in rounds 5 thru 7.  Kirk's value probably will never be higher.

As for Kirk;  if you can get a second round pick or first round pick next year; trade him.   We can resign Rex and we will probably draft another QB in rounds 5 thru 7.  Kirk's value probably will be higher.

No way.  Trading Kirk now would be a dumb move by this team.  I'm sorry, but putting all of our eggs in the RG3 basket at this time is very risky.  A 2nd round pick is not worth it to trade Cousins.  Yeah, if the pick turns out to be a playmaker and Robert is back to form then it can be worth it.  If we draft a so-so player that's simply okay with the 2nd round pick and Robert still doesn't look right, then it would be horrible.

What if Shanny  and Kyle comes back and Robert asks to be traded?  He says he refuses to play for Kyle and Shanny.

That's the only way I see any trading of Robert coming about.  We will have suitors.

As for Kirk;  if you can get a second round pick or first round pick next year; trade him.   We can resign Rex and we will probably draft another QB in rounds 5 thru 7.  Kirk's value probably will never be higher.

Then you fire the Shanahans. You don't take Mike and Kyle Shanahan for one year over a franchise QB. 

Yes he could be traded. 

Cousins has the bigger stronger arm then Griffin. Cousins plays the position the way that the best in the business played it and there is no injury risk like with Griffin with Cousins. Cousins is not as accurate as Griffin was last year. Both QB's have strengths and weaknesses over the other. This is an interesting question.  

Honestly I would trade Griffin if I could get 2 first round picks for him. Why? Because Griffin still has to learn to play the position as a pocket passer. There are no guarantees that he ever learns this. If he doesn't get it then we lost out on moving him and getting great value for him now. If we were to get 2 first round picks for him we would have basically traded to get Griffin for a 2nd round pick and have a division title and rookie of the year award winner for it. I would trade a 2nd round pick for that. 

Now there is no guarantee that Griffin can't correct the issues affecting his play either. It's a risk to give up on him at this point. I wouldn't trade him for less then 2 first round picks. The answer to the question really is if you think the problems affecting Griffin can be fixed, if they can't then he should be moved now before the world finds out that he can't fix those issues. 

Yes he could be traded.

Cousins has the bigger stronger arm then Griffin. Cousins plays the position the way that the best in the business played it and there is no injury risk like with Griffin with Cousins. Cousins is not as accurate as Griffin was last year. Both QB's have strengths and weaknesses over the other. This is an interesting question.

Honestly I would trade Griffin if I could get 2 first round picks for him. Why? Because Griffin still has to learn to play the position as a pocket passer. There are no guarantees that he ever learns this. If he doesn't get it then we lost out on moving him and getting great value for him now. If we were to get 2 first round picks for him we would have basically traded to get Griffin for a 2nd round pick and have a division title and rookie of the year award winner for it. I would trade a 2nd round pick for that.

Now there is no guarantee that Griffin can't correct the issues affecting his play either. It's a risk to give up on him at this point. I wouldn't trade him for less then 2 first round picks. The answer to the question really is if you think the problems affecting Griffin can be fixed, if they can't then he should be moved now before the world finds out that he can't fix those issues.

Kirk does not have a stronger arm than Griffin. Kirk is not yet at the level of the best in the business. He is 1-1 as a start has throw 3 INT's and fumbled once. I don't think there is anything to suggest he is going to be a better passer than Griffin. You just don't know. You need to give Griffin an actual offseason.

Did this guy really say cousins has a. Stronger arm then griffin? This board needs to be shut down Til the end of the season. Smh.

Josh Morgan quote

“As a receiver, I want to say [Cousins and Griffin III] pretty much have the same type of ball. Strong arms get it there when they need it to go,” he said. “Of course the foot speed is a little bit different, so if the decision is a little iffy for Rob, he knows he can make some positive yards with his legs. Rob can really break the play down and create more time.

“Kirk [Cousins] has more confidence in his arm, so he’s going to put it in there. Kirk’s more like a computer; he’s going to get through all four of his reads before he throws it away. Robert [Griffin III] gets through one or two of his reads and then says, ‘I’m just going to make a play myself.’”

Here is more....

He drew praise from Sports Illustrated's Tony Pauline in particular, who said:

"Kirk Cousins (QB/Michigan State) has shown the best arm of any signal caller on the North and it's of legitimate NFL strength. He's powered the ball into the tight spots and has challenged the hands of his receivers."

Once the NFL Combine rolled around, Cousins' arm strength was the talk of the quarterback workouts, being clocked at 59 mph -- tied for the highest velocity among the quarterbacks who participated in throwing workouts.

Why do you think that is wrong to say?

If the team wouldn't have had the end of year run and playoff appearance from last year, these questions wouldn't even be raised.  RG3 would be looked at as just another 2nd year QB going through some growing pains.  Unfortunately for RG3, he is a victim of his own success last year.  KC is not our long term guy.  This ship sails or sinks with RG3.

Archived