Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Last paragraph of a column from the Philly Inquirer today:

When they had the opportunity to get themselves into the postseason, the Eagles lost back-to-back home games, to the Cardinals and the Redskins, to an excellent team and a flawed one, by an aggregate score of 78-41. An earlier bottoming-out would have been easier to handle, easier to process. This was worse. This team was a tease from start to finish, nothing more. Just after midnight, as the media's postgame debriefing of Kelly neared its end, the lights in the news-conference room shut off for some reason. The room went completely dark. Insert your own metaphor here.

I love the Philly media. If the Redskins are a flawed team, what does that make the Eagles?

Like Westy, still living in 2004.

Am I miss-remembering or has literally every braggart eagles thread on this forum ended up like this?

I think I can remember 3 distinct years a thread like this has popped up and all of them turned into fans of every other team enjoying themselves in it at the expense of the Eagles.

Props to pointy and eaglesfandan for sticking around and taking the lumps westy earned.

Howard Eskin's Twitter indicated that Jason Peters pulled himself out of the game in the 4th (not sure when) and apparently was heard saying "I'm not gonna get hurt for this."

Yeah, media is going to go off on him, as is the fanbase.  Gonna be fun to watch.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/12/27/eagles-player-didnt-want-to-risk-injury-for-non-playoff-team-removed-himself/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=blackadamschefter&utm_campaign=fb

I would love nothing more than for Cowboys/Skins to have meaning. But the truth is, I can't allow myself to want either the Eagles (because of their disgusting fans) or the Giants (because of the freaking Mara family [and Eli's dumb face]). So, I will find myself rooting FOR our arch-rival this evening.

I may move to North Korea.

Fwiw, Giants are my least favor NFC East team.

When there are no implications for the Skins, I root Dallas over Giants every time. And Dallas over Eagles most of the time...

And a scoreless tie for Giants vs. Eagles...

And finally, this (my highlight): 

“Cousins' 31 completions in 46 attempts were a career high and the most completions ever by a Redskins quarterback against the Eagles, which is really no big deal, because the teams have only played 161 times.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20151005_Anger_reigns_as_Eagles__season_unravels.html

Funny man, Cousins has now done this twice in the same season. 31 of 46 but this time for 4TDs.

Forget Westy, whatever happened to Oregon Ducks Fan? Guy was such a condescending tool with his fancy pants charts and pictures and essays describing Chip Kelly's genius.

The truth is, there is no revolutionizing the NFL. The game is what it is and its a game played and own by good players and coaches who can teach/motivate those players. All that other stuff is just noise.

As Reilly said in his column today, look for the Eagles to be an attractive option for FA offensive players who want to boost their value in a video-game offensive system.  It is all for nothing if they don't get the right signal caller, however.  If they do, and that is a big if, I think Kelly can take over the world.  :)

Here's another juicy one.

Archived