Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Funny man, Cousins has now done this twice in the same season. 31 of 46 but this time for 4TDs.

He also had 30 completions for 427 yards and 3 TDs last season against the Eagles.  Jay has that defensive coordinator all figured out - the Philly 2014 game is probably the only legitimately good performance by RG3 since early November 2013.

LOL - Where will he coach next?  Please let it be the Cowboys or the Giants.

Per Sal Pal - The biggest mistake Chipster made: letting DJax go.  Couldn't agree more - but thank you SO much Mr. Kelly!

That was far from his biggest mistake.  Maclin had the same production (actually better) the next season.  His issues were way bigger than Jackson.

He will go to a new team. Have no say in personnel. Then probably be pretty successful. If his ego keeps getting in the way, no one is going to hire him and he's going back to college so he can have his "culture". 

That was far from his biggest mistake.  Maclin had the same production (actually better) the next season.  His issues were way bigger than Jackson.

Yes, you are right. He made multiple big mistakes. 

1. Cutting Desean

2. Trading away McCoy

3. Not even attempting to show an effort to bring back Maclin

4. Signing Demarco Murray 

5. Playing politics and getting good personnel people fired. 

Man this thread brings back some memories. Great read, from Eagles fans trying to hype Foles up as the next Brady to them desperately trying to justify cutting Desean.

One thing... I've been real consistent on Chip and put my money where my mouth was. I won a bet from my Eagles fan coworker last year when they were 6-3. I bet him that they would miss the playoffs (that 6-3 record was largely on the backs of their unsustainable defense/ST scoring). Now that I think about that, if not for that the Eagles would have been below .500 last year too.

I made another bet this past offseason with the same coworker after they traded for Bradford that the Skins would finish with a better record. I'm collecting that this week. :lol:

Man, I really am going to miss Chip Kelly.

That was far from his biggest mistake. Maclin had the same production (actually better) the next season. His issues were way bigger than Jackson.

We'll agree that Chip made multiple personnel mistakes, and disagree on the effect DeSean Jackson has on one's offense and opposing defenses.

questions for chip:

when the lights went out during your post game interview, and a reporter pointed out that it was ironic, did you agree with him that it was ironic at the time?

what about now? do you view it as ironic now?

also, is it possible you're a Giants plant? If so, then kudos. It took a lot of work to get the GM fired, assume GM responsibilities, ship every player out, then bring in a bunch of mediocres for large contracts, then get fired. well done.

Better? In what way?

Maclin and the rest of the WR numbers were fine production wise

With Jackson the WR position went like this:

82 catches, 1332 yards, 9 TDs

47 catches, 835 yards, 8 TDs

38 catches, 447 yards, 2 TDs

The year after without Jackson:

85 catches, 1318 yards, 10 TDs

67 catches, 872 yards, 8 TDs

55 catches, 577 yards, 3 TDs

BIG mistake letting Maclin slip away though.

Where is this guy, when he removes himself from the fetal position he needs to come back and take his licks.

Westy has not logged on ES since the middle of Sept. I'd guess it will be a while longer now.

Yep, and I will completely admit I was wrong.  I thought he  would get another year.  Oh well lol.

I'm slightly surprised he was fired as well. I wonder if he was asked to give up his final say on the roster and work under a GM and was fired when he declined?

He's a good coach. He should stop reading his own press cuttings and stick to that.

I'm slightly surprised he was fired as well. I wonder if he was asked to give up his final say on the roster and work under a GM and was fired when he declined?

He's a good coach. He should stop reading his own press cuttings and stick to that.

Not surprised that Lurie was going to take back personnel control (or actually give it to someone else).  Anyone could see the talent on the OL was abysmal, the defense was worse (didn't think it was possible) despite "upgrading" at positions, and the Demarco Murray debacle really was the player personnel nail-in-the-coffin.  Report is he told Kelly that's what he was doing and Kelly stomped his feet, so Lurie told him to not let the door hit him in the ass.

One of my biggest fears was that CK would be here another year and chase after RG3.  So, I am glad he is gone, provided they build the team right.  I do think CK has chance to be a good coach, but he probably would have benefitted from some time as an OC, which will never happen due to his pride.  It is a hell of a step from HC College to HC NFL.

One of my biggest fears was that CK would be here another year and chase after RG3. So, I am glad he is gone, provided they build the team right. I do think CK has chance to be a good coach, but he probably would have benefitted from some time as an OC, which will never happen due to his pride. It is a hell of a step from HC College to HC NFL.

I actually thought you all should be smart to take a look at RGIII. Not to dump Bradford and hand the keys to RGIII but to at least bring him in as the #2. I wouldn't be completely shocked if he turns it around somewhere.

Maclin and the rest of the WR numbers were fine production wise

With Jackson the WR position went like this:

82 catches, 1332 yards, 9 TDs

47 catches, 835 yards, 8 TDs

38 catches, 447 yards, 2 TDs

The year after without Jackson:

85 catches, 1318 yards, 10 TDs

67 catches, 872 yards, 8 TDs

55 catches, 577 yards, 3 TDs

BIG mistake letting Maclin slip away though.

I don't think a Maclin vs djax number comparison is the way to measure whether or not letting Jackson go hurt the team or not.

Jackson opens things up. He's helped Kirk this year immensely.

Ppg, yards per play, overall qb performance, all these things improve with Jackson on the field.

Archived