Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

I don't think a Maclin vs djax number comparison is the way to measure whether or not letting Jackson go hurt the team or not.

Jackson opens things up. He's helped Kirk this year immensely.

Ppg, yards per play, overall qb performance, all these things improve with Jackson on the field.

Jackson definitely opens things up for the rest of the players against most defenses in the NFL.  He is a playmaker, but has not shown he can be a consistent playmaker, especially in big and playoff games.  Understand it is more than just him that is involved with him getting the ball, but he really gets taken out of games against playoff-capable defenses. 

I don't think a Maclin vs djax number comparison is the way to measure whether or not letting Jackson go hurt the team or not.

Jackson opens things up. He's helped Kirk this year immensely.

Ppg, yards per play, overall qb performance, all these things improve with Jackson on the field.

You're right about DJax, but I think his point is that you underestimate Maclin. If you look at his numbers the past two seasons you'll see.

Anyway Chip let both of them go, he doubled down on cutting his best wideout, did it two years in a row.

You're right about DJax, but I think his point is that you underestimate Maclin. If you look at his numbers the past two seasons you'll see.

Anyway Chip let both of them go, he doubled down on cutting his best wideout, did it two years in a row.

Maclins fine, but nobody in the NFL affects a game plan like Jackson does.

Maclin and the rest of the WR numbers were fine production wise

With Jackson the WR position went like this:

82 catches, 1332 yards, 9 TDs

47 catches, 835 yards, 8 TDs

38 catches, 447 yards, 2 TDs

The year after without Jackson:

85 catches, 1318 yards, 10 TDs

67 catches, 872 yards, 8 TDs

55 catches, 577 yards, 3 TDs

BIG mistake letting Maclin slip away though.

You said Maclin had the same production, and "even better", than Jackson. Not that the WR unit had "even better" production.

How was Maclin's production "even better" than Jackson's?

Where is that Oregon Ducks asshole fan that trolled this forum for a year or so telling everyone how great Chip Kelly is?

Just another fanboy douchebag afraid to take his medicine

Was that the dude talking up Chippers Conditioning programs and ****? Basically like he should get NASA in on that **** it's so groundbreaking. Looks like none of that Popeye spinach, cryogenics, sensu bean and revitalizing cream bs could keep Preston Smith from sodomizing Jason Peters.

Mr. Rubber Ducky would be an awesome infomercial pitchman

I'm slightly surprised he was fired as well. I wonder if he was asked to give up his final say on the roster and work under a GM and was fired when he declined?

He's a good coach. He should stop reading his own press cuttings and stick to that.

That was my feeling as well.

But the reports are that Laurie had several conversations with him throughout the season about giving up control of personnel and Chip wasn't interested.  That's when the decisions started being made by the higher ups.

It was always going to be interesting the way their offseason started up with the shuffling in their personnel and scouting departments. 

Westy has not logged on ES since the middle of Sept. I'd guess it will be a while longer now.

Yeah, he has probably been here every day since then as a guest. He just won't login and take his lumps.

The coward. :)

Oh well, Westbrook will be back around training camp time to talk up the next great HC of the Philadelphia Eagles, I'm sure. :)

I'm slightly surprised he was fired as well. I wonder if he was asked to give up his final say on the roster and work under a GM and was fired when he declined?

Former NFL guys on Serius/XM were saying that Kelly had a meeting with Lurie after practice on Tuesday and more than likely that was what they talked about. Kelly just didn't like Roseman, the Eagles version of Cerrato, having that position back. He'll probably want to be sure he gets along with the front office wherever he goes next.

Archived