Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Is Prima Donna-Ish

truskinsfan18

To the OP:

I haven't read the majority of this thread, but I'll add my thoughts:

Yes. He's a bit YOUNG. He's very mature, but he doesn't know when to speak and when not to at this point. He'll figure it out. 

And for the record, even if I DID think he was a prima donna, I'm sure glad he's our prima donna :)

Yes indeed! And a Rachel/Sloan (Munn/Newsroom) tag team would be.....OT, bordering on rule violation, and crossing the line in an immature objectifying of human beans for shallow titillation of prurient interests, so now I will quit.  :P

Yes indeed! And a Rachel/Sloan (Munn/Newsroom) tag team would be.....OT, bordering on rule violation, and crossing the line in an immature objectifying of human beans for shallow titillation of prurient interests, so now I will quit.  :P

Wait. That's bad now? So when people call me a misogynist, is that not a compliment?

I love objectifying beans. Besides, the pintos are just asking for it.

The bolded makes for a very interesting topic of discussion like Jumbo suggested.

Basically, we were seeing a conflict of interest between  the two matters.  RG3 feeling like he was ready to that next stage in his progression but Mike felt otherwise.  It could easily be said of Shanahan's strict protocol in his logical standing or it could've been that RG3 just simply was not ready to make that transition at the moment. 

The bolded covers the last 3 games of the season, so Philly, Dallas, & Seattle.. They used a more traditional attack vs Philly to keep Robert in the pocket and not on the edge. That's how Robert wanted to ride out the season playing injured, less risk on the knee & he felt he could win games from the pocket, just like he did vs Philly. Dallas & Seattle saw more read option & Robert running it. 

Donna and Rachel, best one two punch of hot chicks on a show ever?

Wait, what?

January Jones/Christina Hendrix - Mad Men

Original Threes Company Cast girls (bonus points for dressing slutty too)

The bolded covers the last 3 games of the season, so Philly, Dallas, & Seattle.. They used a more traditional attack vs Philly to keep Robert in the pocket and not on the edge. That's how Robert wanted to ride out the season playing injured, less risk on the knee & he felt he could win games from the pocket, just like he did vs Philly. Dallas & Seattle saw more read option & Robert running it. 

I know you said you couldn't speak on some things until they became more public but why the disconnect between what he asked for in the gameplan and what was called?

He is not a prima donna. As he is a smart young kid. And has good head on his shoulders. Plus he just wants to play. And really is trying to make his start in the pre season. To prove he can play. Shanahan is never good at QBs in starting games. As he really screwed Jake Plummer over in Denver as an example.

But really RGIII everybody wants to put down. Due to his newfound celebrity status. He really is a humble, classy guy. Who only just wants to play.

You have to ask yourself a question though, why did they run a offense with Robert sitting in the pocket vs Philly , but added more and more read option the next two games when the QB is telling you he feels more comfortable in the offense ran vs Philly? 

It may have had something to do with the quality of the opponent.

He is not a prima donna. As he is a smart young kid. And has good head on his shoulders. Plus he just wants to play. And really is trying to make his start in the pre season. To prove he can play. Shanahan is never good at QBs in starting games. As he really screwed Jake Plummer over in Denver as an example.

But really RGIII everybody wants to put down. Due to his newfound celebrity status. He really is a humble, classy guy. Who only just wants to play.

See, it's not a big deal, but I also don't think your last sentence is completely accurate. I believe fully that RG3 is a team guy, and that he cares very much about winning and wants desperately to play. But that isn't ALL he wants. He clearly also wants to be a brand....he wants us to know what he's thinking on social media, etc... There is NOTHING wrong with that, I don't have any issues with it except for when he takes team business public. But I don't think saying ALL he cares about is winning...If that is all any athlete cared about they wouldn't do anything outside of their sport.

It may have had something to do with the quality of the opponent.

Definitely. Also, I seem to recall Philly hanging in that game with us longer than they should have. Dallas too, despite Morris running for 200. Not sure we win that game without the RO. The 14-0 lead vs Seattle was directly a result of them not having an answer for it as well.

So basically, Shanahan was probably right with the game plan. No way to predict that the knee would fail like it did, but hindsight being 20/20 and all we can second guess now.

See, it's not a big deal, but I also don't think your last sentence is completely accurate. I believe fully that RG3 is a team guy, and that he cares very much about winning and wants desperately to play. But that isn't ALL he wants. He clearly also wants to be a brand....he wants us to know what he's thinking on social media, etc... There is NOTHING wrong with that, I don't have any issues with it except for when he takes team business public. But I don't think saying ALL he cares about is winning...If that is all any athlete cared about they wouldn't do anything outside of their sport.

See, I don't disagree with any of that but unlike some, I just don't see it as such a bad thing. He is who he is, he isn't playing it up or salivating at the thought of another mike in his face ala TO, he's just enjoying the livin' **** outta being himself. I can live with that, it isn't malicious and I don't see all the ego and narcissism that others claim to, I just see a 23 yr old actin' like one, got the world by the ass and riding it like a pony.

So wait a minute, does this mean that Robert believes the R/O makes him more susceptible to injury?

LOL..No, slow your roll..

Wasn't a fan of running read option while playing on one leg.Thought the the offense could've helped him out more while he was hurt.When you watch the Philly game in December it was a traditonal attack mostly keeping him in the pocket. 

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223021

Definitely. Also, I seem to recall Philly hanging in that game with us longer than they should have. Dallas too, despite Morris running for 200. Not sure we win that game without the RO. The 14-0 lead vs Seattle was directly a result of them not having an answer for it as well.

So basically, Shanahan was probably right with the game plan. No way to predict that the knee would fail like it did, but hindsight being 20/20 and all we can second guess now.

Have to disagree.. When you saw the way Robert ran once in Philadelphia, and vs Dallas.. That would've given me pause about running him vs Seattle. Think you have to scheme around your injured QB personally.

Here's my view. RG3 is a good kid. He gives his all... he will sacrifice his body to win and he is courageous on the field. At times he appears a little attention starved, as any 23 year old in this digital age. He was a franchise savior at 22 years old. At 28, he'll probably look back and say some of what he's said or done is cheesy. He will mature. To this point it hasn't creeped onto the field of play. May not agree with how he goes about certain things, but if he's doing what he's payed to do, so be it I guess.

See, I don't disagree with any of that but unlike some, I just don't see it as such a bad thing. He is who he is, he isn't playing it up or salivating at the thought of another mike in his face ala TO, he's just enjoying the livTin' **** outta being himself. I can live with that, it isn't malicious and I don't see all the ego and narcissism that others claim to, I just see a 23 yr old actin' like one, got the world by the ass and riding it like a pony.

Facebook, Twitter, etc. are generally narcissistic and egotistical practices. I'm on FB and I post often... and I can admit that it is mostly fueled by ego. Look at MY kids, read what I wrote, look at how funny I am. That's what it is....let's just call a spade a spade.

Luck is kind of a dork and doesn't seem as naturally prone to the spotlight as RG3, but if Luck wanted to, he could be much more prominent...doesn't seem to be his thing. It does seem to be RG3's thing. NOTHING wrong with that...I'm cool with it, but we should at least be honest about it.

I'm one of those here who remember life before Madonna. And MTV. And "reality" shows. And 24-7 news channels. And "social media." Not to romanticize.  :P

.. back when the "M" in MTV actually stood for music?  Yeah. 100 years ago. I'm pretty certain these days, the "M" stands for morons.

Wait, what?

I know you said you couldn't speak on some things until they became more public but why the disconnect between what he asked for in the gameplan and what was called?

Wait, what?

Let's not forget the original Charlies Angels...  Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith.  Hell, that show was so hot that Kate was considered the ugly one.  Sure, the script and the acting sucked, but the eye candy... I won't even go to Baywatch because that was just a chance for centerfolds to get their SAG cards.

and then there's Maude!

Archived