Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Is Prima Donna-Ish

truskinsfan18

The more i think about it, the more i feel this whole Shann Vs RGIII is a some sort of smoke screen. Behind the closed door type stuff. 

This is a HUGE time for KC.........IMHO there is 0% chance we keep him. From what i have read, 10 teams or so could use him now. 

So by putting RGIII on the bench pre-season, you get the chance to showcase KC to the whole league in a STARTING TYPE roll. 

You also get a few extra weeks healing for RGIII............. win win 

Now the only question i have is, did it piss off RGIII knowing this, or is he okay with it? Portis never wanted to play pre-season, most vets want to do away with it, but this young QB wants to play like its a reg. season game???? Not adding up to me.

They keep talking about the "PLAN" That is what this is all about, and behind closed doors, i feel they are on the same page. 

Hell, another way out possible option:

RGIII is taking a step back in pre-season to allow KC to showcase for the NFL.....If this is true, he's not going to ever act like he doesn't want to play. Think that is way too far out? Did he not bring scouts to Baylor to give his teammates a shot at the NFL? I

Bold prediction time: 

Don't be shocked if KC is traded this year. If he has another very good pre-season game! 

1st and a 3rd........and a player 

I don't think we trade Cousins until RG3 makes it through a 16-game season - or at least until we have a better option to step in at QB as needed than the other RG3 (that is, Rex Grossman the third).  Besides, a team looking to get Kirk a starting QB isn't going to wait until the regular season starts... that would deprive Kirk of the benefits of a preseason where he could learn the offense of his new team in a low(er)-pressure environment.  The only time I've seen this done in recent history is back in 2011, when the Raiders went to get Carson Palmer after Jason Campbell broke his collarbone.  (And if you want exhibit A of why a soft-spoken, self-effacing boy scout QB isn't a good fit for this area, Campbell's a great example.)  And if you remember, Carson sucked, and I mean sucked, the first month after that trade.  I think I remember him having a 3-pick game during that span. 

Anyway, back to the topic of discussion.

The thing that's interesting about this whole situation is that Mike (while he couldn't keep media from talking to his franchise QB as at least occasional appearances are mandated by the NFL) could flat-out forbid RG3 from saying certain things to the media if he really wanted to.  Doesn't he have that power as not only head coach, but VP of football operations?  As unreasonable as it would be and as insecure and childish as it would make him look, Mike could threaten to hold RG3 out of a game for disciplinary reasons if he felt this was a real problem.  This may sound a little bit crazy, but Mike Shanahan's got a teensy bit of mad genius in him, and I wouldn't put it past Mike for this to be a ploy to lull opposing teams (the Eagles in particular) into a false sense of security right before kicking the NFL right in the collective junk come September.

Yeah, I get why people may feel a tad uncomfortable with the RGIII Mania right now, but in this case, the reasoning behind it all, is quite frankly absurd.

Always interesting to me to hear the views on RG3 from intelligent fans of other teams. :lol:

I don't know if I qualify for the intelligent part.. but I am a fan of another team.  As a football fan (although not as much as when I was younger), I enjoy watching Griffin.  Incredibly athletic, dynamic player on the field with ridiculous throwing abilities.  I do however tend to feel he is passive-aggressive at times in his comments, and at best needs to learn how to deal with the media, or at worst has thrown darts at MS & others.  MS is also at fault as he really needs to muzzle his players and teach the art of blah replies.

:D Maybe minus the last sentence, that could be template for what I was referring to as a general (descriptive words like "passive-aggressive" will vary) consensus among intelligent fans of other teams IME--not saying  it's totally accurate, either, though I think it's fairly true.

There is a form of life so low in this region (the extreme igwad version of the 'hawks fan) that they actually think both his football skills and his good-guy character are very overrated. :huh:

It helps me understand why some species eat their young.

The more i think about it, the more i feel this whole Shann Vs RGIII is a some sort of smoke screen. Behind the closed door type stuff. 

This is a HUGE time for KC.........IMHO there is 0% chance we keep him. From what i have read, 10 teams or so could use him now. 

So by putting RGIII on the bench pre-season, you get the chance to showcase KC to the whole league in a STARTING TYPE roll. 

Now the only question i have is, did it piss off RGIII knowing this, or is he okay with it? Portis never wanted to play pre-season, most vets want to do away with it, but this young QB wants to play like its a reg. season game???? Not adding up to me.

They keep talking about the "PLAN" That is what this is all about, and behind closed doors, i feel they are on the same page. 

RGIII is taking a step back in pre-season to allow KC to showcase for the NFL.....If this is true, he's not going to ever act like he doesn't want to play. Think that is way too far out? Did he not bring scouts to Baylor to give his teammates a shot at the NFL? I

Bold prediction time: 

Don't be shocked if KC is traded this year. If he has another very good pre-season game! 

I don't think we trade Cousins until RG3 makes it through a 16-game season - or at least until we have a better option to step in at QB as needed than the other RG3 (that is, Rex Grossman the third).  Besides, a team looking to get Kirk a starting QB isn't going to wait until the regular season starts... that would deprive Kirk of the benefits of a preseason where he could learn the offense of his new team in a low(er)-pressure environment.  The only time I've seen this done in recent history is back in 2011, when the Raiders went to get Carson Palmer after Jason Campbell broke his collarbone.  (And if you want exhibit A of why a soft-spoken, self-effacing boy scout QB isn't a good fit for this area, Campbell's a great example.)  And if you remember, Carson sucked, and I mean sucked, the first month after that trade.  I think I remember him having a 3-pick game during that span. 

Anyway, back to the topic of discussion.

The thing that's interesting about this whole situation is that Mike (while he couldn't keep media from talking to his franchise QB as at least occasional appearances are mandated by the NFL) could flat-out forbid RG3 from saying certain things to the media if he really wanted to.  Doesn't he have that power as not only head coach, but VP of football operations?  As unreasonable as it would be and as insecure and childish as it would make him look, Mike could threaten to hold RG3 out of a game for disciplinary reasons if he felt this was a real problem.  This may sound a little bit crazy, but Mike Shanahan's got a teensy bit of mad genius in him, and I wouldn't put it past Mike for this to be a ploy to lull opposing teams (the Eagles in particular) into a false sense of security right before kicking the NFL right in the collective junk come September.

"Shanahan's got a teensy bit of mad genius in him"

Ha, i would say allot of mad genius! I asked a question in my first post, got no answers. 

Assuming this is the works of a "MAD GENIUS" and a young QB, what would they have to gain by doing this?

First game deception as Spitfire pointed out is one. But if they are using the media like this, i would think it's a bit bigger then that. 

And i wan't to know what it is!  :lol:  If it is! 

Andrew Luck is around 23.

How often do we read about his tweets?

Commercials? Press conferences? Rap videos on youtube? GQ Covers?

And he is just as good/popular as RG3. 

He just chooses not to seek attention constantly.

Luck IS just as good as RG3.

Luck is NOWHERE NEAR as popular.

Luck is nowhere close to RG3's level. He never should have been in the discussion for ROY. Just RG and WIlson.

Luck's more Blaine Gabbert/Sex Cannon than QB wunderkind at this point. Plus he looks and talks like the lovechild of Andre the Giant and Uncle Fester.

Bold prediction time: 

That is a terrible trade for both teams, IMO.  Skins NEED KC, and to give up 2 picks AND a player 2.5 weeks before opener for a starting QB would be crazy for a team trading for him.  Drew Brees got a 2nd. 

Luck is nowhere close to RG3's level. He never should have been in the discussion for ROY. Just RG and WIlson.

Luck's more Blaine Gabbert/Sex Cannon than QB wunderkind at this point. Plus he looks and talks like the lovechild of Andre the Giant and Uncle Fester.

C'mon, really?  Can we try for a little objectivity here?  You're comparing Andrew Luck to Blaine Gabbert.  Blaine ****ing Gabbert?  Maybe you're right about Luck having a face for radio, but he's put up better numbers in one year than Blaine Gabbert has in the last two.  That's not an exaggeration, either.

Andrew Luck in 2012:

16 Starts (not counting playoffs... ROOKIE.... PLAYOFFS.  Did that factor into your comparison?)

339/621 (54.1%),

4,374 yds (rookie record, BTW)

23 TDs, 18 INTs

76.5 QBR

Blaine Gabbert in 2011-2012:

24 Starts (no playoffs... not even remotely close, in fact.)

372/691 (53.8%)

3,876 yds

21 TDs, 17 INTs

70.2 QBR

Colts record since drafting Luck in 2012: 11-5

Jags record since drafting Gabbert in 2011: 7-25

I own my own business. If I had an agreement with my employee--- let's say I gave him my word that he was going to get a promotion in a month..... I would be annoyed with my employee if then told the other employees as well as the general public that I have him my word about something and he now can just hope I stick to it.

I wouldn't fire him. I wouldn't hate him. I wouldn't demote him or go back on my word or hold it against him forever. But I WOULD be annoyed.

RGIII is simply an honest cat who isn't afraid to say what's on his mind & isn't a political-speak cloney.  he speaks logically & with conviction.  unfortunately...this tact is above most of the plebs.

this is refreshing in ALL SPORTS.

media will spin to make stories...that is their job.

that is all.....nothing to see here....please move along.

I own my own business. If I had an agreement with my employee--- let's say I gave him my word that he was going to get a promotion in a month..... I would be annoyed with my employee if then told the other employees as well as the general public that I have him my word about something and he now can just hope I stick to it.

I wouldn't fire him. I wouldn't hate him. I wouldn't demote him or go back on my word or hold it against him forever. But I WOULD be annoyed.

& this is exactly where context is necessary.  NFL football for entertainment purposes with media in your face 24/7 is not packaging boxes or dispatching shipments.  TOTALLY different beast where his opinion is significant & necessary to understand the stories behind the curtain.

nothing he said is wrong, in fact.  i have a multitude of issues, as do the vast majority of my co-workers, with my job duties.  we often discuss these things publicly & privately.  at the end of the day....i do my job & i do it above the requirement of my duties.  if this is a problem...please blow up society.

the end.

That is a terrible trade for both teams, IMO.  Skins NEED KC, and to give up 2 picks AND a player 2.5 weeks before opener for a starting QB would be crazy for a team trading for him.  Drew Brees got a 2nd. 

Fair enough, but crazy? 

If your a head coach, and you have 3 pre season games left,  you know 100% you cant go anywhere with the QB's you have.......

Do you waste a full year waiting for KC... fighting with other trade offers, or do you pay the piper now, to have him start learning?

For this to happen, the team wanting KC now would have to step up big to get him. Outside chance this happens, for sure....

but crazy?

EDIT: a bit off topic, my org. point was KC might have something to do with Shan' & RGIII media games. 

This has turned DC almost into the same clown circus as when Turdsworth was here. Its one sound bite to the next. We went from worrying about him recovering to his return time table and now its camp RGIII vs camp coach. After the internal fallout from letting him play injured last season. Why would Shanny rush him back? We all love the kid. But sometimes father knows best. There is no rush. Its preseason. None of the games count. As far as Bob goes..... Its now time for us to meet Silent Bob. His ultra competitiveness could be his very own undoing. oDon't get me wrong, we all love his fighting spirit. We just understand franchise QBs don't drop out of the sky as if we were in Indy or San Fran. I'm tired of the dueling pressers and more concerned about the team as a whole.

I would hardly call him a Diva.

RG3 blamed everyont for his injury. Everyone means him as well. The kid seems smart, I'm pretty sure he knows it more than anyone. Does Shanny have any responsibilities in it? Yes. Does the doctors have also? Yes. Do they have more responsibilities than RG3 in this? That only depends on your conception of a coaching job. To me, I would say they share responsibilities. As well as doctors. And all are to blame. But anyway, RG3 didn't stated who was more to blame, except that everyone has it's share of responsibilites. Which is true, no matter how you think about this.

RG3 wants to play? I guessed it. If he wouldn't he would sound like Fat Al to many around here.

He's unhappy with not playing? That seemed obvious as well. Otherwise see above.

He's having weekly press conference?

So what... We're all waiting for info on his rehab, if he'll be ready for Week #1...

So, obviously again, we're asking for those weekly press conference. And Media aren't backing away from them b/c they'll earn money out of them...

So yeah. There's nothing new in them, b/c there's nothing more to announce b/c things evolves slowly. And you don't want to give any clue to any opponent out there as well.

Finally, I find you a little bit rough by calling RG3 a Diva and compairing him to TO. RG3 have yet to throw his coaches and teammates under the bus. Something a Diva is usually really fond off.

So, to me, no, I'm not gonna call RG3 a Diva yet. He's still far away from this right now.

Well .. at least I can agree with your first and last sentence.  :rolleyes:

Seriously is there anything that RG3 does that doesn't get blown out of proportion? :angry: The obviously wants to play because of his competitive nature. The media absolutely just loves to make something out of nothing. It's just insane.

You're only the 600th person to say this.

I agree with you, it'd just the nature of the beast of big media Washington and star QB

RGIII is outspoken! He likes to talk! It's who he is!! He's proud and he's the face of the Redskins.. Doesn't bother me in the least! And in this day and age of digital media Im sure he's not going to be the exception..

As for trading KC this year? I can't see it happening this year. Not until Shanny/Co. are sure RGIII's legs can take a full season of games w/o being reinjured.. I know it's not a comfortable subject, but he's had 2 major knee injuries already and he's 23 years old.. We need a solid backup on hand just incase.. For that reason alone, I think KC stays a Skin at least through 2013'.. (At least that's the smart thing to do, imo)

We all had this same feeling about Tom Brady at one point didn't we... when he was winning Super Bowls and gave his "pretty boy no-tell" conferences, we were all bleeding with agony and resentment towards him.  Don't even get me started with Belichick.

Be happy that Robert is making us relevant for the world to talk about us because I am seeing more and more DC awareness then ever.  I could care less about how arrogant, phony or snideful he may become because all that matters is the winning aspect.  When he has overstayed his welcome, then we'll move on to the next arrogant, phony or snideful showboat with hopes of continuing where Robert left off... that is real talk.

Adrian Peterson Is just as popular as RG3 and so is Eli Manning, yet we don't see these guys pop of everywhere.

RG3 intentionally seeks attention, making him a diva.

No one in this thread has yet been able to point to any player in the NFL who seeks more attention.

He doesn't seek it out. He just doesn't shy away....he's not scared of the spotlight. When the media eye is on other sports....RG3 progress was tough to come by. The occasional tweet about his rehab was awesome.    This time of year though everyone wants him.

Tebow effect. You've got to report about everything they do and your opinions of it because everyone else is doing it.

Archived