Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Is Prima Donna-Ish

truskinsfan18

the only problem ive EVER had with rg3 is that statement -that 'everyone has a little error' with his injury. especially after telling TW 'don't tell' when he got hurt vs seattle. (then later saying basically that sometimes the coach has to pull you out).

good to see him addressing the situation today.

I have never seen more complaining by Redskin fans, than I've seen this year. I haven't been a fan as long as some others, but I've been a fan my whole life.

The better the team, the more we complain.

We were essentially a dynasty in the 80s and I listened to fans call in to Ken Beatrice to complain about Gibbs' play-calling (run, run, pass) every week.

With success comes higher expectations.

Hard not to see most folks liking this effort on RG3's part whether they have any concerns or not. I did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-no-conflict-redskins-coach-220849016--nfl.html

From the same piece, a matter I alluded to in another post:

''Me and John Elway used to have knock-down, drag-out fights all the time. And that's part of being a competitor, and that's another reason you have great relationships with your quarterbacks.''

Even if there is tension (even serious tension at times) off and on over the years, you don't have to be 100% warm n fuzzy 100% of the time with your QBs (or vice versa) to win titles, including Lombardis. Think of the history.

While I completely agree and have no problems with that I'll admit that I'd prefer to hear about these "knock-down, drag-out fights" on "A Football Life: RG3" or at one of their Canton induction speeches when they're both retired than right now.  :)

I have zero problems with what he said yesterday and don't think he painted Shanahan into any corners. They have obviously come up with a plan that says if he does all the stuff asked with no setbacks, he will play. Why wouldn't he? He is our best option at quarterback and proved he is 100 percent ready to go. The coaches aren't going to back peddle if he passes all their tests and bench him. Again, he is our best option at QB and will have proven he's 100 percent healthy. I do think going forward it wouldn't hurt to throw out some coach speak, but that's only because the media is full of idiots. All I see is a player that wants to get out there and lead his teammates and is getting impatient. What do you think his teammates would think if he was half assing around talking about being happy he isnt playing or practicing during the pointless preseason while they are all working their tails off? It would cause resentment and people would think he was just getting the star treatment and he was milking it ala Clinton Portis. Instead he is doing the exact opposite and showing his teammates he hates not being there with them. RGIII a diva? Not even close. Just a guy that wants to get out there and get it done with his teammates.

I must not have reiterated enough throughout this thread how much I love RG3.

This post is in no way an indictment of RG3 as a football player. I'm glad we finally have a star at QB. Even I sometimes like the attention.

But you would be hard pressed to find a player in the NFL who is MORE of a diva than RG3.

No football player has done more commercials before ever playing a snap.

More extensive press conferences (his last press conference was very long, over 10 minutes I believe). That's just unnecessary, especially the actual things he said. 

Coupled with his twitter activity.

He is constantly wanting attention.  We already know this.  I am just providing several examples to prove this point in the OP and throughout the thread.

People on this board are truly afraid to say anything negative about RG3.  I probably have never said a bad thing about him until I started this thread.  I just finally had enough of the Diva act and I hope he can tone it down.

As a Redskins fan, I don't feel the need to say anything to criticize the guy.  I'm too happy to have him.  I'm surprised that someone else who is a Redskins fan would.

The Washington Capitals currently employ a 3x NHL MVP, but criticizing OV who has done at least as much for the Capitals franchise as RGIII has for the Redskins isn't far-fetched.  No Capitals fan should be under-appreciative of OV but does that mean he is above criticism, no.  The idea that you cannot criticize a player because he is good on the field is short-minded and foolish.

He's a rookie, and he's making rookie mistakes.  People are expecting too much of him......especially when it comes to the politics of this game.

This guy is the best thing to happen to this team in decades and all some of you can do is complain? Really? The first legitimate hope we've had of a Super Bowl title since the George H.W. Bush administration and you're worried about him being a diva?

Unbelievable.

This post is in no way an indictment of RG3 as a football player. I'm glad we finally have a star at QB. Even I sometimes like the attention.

But you would be hard pressed to find a player in the NFL who is MORE of a diva than RG3.

More extensive press conferences (his last press conference was very long, over 10 minutes I believe). That's just unnecessary, especially the actual things he said. 

He is constantly wanting attention.  We already know this.  I am just providing several examples to prove this point in the OP and throughout the thread.

People on this board are truly afraid to say anything negative about RG3.  I probably have never said a bad thing about him until I started this thread.  I just finally had enough of the Diva act and I hope he can tone it down.

Sorry man, it's your opinion, but that's bs if you ask me. I haven't seen anyone in here comment as though they are afraid to call RG3 out. I have friends that are all over twitter and FB all day (even my grandparents are on FB all day...LOL). That is simply the way our generation is today; it's all about social media. He's the most marketable athlete in the NFL right now. As has been stated already, his sponsors came to him; not the other way around. So claiming that his collection of commercials before ever taking a snap is part of being a diva, is complete nonsense.  He's still in his early 20's, man. He's got some maturing to do. But that absolutely does not make him a diva.

Sorry man, it's your opinion, but that's bs if you ask me. I haven't seen anyone in here comment as though they are afraid to call RG3 out. I have friends that are all over twitter and FB all day (even my grandparents are on FB all day...LOL). That is simply the way our generation is today; it's all about social media. He's the most marketable athlete in the NFL right now. As has been stated already, his sponsors came to him; not the other way around. So claiming that his collection of commercials before ever taking a snap is part of being a diva, is complete nonsense.  He's still in his early 20's, man. He's got some maturing to do. But that absolutely does not make him a diva.

:lol: Refer to page 5 of the thread.

A poster made this exact quote....

"As a Redskins fan, I don't feel the need to say anything to criticize the guy.  I'm too happy to have him.  I'm surprised that someone else who is a Redskins fan would".

Just ethered your post.  Now come back with some actual facts. :rolleyes:

Then I'll stand corrected on that single part of my post. I simply never saw it. But that still doesn't take away from the argument that being on twitter/facebook, and doing some commercials makes him a diva. Plenty of other players are on twitter every day. Does that make them divas? Both of the Manning brothers are constantly doing commercials and SNL skits. Does that make them divas? You can't challenge me to come back with facts when this entire argument is opinionated.

Edit: Don't take what I'm saying personally though. I simply disagree with your viewpoints. I have stated that I do not agree with RG3 being so outspoken and needs to learn to be more vague and political with his answers. I just don't see how that makes him a diva.

It's not that people are afraid to call him out, it's just what you are calling him out on is stupid. 

Then I'll stand corrected on that single part of my post. I simply never saw it. But that still doesn't take away from the argument that being on twitter/facebook, and doing some commercials makes him a diva. Plenty of other players are on twitter every day. Does that make them divas? Both of the Manning brothers are constantly doing commercials and SNL skits. Does that make them divas? You can't challenge me to come back with facts when this entire argument is opinionated.

Edit: Don't take what I'm saying personally though. I simply disagree with your viewpoints. I have stated that I do not agree with RG3 being so outspoken and needs to learn to be more vague and political with his answers. I just don't see how that makes him a diva.

If you can't at least compromise and admit he has a diva personality then you aren't looking at this objectively.

Name a player in the NFL who seeks attention more than RG3.

Why don't all of you posters that are opposing the OP name some players who are more "diva" than RG3?

Wouldn't that be a better way to oppose my OP?

It's not that people are afraid to call him out, it's just what you are calling him out on is stupid. 

It's the only negative characteristic that can be found on the guy.  It's worth discussing :) .

I don't feel that RG3 actively seeks attention, and thus I simply don't agree with you. I honestly don't believe he has a diva personality. In my opinion, TO had a diva personality; and he is nothing like TO. He seems like a down to earth type of guy who does all the same things a normal person does (with regards to twitter, facebook, and doing goofy stuff with his wife). Guess I'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I don't feel that RG3 actively seeks attention, and thus I simply don't agree with you. I honestly don't believe he has a diva personality. In my opinion, TO had a diva personality; and he is nothing like TO. He seems like a down to earth type of guy who does all the same things a normal person does (with regards to twitter, facebook, and doing goofy stuff with his wife). Guess I'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

It's fine I can see your viewpoint as well.

As to your point about him not seeking attention....does he take any steps/measures to stay out of the spotlight? I believe everything he has done to this point has been drawing attention to himself rather than deflecting attention. 

I still can't think of any player in the league who chooses to draw more attention to themselves.

If you can't at least compromise and admit he has a diva personality then you aren't looking at this objectively.

Why don't all of you posters that are opposing the OP name some players who are more "diva" than RG3?

>> 

It's the only negative characteristic that can be found on the guy.  It's worth discussing :) .

Not really. You're just playing yourself. Your'e telling people that you let the media do your thinking for you. They are asking the questions that they feel will generate the most controversy so they'll have something to talk about on their radio show or write about in their article. You're being led on a leash. I think you're naive and uninformed.  

I mean, you thought he called his own press conferences and you still seem to be inferring that he seeks attention out. The truth is he's sought after. People want to interview him. People want access. He doesn't have to go look for it. People look for him. 

I also don't think you're using the word diva right. 

But hey, you keep eating everything that is put on your plate by the talking heads and writers and posting smileys to show that you liked it. 

Has anyone seen the GQ cover of RG3?

I just saw it.

I believe that goes further in proving my OP to be correct. 

>>>> 

Not really. You're just playing yourself. Your'e telling people that you let the media do your thinking for you. They are asking the questions that they feel will generate the most controversy so they'll have something to talk about on their radio show or write about in their article. You're being led on a leash. I think you're naive and uninformed.  

I mean, you thought he called his own press conferences and you still seem to be inferring that he seeks attention out. The truth is he's sought after. People want to interview him. People want access. He doesn't have to go look for it. People look for him. 

I also don't think you're using the word diva right. 

But hey, you keep eating everything that is put on your plate by the talking heads and writers and posting smileys to show that you liked it. 

I really need to change the thread title for the people that lack common sense.

I am not using the word Diva in the literal sense.  Anyone moderately intelligent can comprehend that. 

If people don't know what I mean when I say Diva....

He simply doesn't need to have weekly press conferences when he is not playing in games.  Whether or not he is calling them is not known.  He could limit his press conferences to three minutes if he wanted.  He chooses to have 15 minute press conferences going into explicit detail about everything. 

Has anyone seen the GQ cover of RG3?

I just saw it.

I believe that goes further in proving my OP to be correct. 

So you think Griffin called up GQ and said, hey I want to do an interview and I want to be on your cover?

You're out of touch with how the world of sports works. 

I don't think that at all.

It just further proves the OP that he makes NO effort to stay OUT of the spotlight. 

None whatsoever. 

At a time when he isn't even taking practice snaps, he still wants to be center of attention.

While Cousins lights it up and manages to stay low-key.

Do a GQ cover after you win the superbowl.

Your'e telling people that you let the media do your thinking for you.

They are asking the questions that they feel will generate the most

controversy so they'll have something to talk about on their radio show

or write about in their article. You're being led on a leash.

Hit the nail on the head.

The entire OP is a judgement and bash on a personality trait, and has no endgame in a forum other than to diminish ones character, and/or troll.

Let's stop feeding the troll people.

Your'e telling people that you let the media do your thinking for you.

They are asking the questions that they feel will generate the most

controversy so they'll have something to talk about on their radio show

or write about in their article. You're being led on a leash.

Hit the nail on the head.

The entire OP is a judgement and bash on a personality trait, and has no endgame in a forum other than to diminish ones character, and/or troll.

Let's stop feeding the troll people.

Read the OP.  Diminish his character?  I named 5 positive character traits of him.  One negative. 

People really need to learn to read and not skim things. 

I say one negative thing about him, and now I'm diminishing his character?

People care about him being on magazine covers. Trololol.

I care about touchdown passes and wins.

No one said they don't care about touchdown passes and wins.

At least some people gave intelligent responses to the OP that actually are valid.

Some people are just reading the thread title and giving responses.

Archived