Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Is Prima Donna-Ish

truskinsfan18

That doesnt make my point less valid.

It does, because if you saw my earlier post I said it isn't just one thing that portrays RG3 as a Diva.

It's the combination of a bunch of things he has done that warrant calling him a Diva. 

The GQ cover is just icing on the cake, that further proves the OP as valid.  He isn't doing the GQ cover for the money.  He is already making tons on endorsements.  The GQ cover is simply seeking attention. 

When Tom Brady does a GQ cover, it's perfectly fine.  He has 3 rings. He deserves to bask in his own glory.

RG3 was doing this sort of stuff even before he took a snap. 

Your'e telling people that you let the media do your thinking for you.

They are asking the questions that they feel will generate the most

controversy so they'll have something to talk about on their radio show

or write about in their article. You're being led on a leash.

Hit the nail on the head.

The entire OP is a judgement and bash on a personality trait, and has no endgame in a forum other than to diminish ones character, and/or troll.

Let's stop feeding the troll people.

Read the OP.  Diminish his character?  I named 5 positive character traits of him.  One negative. 

People really need to learn to read and not skim things. 

I say one negative thing about him, and now I'm diminishing his character?

The topic title is literally an insult.  I dont care if you listed 138124 things that were positive.  That makes my point even more true.

The fact that you're discussing ONE negative, which is out of sheer judgement and speculation, and has no application to on-field football, is just trolling on a football forum.

Ah dangit More trolling... LOL

Your'e telling people that you let the media do your thinking for you.

They are asking the questions that they feel will generate the most

controversy so they'll have something to talk about on their radio show

or write about in their article. You're being led on a leash.

Hit the nail on the head.

The entire OP is a judgement and bash on a personality trait, and has no endgame in a forum other than to diminish ones character, and/or troll.

Let's stop feeding the troll people.

Read the OP.  Diminish his character?  I named 5 positive character traits of him.  One negative. 

People really need to learn to read and not skim things. 

I say one negative thing about him, and now I'm diminishing his character?

The topic title is literally an insult.  I dont care if you listed 138124 things that were positive.  That makes my point even more true.

The fact that you're discussing ONE negative, which is out of sheer judgement and speculation, and has no application to on-field football, is just trolling on a football forum.

Ah dangit More trolling... LOL

Sheer speculation?  I provided a quote of him that several other posters have cringed at.  For him to put any blame on anyone for his injury shows a lack of character in that situation. 

He wants to rush himself back into the preseason and criticizes his coach for holding him back. 

And then he complains how Mike Shanahan was partly to blame because he rushed him back too quickly? He can't have it both ways.

That is hypocritical in the purest form.  If you can't agree with that, than you are in for a long difficult life of disappointment. 

I just saw something on NFL Network saying RG3 has spoken out on Rob Parker losing his job.  7 months after the matter.  If that is not seeking attention, than I don't know what is.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229390/article/robert-griffin-iii-not-happy-rob-parker-lost-espn-job

My OP is getting more and more valid by the day. 

The guy makes no effort at staying low-key. 

He is the definition of a Diva.  Case closed. 

And I still love the guy and hope he plays for us 15+ years. 

You guys need to relax. It's RG III. No matter what the guy says, it's going to be  reported and spun and twisted.  This is the era we are in now people. The era where people care about this team. Nobody gave a damn about this team before he got here and nobody liked it. We got no national games, nobody reported anything we did except Haynesworth debacles. Now we have the most nationally televised games and people care. Well this is what happens.  Greg jennings has been talking crap about Rodgers for weeks and he's supposed to be the best QB in the business. Griffin and Shanny are having a difference of opinion and now Robert's a diva.  Relax. Once the season starts, this will all come to an end. It's just the dead time of Robert wanting to play and not being able to due to the plan. 

Sheer speculation?  I provided a quote of him that several other posters

have cringed at.  For him to put any blame on anyone for his injury

shows a lack of character in that situation.

Lack of character?

"At the end of the day, what anybody wants to say about who’s to blame,

whose responsibility it is, it doesn’t really matter whose

responsibility it is."

"...If that happened again, I’d come out of the game and sit until I was 100% healthy."

"You try to avoid controversy as much as you can, while at the same time, making sure people understand that, everyone understands what happened... It doesn’t really matter who’s to blame..."

All quotes from Rg3 post-injury...

Tell me that sounds like a diva? Sounds like a professional to me. 

And right back at ya, your OP without his other quotes is hypocritical and trolling in the purest form.  If you can't agree with that, than you are in for a long difficult life of disappointment.

Keep letting TMZ and ESPN run your opinions...  BOOM, headshot.  I'm out.

Sheer speculation?  I provided a quote of him that several other posters

have cringed at.  For him to put any blame on anyone for his injury

shows a lack of character in that situation.

Lack of character?

"At the end of the day, what anybody wants to say about who’s to blame,

whose responsibility it is, it doesn’t really matter whose

responsibility it is."

"...If that happened again, I’d come out of the game and sit until I was 100% healthy."

"You try to avoid controversy as much as you can, while at the same time, making sure people understand that, everyone understands what happened... It doesn’t really matter who’s to blame..."

All quotes from Rg3 post-injury...

Tell me that sounds like a diva? Sounds like a professional to me.

Doesn't take away from the specific quote I am citing. 10 positive quotes can be tainted by one negative one.  Ask the President of the U.S. 

I've come to realize that Redskins fans don't deserve a future HOF head coach, an all-pro franchise QB, or a winning team All we do is moan and complain about the most mundane things. We over analyze everything that comes out of Richmond/Ashburn like teenage girls. I'm truly embarrassed to be a Skins fan right now. I'm more embarrassed now than I was after Jim Zorns swinging gate play.

Absolutely revolting.

I've come to realize that Redskins fans don't deserve a future HOF head coach, an all-pro franchise QB, or a winning team All we do is moan and complain about the most mundane things. We over analyze everything that comes out of Richmond/Ashburn like teenage girls. I'm truly embarrassed to be a Skins fan right now. I'm more embarrassed now than I was after Jim Zorns swinging gate play.

Absolutely revolting.

So we can't be critical at all of anything they do? 

Your "future HOF" coach put our "all-pro" QB in a position to ruin his career through playing injured.  And our "All-pro" QB was 99% responsible for doing this.

Then, this same QB comes out in the media and completely contradicts himself while throwing his "future HOF" coach under the bus.

If we don't deserve these guys because we feel the need to discuss this, then so be it.

This is the most ridiculous response I've heard, and your not the only one.

It's a freakin' message board.  This is what we do. 

Doesn't take away from the specific quote I am citing. 10 positive

quotes can be tainted by one negative one.  Ask the President of the

U.S.

Haha, now youre comparing a player of a football team to the president of the United States.

Dude, look where your head is at... Companies like ESPN, MTV, TMZ, E! etc are eating you alive.

I just saw something on NFL Network saying RG3 has spoken out on Rob Parker losing his job.  7 months after the matter.  If that is not seeking attention, than I don't know what is.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229390/article/robert-griffin-iii-not-happy-rob-parker-lost-espn-job

Don't be stupid.

Face palm.

This piece from NFL.com was pulled from an interview RGIII had in GQ magazine. The writer from GQ asked him about the incident. Its not like Robert decided this morning "Hey, I want more attention, I think I'll talk about Rob Parker today!"

- Embarrassed skins fan

Doesn't take away from the specific quote I am citing. 10 positive

quotes can be tainted by one negative one.  Ask the President of the

U.S.

Haha, now youre comparing a player of a football team to the president of the United States.

Dude, look where your head is at... Companies like ESPN, MTV, TMZ, E! etc are eating you alive.

I never compared RG3 to the president.  Learn to read bro.

I said that 10 positive quotes can easily be tainted by one negative quote.  That applies whether you are WeBB15, Rg3, or the President. 

>I just saw something on NFL Network saying RG3 has spoken out on Rob Parker losing his job.  7 months after the matter.  If that is not seeking attention, than I don't know what is.

Don't be stupid.

Face palm.

This piece from NFL.com was pulled from an interview RGIII had in GQ magazine. The writer from GQ asked him about the incident. Its not like Robert decided this morning "Hey, I want more attention, I think I'll talk about Rob Parker today!"

- Embarrassed skins fan

Ok I'll take the loss on that one.  I was misinformed.  RG3 had no choice but to response if that was the case. 

Absolutely revolting.

So we can't be critical at all of anything they do? 

Your "future HOF" coach put our "all-pro" QB in a position to ruin his career through playing injured.  And our "All-pro" QB was 99% responsible for doing this.

Then, this same QB comes out in the media and completely contradicts himself while throwing his "future HOF" coach under the bus.

If we don't deserve these guys because we feel the need to discuss this, then so be it.

This is the most ridiculous response I've heard, and your not the only one.

It's a freakin' message board.  This is what we do. 

Sure you can be critical but your being speculative based on sound bytes and media opinions. Please, put down the UnWise Mike column and think for yourself.

RG3 is a diva because:

1) He tweets. As if other grown ass men like Kobe or Rodgers dont tweet much less a kid fresh out of college. It's the generation we live in. I fail to see how that makes one a "diva."

2) He has weekly press conferences. Nevermind the fact that the team and NFL mandate these. Once that was brought to your attention and ruined your point you are now attacking how long his press confereces are. They shouldn't be 10-15 minutes with thorough answers, they should instead be the much more commonly accepted un-diva like press conference of 2-3 minutes because, well you said so.

3) He has endorsements and magazine covers. I'm sorry please point me to not just an athlete but any person that turns down easy money. lmao. Sorry I guess if you were 23 and got a huge bonus at work you would turn it down because you hadn't paid your dues or won a few Employee of the Year awards first. Guess what, you're a diva.

4) RG3 doesn't run and hide or go Kanye West and break cameras when people approach him with questions. I assume that is what you want him to do because clearly being hospitable and outgoing and honest with the hundreds of people that constantly want to interview him makes him a spotlight seeking attention whore.

He is the most popular player in the NFL. He is becoming the face of the league. I get that you guys aren't used to this from the Redskins but you don't have to try poking holes in flaws that aren't there.

So to sum up, RG3 is a diva because he is a normal 23 year old kid who happens to be immensely popular, good hearted and honest. give me a break.

RG3 is a diva because:

1) He tweets. As if other grown ass men like Kobe or Rodgers dont tweet much less a kid fresh out of college. It's the generation we live in. I fail to see how that makes one a "diva."

2) He has weekly press conferences. Nevermind the fact that the team and NFL mandate these. Once that was brought to your attention and ruined your point you are now attacking how long his press confereces are. They shouldn't be 10-15 minutes with thorough answers, they should instead be the much more commonly accepted un-diva like press conference of 2-3 minutes because, well you said so.

3) He has endorsements and magazine covers. I'm sorry please point me to not just an athlete but any person that turns down easy money. lmao. Sorry I guess if you were 23 and got a huge bonus at work you would turn it down because you hadn't paid your dues or won a few Employee of the Year awards first. Guess what, you're a diva.

4) RG3 doesn't run and hide or go Kanye West and break cameras when people approach him with questions. I assume that is what you want him to do because clearly being hospitable and outgoing and honest with the hundreds of people that constantly want to interview him makes him a spotlight seeking attention whore.

He is the most popular player in the NFL. He is becoming the face of the league. I get that you guys aren't used to this from the Redskins but you don't have to try poking holes in flaws that aren't there.

So to sum up, RG3 is a diva because he is a normal 23 year old kid who happens to be immensely popular, good hearted and honest. give me a break.

Andrew Luck is around 23.

How often do we read about his tweets?

Commercials? Press conferences? Rap videos on youtube? GQ Covers?

And he is just as good/popular as RG3. 

He just chooses not to seek attention constantly.

RG3 is a diva because:

Luck doesn't play in DC. Luck isn't debated in national circles based on his race and how "black he is." RG III and Luck are not even in the same ballpark as far as coverage and that's not based on Robert's "tweets". I don't think Robert sought attention when he was called a "Cornball Brother" or all the crap McNabb continues to say.   

That's because Andrew Luck is boring and doesn't move the needle so nobody seeks him out or examines his every syllable like they do RG3. Conpletely different.

And some people just don't tweet. I don't have a Facebook and I'm 26 but I don't fault the 500 million people who do or think they are divas. Just because some people aret active on twitter doesn't mean that those who are should be criticized for it.

Rap videos? Didnt Eli and Peyton just make one? Its ok for 30+ year old men to do that though because they have won some SBs? Is that really your logic? I have no problem with RG3 making some stupid rap video with his new wife.

Curiously have you ever shared a family video on Facebook or with coworkers or anyone that wasnt included in said video? That's essentially all RG3 did because that's all social media is. Sorry some of you guys don't get it and think it's attention seeking. You come across as old geezers telling their grand kids to turn down the devils music Beatles back in the day.

You fail to grasp the fact that RG3 has all these endorsements/opportunities is because he is so incredibly popular yet also fun, outgoing, polite and well spoken. He is a charismatic and a magent for press. Luck is not. If RG3 turned all the people and opportunities down you'd be posting threads about how much of an asshole our QB is.

I'll go ahead and just shut this last part of your argument down since I already made you think twice about trying to use a quote to call him out, and failed miserably at that... so here we go...

Commercials? Um, I see tons of players, college, pro, amateur, kids, etc in commercials. That has nothing to do with being a diva.  Sounds like a good business decision to me as long as he's having fun... Next...

Press conferences?  Every single player talks to the media after practice. This has nothing to do with being a diva.  Normal.

Rap videos?  So him having fun with his family and friends singing silly songs, and shares it with his fans, and now that makes him a diva, sounds like he knows how to have fun and be normal to me.

GQ cover? Sounds like taking advantage of another business decision to me.  Using his interest in fashion and sportsmanship all in one deal. 

You can reach with your judgments all day on his decisions on life and business, but really calling him a "diva" and an attention seeker is just name-calling in the end.  Because even if in the best scenario, and youre right, it literally means nothing anyways.  Its just name calling.  There is no credibility you will attain, no knowledge you are sharing, nothing happens with this. Really, it just makes you look like a incompetent judgemental fan, who watches too much TV, and needs attention yourself. 

*And yes I realize I am insulting you in the next breath when I say namecalling means nothing, but the difference with me is, I am not starting a topic about it and exhaustively defending how incompetent you are, as you are with your OP and latter posts :)

I'll go ahead and just shut this last part of your argument down since I already made you think twice about trying to use a quote to call him out, and failed miserably at that... so here we go...

Commercials? Um, I see tons of players, college, pro, amateur, kids, etc in commercials. That has nothing to do with being a diva.  Sounds like a good business decision to me as long as he's having fun... Next...

Press conferences?  Every single player talks to the media after practice. This has nothing to do with being a diva.  Normal.

Rap videos?  So him having fun with his family and friends singing silly songs, and shares it with his fans, and now that makes him a diva, sounds like he knows how to have fun and be normal to me.

GQ cover? Sounds like taking advantage of another business decision to me.  Using his interest in fashion and sportsmanship all in one deal. 

You can reach with your judgments all day on his decisions on life and business, but really calling him a "diva" and an attention seeker is just name-calling in the end.  Because even if in the best scenario, and youre right, it literally means nothing anyways.  Its just name calling.  There is no credibility you will attain, no knowledge you are sharing, nothing happens with this. Really, it just makes you look like a incompetent judgemental fan, who watches too much TV, and needs attention yourself.

He'll root for him on Sundays though and if we win the division, he'll say he had RG III's back all along...

Every time somebody shoots down one of his points he ignores it or changes the argument. His mind is made up. He wants RG3 to be a diva for some reason. I guess RG3 doesnt fit his perfect ideal athlete image he wants his QB to have, though, with the criteria he sets forth, I would think every athlete would be a diva. Sad really.

RG3 is a diva because:

You must hate Peyton Manning. And Tom Brady. And Kobe Bryant. And Derek Jeter. And *insert any big and POPULAR athlete*

And you're insane if you think Luck is as popular as Griff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdOBtZc1bU

Those Manning brothers are such divas....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw0IEM-zIKE

Tom Brady is such a diva....

I just wish I knew how we ended up with a team so full of spotlight seeking drama queen attention whores.

I mean just yesterday in a shameless act of self promotion, Kirk Cousins held a radio interview in which he complained that it was tough taking a backseat. I see he is active on twitter too sending pics and providing updates of what he is eating/doing at camp. As if we care, but he just won't stop throwing himself into the spotlight.

Moss a few days ago scheduled an impromptu press conference to confess his support of the way Mike Shanahan is handling RG3. Clearly this is driving a wooden stake directly between the heart of the relationship between QB/WR so I wouldn't expect a lot of 3rd down conversions for Moss this year. He is firmly on the coaching staff side of this ever escalating RG3 VS coaches war.

Niles Paul posted a photo of him on the beach shirtless this summer on his instagram. I don't remember Shannon Sharpe doing that until well after he had won a couple Super Bowls and had entered discussion of the greatest TE ever.

Orakpo was on magazine covers as a rookie...and then when he injures himself he has the nerve to stay on the sideline all season instead od the booth so he can be a distraction and remind everyone this is still "his defense" lest anyone forget while he is injured. I think he hated seeing Rob Jackson succeed and secretly wanted us to lose with him than win without him.

My only hope is somehow Shanahan can weed out this disgusting diva mentality from the team. It starts by cutting these players directly. I'd much prefer emotionless manchurian candidate football players to these hipster new age diva players currently infecting the team.

That doesnt make my point less valid.

It does, because if you saw my earlier post I said it isn't just one thing that portrays RG3 as a Diva.

It's the combination of a bunch of things he has done that warrant calling him a Diva.

The GQ cover is just icing on the cake, that further proves the OP as valid. He isn't doing the GQ cover for the money. He is already making tons on endorsements. The GQ cover is simply seeking attention.

When Tom Brady does a GQ cover, it's perfectly fine. He has 3 rings. He deserves to bask in his own glory.

RG3 was doing this sort of stuff even before he took a snap.

Are you serious? So if you were popular around the world and GQ called you to do the cover you would decline? Right. The guy is living his life and building his brand for the future. NFL careers are short and people have to cash in while they can. Let it go.

RG3 is a diva because:

He is boring. Have you heard him speak?

Archived