Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Is Prima Donna-Ish

truskinsfan18

Luck is nowhere close to RG3's level. He never should have been in the discussion for ROY. Just RG and WIlson.

Luck's more Blaine Gabbert/Sex Cannon than QB wunderkind at this point. Plus he looks and talks like the lovechild of Andre the Giant and Uncle Fester.

I'd have to disagree with you.  Different styles but top level for both.  RGIII is more of a diva though.  I hope his need for the spotlight  doesn't become bigger than the team's goals.  Hopefully, Shanny can keep him in place.

I think RG3 and Shanny might be playing us.

It just occured to me today.  Every time Mike is about to move up Griffin's workload Griffin steps up a day before or so and says I'm ready to make this big leap in rehab.  And then coach says no, you'll take this minor step up.  So Griffin shows he's ready, that he'll ultimately listen to the coach and that Shanahan is not pushing him to far to fast.

When RGIII goes out on MNF and does his part in stomping the Eagles, he will go to the sideline and embrace Shanahan after each score, and this entire story will be gone and dead.

When has a 'Skins QB NOT been embroiled in this type of attention?  RGIII's level is beyond what we've seen before because he is the best chance this franchise has at being led to a Superbowl title since Mark Rypien pulled a rabbit out of his hat.  Since then there is not a single QB this team has been actually excited about not only before they ever took a snap, but after seeing what he did in his first season.

Of course the over-analysis on every single move, word, gesture, etc etc was going to happen. OF COURSE IT WOULD.  This is what happens in a 24 hour news cycle. These media folks sit and wait, bide their time until a young man acts like a young man, and then they pounce.

This entire issue is an Offseason issue and will go away in about a month's time.

I just love

Adrian Peterson Is just as popular as RG3 and so is Eli Manning, yet we don't see these guys pop of everywhere.

RG3 intentionally seeks attention, making him a diva.

No one in this thread has yet been able to point to any player in the NFL who seeks more attention.

I just love the fact that we have been begging for a franchise QB for the last 20+ years.  Now that we finally got one (and a great back-up as well), let us all call him diva because...you know, he's not boring like *ahem* Luck, and he gets a lot of attention. 

(By the way, I CANNOT wait to see how this board blows up if we *knock on wood* loses to the Iggles on opener)

Yeah I doubt there would be widespread calls for RG3's head if we lose...even if we lose bad. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out a little rusty. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if he came out and tore it up right out of the gate as well.

Although, if Luck and Wilson play well and RG3 doesn't you know the internet will explode with stupid from both of those fanbases about how they told everyone last year that Griff was overrated and yadda yadda and this proves it. Though, to be honest, I have a feeling that will happen at any point this season where we lose and they win.

I've honestly never seen such a couple of insecure fanbases.

I think calling RG3 a prima dona or a diva is a bit harsh.  Yes, he likes being in front of the camera, but he is a fresh face that is refreshing in this sport full of megalomaniacs.

What needs to happen is the fans need to tone down the RG3 chants every time he scratches his ass.  This will only enlarge his ego and it could turn bad, although I don't predict that happening.

I don't want to see another Van Halen/David Lee Roth thing happening with this team in a year or two.

Ok. 

This thread makes us look stupid.  Makes it look like Redskins fans weren't ready for success, or don't know what it is.  Stop it.

Success?  I'm thrilled with the progress we have made, and I am glad to have a franchise QB for once.

But we haven't even won a playoff game. 

Mark Brunell accomplished more than RG3 in Washington so far.

I own my own business. If I had an agreement with my employee--- let's say I gave him my word that he was going to get a promotion in a month..... I would be annoyed with my employee if then told the other employees as well as the general public that I have him my word about something and he now can just hope I stick to it.

I wouldn't fire him. I wouldn't hate him. I wouldn't demote him or go back on my word or hold it against him forever. But I WOULD be annoyed.

It's not the same though, this is football and Griffin is our best QB. If he does everything asked with no setbacks there is no reason for Shanahan to hold him out. Why would you hold out our franchise player that is 100 percent healthy and did everything he was asked to do? There is no reason so I don't see why it's such a big deal he said anything other than keeping the eagles guessing who was going to start, and if they are coached well they would be preparing for both Cousins and Griffin anyways.

Adrian Peterson Is just as popular as RG3 and so is Eli Manning, yet we don't see these guys pop of everywhere.

RG3 intentionally seeks attention, making him a diva.

No one in this thread has yet been able to point to any player in the NFL who seeks more attention.

You're kidding right...every week Peterson quotes are on SportsCenter...."I'll break Emmitt Smith's record in 2017"..."When people say I used HGH, it makes me feel good"....etc etc.  Eli Manning just dressed up as an 80s B-Boy rapping with his brother.  Make no mistake, RG3 does get tons of press, but the blame should be on the media not him.  The people love him so the media give the people what they want...as much news and commercials with RG3 as possible.  Why?  The big buck, baby, the big buck.

In a very ironic way, the OP has been proven correct...kind of :)

His overall sentiment/idea has value and is worth discussion....I believe there is some serious legitimacy in the majority of what he was trying to convey.

However, he made a poor choice in his use of language. By using the term "diva" and sticking to it, he has derailed his own argument. Had he simply titled the thread a bit less loudly and gone with something like.."Is It Time For RG3 to Chill?" then my suspicion is that the thread wouldn't have irked so many posters the way it did.

Language matters. Words matter. I think the lesson the OP can learn from this is the same one that I hope RG3 learns.

It's not the same though, this is football and Griffin is our best QB. If he does everything asked with no setbacks there is no reason for Shanahan to hold him out. Why would you hold out our franchise player that is 100 percent healthy and did everything he was asked to do? There is no reason so I don't see why it's such a big deal he said anything other than keeping the eagles guessing who was going to start, and if they are coached well they would be preparing for both Cousins and Griffin anyway

There is no reason for RG3 to say that out loud....now he plants the seed that Shanny made a promise to him and now everyone knows it and is curious to see if Shanny will "keep his word" to RG3. And I think it will be fair of the media to continually ask RG3 if Shanny is keeping his word....RG3 said himself he "hopes" he keeps his word, so it makes sense that people will keep asking him about it. And that's the point, he just said entirely too much. And then to feel the need to show up again to announce there ISN'T a rift was also unnecessary. He just needs to chill out.

This thread is a perfect example of a Redskins fan who really doesn't venture outside of the Skins' bubble and observe the league as a whole.

If the large majority of your NFL experiences revolved around ES, twitter and local DC radio, you're getting a distorted and warped view of reality. The things that seem to be worthy of threads and arguments every hour on the hour barely register on your radar if you step outside the confines of internet message boards and sports radio. You hear about it, yes, but it's far less of a drumbeat. The reality is, in "real" life people don't give a **** about any of this.

Spend about 6 months away from all Redskins-related message boards (don't even lurk)...you'll be surprised at how minor all the "diva" aspect of RG3 end up being. It won't be a topic of conversation and if you do bring it up the convo will be VERY short.

This thread is a perfect example of a Redskins fan who really doesn't venture outside of the Skins' bubble and observe the league as a whole.

If the large majority of your NFL experiences revolved around ES, twitter and local DC radio, you're getting a distorted and warped view of reality. The things that seem to be worthy of threads and arguments every hour on the hour barely register on your radar if you step outside the confines of internet message boards and sports radio. You hear about it, yes, but it's far less of a drumbeat. The reality is, in "real" life people don't give a **** about any of this.

Spend about 6 months away from all Redskins-related message boards (don't even lurk)...you'll be surprised at how minor all the "diva" aspect of RG3 end up being. It won't be a topic of conversation and if you do bring it up the convo will be VERY short.

I made this thread before reading any media perceptions of this topic.

I made this thread right after I saw every minute of the press conference.  Then, I typed my thoughts into the OP considering the full context of RG3.

I am well aware of a lot of NFL action not limited to the Redskins.  I truly feel RG3 is a person who seeks attention and may even care more about his success than the team success (which I doubt, but he has shown 2 different occasions that hint towards it).

I think a lot of the fanbase say 30ish and younger aren't used to seeing this franchise with an elite franchise QB who is not only good at the position but popular and marketable as a star.

I am 33 years old, so other than Brunell's decent 2005 season I haven't seen a QB on this team play like this since Mark Rypien and I was only 11/12ish for that so it is just a blip of a memory.

It's like we have finally have what we have always coveted and we don't know how to handle it.  You see some of the other fortunate franchises who have gone from one elite QB to the next.  Chargers come to mind. They are accustomed to having that position locked up as an after-thought. We are so besides ourselves that it has finally happened here that we just can't allow some of these small things to slide. It has to be 24/7 magnifying glass coverage.

Again though, there is no reason for him not to keep his word if there are no setbacks. So what's the big deal other the media being full of idiots? He hasn't put Shanahan in any sort of tight spot. I'm sure Shanahan is hoping for no set backs so he can start him week one more than anyone. I think the only ones that care are people that are over analyzing and the media because thats what they do. I'm going to go ahead and back out of this thread now so I can fall off the front page.

Archived