Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rg3 Is Prima Donna-Ish

truskinsfan18

Been a member since 2005, and I rarely post or make a thread...although I always read the forum.

This is not even the main point of the thread, but I cringed when RG3 mentioned during his press conference that there were other people responsible for his injury. The exact quote was "Everybody had a little error in what happened in that situation". Really?  Why mention that?  It only causes problems with media perception.

Although Shanahan was responsible, the last person who should point blame at other people is RG3.  He insisted.  He begged. He pleaded in order to get back on the field after his injury. He continued to insist that he was "healthy" and should have played.  He is a grown man, and should be held 90% responsible for his actions.  Did Shanahan deserve blame? Yes, but about 2% of the blame. 

On to the point about the being a diva. Why does he feel the need to hold a press conference to tell the media about how "I am not playing in the preseason"? If he is not playing in games, he should stop having these weekly press conferences.  This was not a scheduled(necessary) press conference. He wants to seek attention.  RG3 is an attention whore, simple as that. 

This takes nothing away from his dedication, perseverance, hard-working mentality, all-world talent, or his competitive desire.

This is only to point out that RG3 is, in-fact, a Diva.  Almost as much as Terrell Owens. 

RG3 has put Mike Shanahan in bad positions with the media several times. 

It's seven minutes since the OP -- so, I'm going to sit back and watch the comments roll in. 

It's a courageous post -- not going to be popular.

My take?  With all the hype around Griffin III, even silence by Robert would create media spin.

Still, all this media glare may be hard to handle on a daily basis, even for the most mature of 23 year old athletes..

As I said -- this thread could get really interesting.

I also left this out of the OP....

Does anyone remember two weeks ago how RG3 said he DIDN'T need preseason?

And now he is PLEADING to play in the preseason?

I LOVE RG3.  I'm just stating the facts, because people let their admiration for RG3 to cloud their judgment.

I LOVE RG3.  I'm just stating the facts, because people let their admiration for RG3 to cloud their judgment.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. When he said he'd be ready without preseason, a whole group of pundits went on off saying how horrible it looks. Now he's saying he wants to go in and will get a bunch of negativity too. What would you do in that situation?

He is typically humble but confident. What he said wasn't putting all the blame on the coaches or doctors and none on him. I think he was simply trying to answer the best way possible after talking about this for the past 7 months straight.

Calling him a Diva over this? A diva-like reaction to a single answer.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. When he said he'd be ready without preseason, a whole group of pundits went on off saying how horrible it looks. Now he's saying he wants to go in and will get a bunch of negativity too. What would you do in that situation?

He is typically humble but confident. What he said wasn't putting all the blame on the coaches or doctors and none on him. I think he was simply trying to answer the best way possible after talking about this for the past 7 months straight.

Not just a single answer.  He has chosen to hold many unnecessary press conferences.

And I never said he was putting "all the blame" on coaches and doctors.  Based on the context of his statement, he may feel that himself, coaches, and doctors are equally responsible. 

And let me clarify.  I don't think there is any "conflict" between him or his coaches and teammates.  I am ONLY stating that he is a diva.

On to the point about the being a diva. Why does he feel the need to hold a press conference to tell the media about how "I am NOT playing in the preseason"? If he is not playing in games, he should stop having these weekly press conferences.  This was not a scheduled press conference.

Is that what he did?...I could have sworn it was a member of the media asking him a question about playing in the preseason and he just answered it. I didn't realize he ushered in a bunch of journalists for the sole purpose of announcing that he is not playing in the preseason--something he's already told them weeks before, by the way lol...

Also, if the press conferences are "weekly press conferences", then it was indeed a scheduled press conference. ;)

I have never been as excited about a player like I have been about Rg3, but I'll be the first to say...he needs to shut up! He's starting to annoy me. I'm tired of hearing about his drama and him being unhappy about something. He needs to get healthy and listen to his coach. The writing is on the wall...him and Shanahan can't coexist. We will be seeking a new coach sooner rather than later.

The OP is gonna get crushed in this thread, but there is some merit here. I know a lot of people who do not like RG3 personally--- they think he is a phony and a massive egotist with the pressers, social media posts/pics/videos, etc.

Less intense than that, what you will start to see is some RG3 fatigue. The commercials, the Sportscenter stories, etc Some fans (especially opposing NFCE fans) will start to get sick of seeing him-- and it will only get worse the better the team plays because it will then be mixed with competitive frustration.

I'm indifferent overall--- I see both sides. RG3 played like a franchise savior last year and that is all I care about. I think he is a genuinely good guy and a good natural leader. But I do see where he could be perceived as a little phony/cheesy and possibly basking in all the attention. My only real concern is that his teammates don't develop any resentment towards him. Lets face it--- lots of young millionaires with big ego's---- there is bound to be a few issues under the surface and I think it might be wise for RG3 to back off a little bit at this point.

He said he didn't need to play preseason before they started playing. He see's them on the field and misses the game what do you expect? Is he outspoken yea, but i don't think he puts himself over the rest of the team like a TO.

He doesn't put himself over the team?

When he got hurt in Seattle, he knew, I knew, you knew, and even my dog knew we had NO chance with him in that state of health.

HE wanted to be the one to win us the superbowl  No one, but him.  Even if it meant us NOT winning the superbowl

I still firmly believe we could have won that game with Kirk Cousins.  RG3 knows we could have won that game with Kirk Cousins. 

I have never been as excited about a player like I have been about Rg3, but I'll be the first to say...he needs to shut up! He's starting to annoy me. I'm tired of hearing about his drama and him being unhappy about something. He needs to get healthy and listen to his coach. The writing is on the wall...him and Shanahan can't coexist. We will be seeking a new coach sooner rather than later.

Did you actually watch the presser? Because there's no way in hell anyone would characterize his comments as "hearing about his drama and him being unhappy" if they did.

On to the point about the being a diva. Why does he feel the need to hold a press conference to tell the media about how "I am NOT playing in the preseason"? If he is not playing in games, he should stop having these weekly press conferences.  This was not a scheduled press conference.

Is that what he did?...I could have sworn it was a member of the media asking him a question about playing in the preseason and he just answered it. I didn't realize he ushered in a bunch of journalists for the sole purpose of announcing that he is not playing in the preseason--something he's already told them weeks before, by the way lol...

Also, if the press conferences are "weekly press conferences", then it was indeed a scheduled press conference. ;)

Didn't he address the media following the game?  This press conference was not scheduled to the best of my knowledge. 

Did you actually watch the presser? Because there's no way in hell anyone would characterize his comments as "hearing about his drama and him being unhappy" if they did.

Even though your post wasn't directed at me, I want to clarify that I never said RG3 was unhappy or that there is a conflict between him and Shanahan. 

I'm not going to bash the OP. Honestly I'd prefer he had a quiet off season, but he's confident and knows how to handle himself with the media. *Sign*.... Football just can't get here fast enough.

Well he doesn't know how to handle the media as well as Coach Gibbs or Shanahan do. 

He says way too much.  Too much disclosure. 

He needs to learn "coach speak", and start giving generic answers. 

I guess it makes for a "good show" if he states his opinions and shows a lot of personality.  Which brings me back to the point of him being a diva. 

Didn't he address the media following the game?  This press conference was not scheduled to the best of my knowledge. 

Even though your post wasn't directed at me, I want to clarify that I never said RG3 was unhappy or that there is a conflict between him and Shanahan. 

1) They're all scheduled. None of them are due to RG3 calling up the press to make some kind of announcement.

2) Nope, wasn't directed at you :)

>> 

1) They're all scheduled. None of them are due to RG3 calling up the press to make some kind of announcement.

Scheduled by who?  If it's his publicist than they need to be fired. 

I'm pretty certain players have control over how much they choose to address the media. 

He said he didn't need to play preseason before they started playing. He see's them on the field and misses the game what do you expect? Is he outspoken yea, but i don't think he puts himself over the rest of the team like a TO.

He doesn't put himself over the team?

When he got hurt in Seattle, HE knew, I knew, YOU knew, and even my dog knew we had NO chance with him in that state of health.

HE wanted to be the one to win us the superbowl  No one, but him.  Even if it meant us NOT winning the superbowl

I still firmly believe we could have won that game with Kirk Cousins.  RG3 knows we could have won that game with Kirk Cousins. 

Wow so RG3 roots against us when he isn't playing? Damn... I didn't say he's not a diva sometimes, all i said was the TO comparison is a bit harsh and I don't think RG3 is a cancer to the team like TO was.

Anyways its an interesting thread and i'm sure there will be plenty of opinions on both sides. 

I think the word "diva" is an exaggeration. If RG3 is a "diva" because he is bringing attention to himself, then truskinsfan18 is just as much of a diva as RG3 is. Truskinsfan is LOVING the attention he is getting from this thread. Look how many times he has already posted in it

I think the word "diva" is an exaggeration. If RG3 is a "diva" because he is bringing attention to himself, then truskinsfan18 is just as much of a diva as RG3 is. Truskinsfan is LOVING the attention he is getting from this thread. 

Look at my post count. Could care less about attention on a message board.  I've been a member since 2005, and my post count is 25% of your post count. 

I rarely even post, and rarely start a thread. I usually just read. I just felt that this side of the argument needs to be acknowledged a little more, because people are scared to call out RG3 sometimes on this board. 

>> 

Did you actually watch the presser? Because there's no way in hell anyone would characterize his comments as "hearing about his drama and him being unhappy" if the

y did.

Scheduled by who?  If it's his publicist than they need to be fired. 

I'm pretty certain players have control over how much they choose to address the media. 

Teams always have pressers after games. That's nothing new.

You know that, right?

And it's not organized by publicists. Mostly it's dictated by the individual teams and by the NFL itself. The NFL will even fine players for NOT talking to the press in some cases.

I think the word "diva" is an exaggeration. If RG3 is a "diva" because he is bringing attention to himself, then truskinsfan18 is just as much of a diva as RG3 is. Truskinsfan is LOVING the attention he is getting from this thread. 

Look at my post count. Could care less about attention on a message board.  I've been a member since 2005, and my post count is 25% of your post count. 

Ah, so maybe just like you felt ddub52 got your intentions wrong, could you also maybe be getting RG3's intentions wrong? Maybe?

Because if we only go off of our own individual perceptions, ddub can definitely make an argument for you being a message board diva, especially with all those ALL CAP moments you have lol...

Not just a single answer.  He has chosen to hold many unnecessary press conferences.

And I never said he was putting "all the blame" on coaches and doctors.  Based on the context of his statement, he may feel that himself, coaches, and doctors are equally responsible. 

And let me clarify.  I don't think there is any "conflict" between him or his coaches and teammates.  I am ONLY stating that he is a diva.

Of course he wasn't putting all the blame on the coaches or doctors. The thing is, it is a true statement that they should've known he was as bad as he was and both Shanahan and Dr. Andrews should've thrown in the towel in hindsight. Do I dislike them because they didnt? Of course not and I can't say I would've done anything different.

The issue is, he is speaking a truth. Simply stating a truth isn't going to make me call him a Diva. Calling him that is hyperbole. He is a football player, who is young and wants to work. Of course he wants to get into the game. If we simply asked a player if they could go back into a game and ran on that instead of coaching decisions or doctors analysis most players careers would be drastically shortened.

Its my view that anyone calling him a diva is in fact being too diva themselves. You can disagree with him answering that question, but saying he is a diva is just exaggeration at its finest.

It's the accumulation of his time as a Redskin that makes me say he is a diva. It's not even the recent developments. I didn't even mention the plethora of commercials he did before ever taking a snap in the NFL.

I didn't even mention the attention-whoring RG3 does on twitter. 

I didn't even mention the documentaries that are being released about him.  

Or the beat-boxing video.

Or the rap video he released. 

None of these incidents alone are justification for calling him a diva.  It's the culmination of all of these events that now lead me to believe that he is a diva. 

Archived