Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

20 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He was tripled team. He had no chance on that. 

Use a screen and pull up for a three over Duncan Robinson. There is no reason not to use a screen there and get away from Butler 

Can we talk about the screens Howard was getting away with this game?  If a player went under his screens for Lebron, they had to run around the foul line to get around him.  

Since I’m on the topic, when did Howard turn into a goon?  He was dirty fouling against Denver’s stars and he’s been doing the same to the Heat.  Lebron always seems to have a goon on his teams, I just didn’t expect it to be Howard.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

There’s a lot causing the lack of interest. None of it is political 

Some of it probably is.  But the biggest factor in the decline in ratings is the decline in cable subscriptions among fans IMO.  If you've got a league catering to young fans, and 99% of their games are broadcast on cable networks, but the big majority of those young fans don't have cable subscriptions, then you've got a problem.

The league is going to have to transition to a broadcast system where almost all of their viewership comes from streamers.  And they're going to have to make their streaming subscriptions cheap and accessible to in-market fans.  Like 6 bucks a month for your team's HD broadcasts on one device no matter where you live.  That would almost single-handedly fix their ratings issue IMO.  I don't need five out of market teams for $X per year.  But I think getting Wizards games for roughly the same price as adding on a channel subscription to my amazon account or like a disney + subscription would be a great deal.  Two and a half hours of entertainment 2-3 nights a week.  But the NBA product is definitely not enough on its own to keep people from cutting the cord.

Boring answer, but I think the league's main issues with growth and viewership are technical rather than cultural.  More competitive balance and a more pleasing game aesthetic would certainly help though.  Threes, free throws, and lay ups is very dull.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

That was a fun game to watch.  I kept expecting the Lakers to break through and build a lead but they just couldn’t.  Heat kept making big baskets every time they needed to.  

I get why a lot of people thought this was over, even i did eventually. Miami had to prove folks wrong. RespeK with a K.

5 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

GS didn’t ruin the league with the 3 pointer. That’s hating. GS doesn’t even spam the 3. That’s the rockets. If you can’t see the difference between generating an open look versus spamming that’s on you. There’s a reason GS always lead the league in assists.

GS started the three point abuse trend because analytics.

and yet... a better Markieff Morris entry pass and Davis is at the rim at the buzzer.  Lebron went at the right moment, they had time after the missed shot. 

The Heat are much better players at 3-8... Lebron was looking to close out the game...

The finals have been on ABC, so no excuse about cord-cutting hurting ratings.