Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 9/28/2020 at 7:53 AM, ixcuincle said:

People critique me for being a Lakers homer but Mr. Cooke owned both the Redskins and the Lakers so I see no problem.

If it helps take the stress off you, I can start posting about how dominant the Lakers are.  I had not watched the NBA in the past 15 years, but I have followed the playoffs this year.  The Lakers were my favorite team back when I watched the NBA in the 80s and early 90s.  I have also been rooting for them since the bubble started, so as both a Cowboys and Lakers fan, I think I can take some fire for being the most disliked type of fan ever.

It is amazing how my thinking is when it comes to being a fan.  Even though I have not followed the NBA throughout LeBron's career, and Lebron has only been a Laker for two seasons... I get bothered by criticism of Lebron... and excited about potential achievements for him.  For example, I am excited that LeBron is only 11 assists away from passing Stockton for 2nd place all time in playoff assists.  After not watching LeBron or the Lakers for the past 15 years, I can't logically explain why I am excited about this, but I am.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This would have been a fun series with Miami's whole team available, LA probably would have still won. Really a shame they lost 2 of their best 3 players. Hoping Bam can come back next game and make it a little closer. 

Hope they find some steel and avoid the sweep. Getting swept in the Finals by LeBron James might even eclipse the sorrow and shame of watching him die against Dallas in 2011.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Hope they find some steel and avoid the sweep. Getting swept in the Finals by LeBron James might even eclipse the sorrow and shame of watching him die against Dallas in 2011.

It always hurts to lose. We may get swept, it's gonna sting. But I think the Dallas one hurt more.  We weren't really expected to be here and are like 1-2 years early for our run to the finals. The big3 were trying to figure it out on the fly.  These guys have one hand tied behind their backs. I won't forget the ****y Deebo energy and antics of this Lakers team though. Wish we coulda put up more of a fight, would have loved to stick it to this team.  Just gotta take the asswhoopin sometimes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Is it too early to predict a three peat? 

Yes.  The West will be harder next season with Golden State returning from their year off with a very good roster and a shiny new high draft pick.

edit: Miami got one.  Makes you wonder how good this series might have been with everyone healthy.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

This playoff run has changed my mind about Jimmy.  I kind of thought he was a locker room problem, now I think his mindset was right and he just couldn’t bring himself to get along with losers.  Minny is a lost cause fire and the 76ers can’t meet expectations.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1