Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Dragon plantar left foot tear. Dang

Oof, that’s a long recovery.  They can shoot him up with pain killers but he’s hobbled at best.  And he’s hobbled for months. 

Terrible way to end the post season.  

I don't like it when people declare a playoff/finals series in any sport "over" after Game 1, especially in a best of 7 series.  This usually happens when one team looks particularly better than the other.  If you guys watched The Last Dance documentary, some in the media thought the Lakers were going to run over the Bulls after Game 1 in the 1991 Finals.

I'm not going to make that declaration here, but with Dragic's foot tear, Butler's ankle and Bam's shoulder plus LeBron and AD playing like they're on a mission, it certainly doesn't look good for the Heat.

The Brooklyn Nets named Steve Nash their head coach in early September, but stars Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant see Nash in more of a collaborative role and not as the head of top-down leadership.

"I don't really see us having a head coach," Irving said on Durant's new podcast, "The Etcs." "KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

Durant followed up by agreeing with Irving, calling it a "collaborative effort" and naming assistant and former interim head coach Jacque Vaughn as someone who could fill the role any given day.

Nash, who was a shock hire by the Nets, said when he was named coach that he was especially excited to work with Irving, calling the star point guard a "savant with the basketball." Irving, though, said on the podcast that he doesn't know Nash that well but is looking forward to working with him.

"I want somebody that's gonna understand that I am a human being first, I serve my community first, and then basketball is something I do every day because I love," Irving said. "We always heard and saw how great Nash was as a player, but also when you get to know him as a person, you understand why he can coexist with us. We don't need someone to come in with their coaching philosophy and change everything we're doing."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach

I wonder if Nash understands what he’s gotten himself into.  

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach

I wonder if Nash understands what he’s gotten himself into.  

I just don't understand.  Great NBA player and the pride of Canada. What was remotely in it for him? I would've chosen to coach the Canadian mens national team than entertain those two bozos.

They're a Vietcong minefield of emotion. No bueno

• Like 1

Durant was recently quoted in an interview that he didn’t want to go to New York (Knicks) to be a saviour, at this point in his career. He went to Brooklyn because he wanted to ‘chill’.

So this development isn’t really surprising.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Durant was recently quoted in an interview that he didn’t want to go to New York (Knicks) to be a saviour, at this point in his career. He went to Brooklyn because he wanted to ‘chill’.

So this development isn’t really surprising.

That explains why he didn't want to play for the Wizards and why he went to Golden State. 

31 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

That explains why he didn't want to play for the Wizards and why he went to Golden State. 

A little different no? Golden State in the middle of a dynasty - already a championship core. With a player’s coach. An uptempo fun creative offense. And California.

Vs rebuilding in Brooklyn. Where they have..... nothing. Except Irving. And they fired the coach. Just an odd decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Durant is setting fire to his legacy.  He could have gone down as a top ten player of all time.

Same kind of legacy that Leonard could have been. He's screwed his team over. Twice if not three times. Spurs and Rapttors were already good teams, then he forced the Clippers to mortgage everything to possibly be even better. It's stupid and selfish. 

4 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

What Kyrie and Durant said will be a disaster. Watch will I say. A collaborative coaching style?

They don’t mean that.  You think Kyrie and Durant are going to spend all night watching film with coaching coming up with a game plan when the post season rolls around?  No.  What they mean is they’re going to play how they want, and have a coach to blame when running no plays predictably fails. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1