Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Anyone going to get that new Jeff Pearlman book about the Shaq & Kobe Lakers?  He was on the radio shows this morning talking about it and they all said the book pretty much lays out what a horrible teammate Kobe Bryant was during that first Lakers dynasty.  Kobe really changed his image from the start of his career to the end.  He was a very solitary guy early on, and it sounds like he got a lot of grief for refusing to participate in the fraternal culture of the NBA early in his career.  That's something that separates him distinctly from Michael Jordan.

Sounds like to me that the lack of professionalism in the league really got to him and frustrated him.  He'd have fit in better if he'd been born like fifteen years later and was playing in the somewhat more professional culture of the league of today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So interested to see how they match up. Heat isn’t laying down for anyone. They’re coming to  Win this thing. Let’s Go Heat!

I have no idea how this is going to go. Can't go cold, I know that. LAL has the ultimate shot creator. They don't have ti play their best to beat us

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I have no idea how this is going to go. Can't go cold, I know that. LAL has the ultimate shot creator. They don't have ti play their best to beat us

Oh for sure. I mean they have the two best players in the series.  Keep in mind we’ve also won a myriad of ways. We have a BAMN mentality. Doesn’t matter who flexes. We can get it In Stretches and sometimes whole games from 4-6 different players. May not be enough, but I like our chances. Win or lose we’ve already won. This is invaluable for the younger guys. House Money, let it rip.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Oh for sure. I mean they have the two best players in the series.  Keep in mind we’ve also won a myriad of ways. We have a BAMN mentality. Doesn’t matter who flexes. We can get it In Stretches and sometimes whole games from 4-6 different players. May not be enough, but I like our chances. Win or lose we’ve already won. This is invaluable for the younger guys. House Money, let it rip.

I def think we can get dubs if it turns into a bench game. I have no idea what happens if AD and the small forward go off, though

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:55 AM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Dirty little secret: Doc's not so great himself.

He's a solid coach but nothing more imo.

I agree with you, but he’s a big enough name to be able to demand something from players.  Brooks is an empty suit.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I thought the Warriors were the empire.

LeBron about to rip Sins heart out and eat it. 

Warriors are the punk ass First Order.

Lakers had the death star before we were both born.

I tagged along with the wrong sacrificial lamb pulling for Brad Stevens, here's to hoping I'm wrong about this finals and LeBron getting 4.

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anyone going to get that new Jeff Pearlman book about the Shaq & Kobe Lakers?  He was on the radio shows this morning talking about it and they all said the book pretty much lays out what a horrible teammate Kobe Bryant was during that first Lakers dynasty.  Kobe really changed his image from the start of his career to the end.  He was a very solitary guy early on, and it sounds like he got a lot of grief for refusing to participate in the fraternal culture of the NBA early in his career.  That's something that separates him distinctly from Michael Jordan.

Sounds like to me that the lack of professionalism in the league really got to him and frustrated him.  He'd have fit in better if he'd been born like fifteen years later and was playing in the somewhat more professional culture of the league of today.

I always found this interesting because they feuded and Kobe got on Shaq for being lazy.

Kobe was always driven.

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Warriors are the punk ass First Order.

Lakers had the death star before we were both born.

I tagged along with the wrong sacrificial lamb pulling for Brad Stevens, here's to hoping I'm wrong about this finals and LeBron getting 4.

The wizards are .... I don’t watch star wars. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

The wizards are .... I don’t watch star wars

the wizards are the Ewoks. Even when you find a moment of joy in them you can’t help but constantly be reminded that they should have been something else that would

have been 100x better. And then you just continue watching in disappointment and disgust. 

that or the Death Star’s trash compactor 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 2

@Destino Agreed. There was a deer in headlights feel there offensively in the 2nd quarter. AD and LBJ are huge, they bullied them a bit. The young guys may have gotten a little shook there.  It starts on Defense, need that energy. Offensively we have to be moving and passing in order for it to flow.  They were thrown off their game there.  Gonna have to earn their way back.  The Lakers also were on fire. 11( 3's)  60+%. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its one game...but damn...

It’s not one game, Butler is injured and Dragic is out with a dreaded foot injury.  Those don’t heal overnight.  Looks like Miami, which had a very thin rotation, is crippled.  If they lose Dragic for the series, Lakers in 4 and none of the games are close.

Basketball fans lose too.  No one wants to watch a finals decided in the first half of game one by injuries.