Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Pulled up the stats (end of the third) expecting the Lakers to be shooting terribly, they’re not.  They’ve shot 50% from the field so this isn’t one of those dreaded “bad shooting nights” that are an inevitable part of nba basketball.  Nuggets only have one more made basket.  Difference is 10+from the free throw line and 5 more made threes than the Lakers.  

Denver almost blew it when they slowed their offense down.  Their success hinges on not letting the Lakers set their defense.  They have to attack early in the shot clock.  

Lakers looked exhausted at the end of that game too.  Reminds me of what the Spurs did to Miami in the finals they won.  Other than shorting out the AC and trying to give Lebron heat stroke (game 1?) they poured on the energy in the first half and finished off an obviously exhausted Heat team in the 2nd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

OKC had three MVPs.  Denver has zero.

And Denver appears to be choking hard.

And they didn't. Murray, Jokic and Porter Jr with a great supporting cast over the next 3-5 years is a team built better than OKC teams. 

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

And they didn't. Murray, Jokic and Porter Jr with a great supporting cast over the next 3-5 years is a team built better than OKC teams. 

I like this Denver team, I think with luck they can make a run.  I don’t think they’re good enough yet though.  

Also, an odd thought occurred to me.  It is easier to keep stars for 3-5 years than a supporting cast around them.  Stars get more expensive and good role players sign bigger deals after a good couple years.  Once teams take on multiple max deals they have to draft extremely well and develop players to maintain a deep roster.  

7 hours ago, Destino said:

I like this Denver team, I think with luck they can make a run.  I don’t think they’re good enough yet though.  

Also, an odd thought occurred to me.  It is easier to keep stars for 3-5 years than a supporting cast around them.  Stars get more expensive and good role players sign bigger deals after a good couple years.  Once teams take on multiple max deals they have to draft extremely well and develop players to maintain a deep roster.  

Agreed. One of the main reasons I said 3-5 years is that Murray and Jokic are signed for a few years at only $30 million per and they will have money coming off the books. Plus, this front office shows they can draft well without being at the top of the draft. 

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

That was a pretty garbage game for a conference finals. Sloppy.

There was a really terrible stretch where it seemed neither team could hit a shot, no matter how open.  Even in the paint.  I agree, sloppy game for the most part.