Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

32 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think it’s obvious. People in this thread calling him a flopper and a whiner and insulting him for only having 3 rings. 

dude gets **** on and belittled daily for some ridiculous fan-perceived grievance. His greatness is always part of a “yeah but” statement. 

yeah but 2011

yeah but he played with his friends 

yeah but he lost in the finals instead of losing in the playoffs 

....and so on. 

If you want to be considered the GOAT, don't flop, don't whine constantly and have more than 4 rings. Does anyone here think he isn't one of the top-5 all time greats if not top-2 or 3?

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If you want to be considered the GOAT, don't flop, don't whine constantly and have more than 4 rings. Does anyone here think he isn't one of the top-5 all time greats if not top-2 or 3?

Top 5 sure.  I just think rings is a hollow argument now.  I could sit on the bench for GSW during their dynasty collecting but that doesn’t make me a great.  It’s the argument that kills Durant.  See atleast Curry, Green, Klay were there and did it right.  They proved themselves.  They took their lumps.  Lebron first chance built a super team, then another, then another.  Same way if I want to be the goat I can’t be outperformed or saved by teammates.  Kyrie, R Allen, Wade, etc.  Yet then I want all the awards. 

See he comes off more like a WWE heel screaming at the fans to cheer me and less like say John Cena who people don’t like but they absolutely respect.  People like HHH, Cena, Undertaker, Lesnar, Jericho, Shawn Michael’s, Kane, etc were loved or hated but they absolutely were respected.  You don’t demand respect. He thinks trophies and rings get you respect and that’s where Durant failed to understand this as well. They don’t.  There’s numerous great players that never won a title but that’s because they worked their *** off for the place that gave them opportunities.  Not to chase and ring with a some of buddies that couldn’t win one either.   

I think you are being a little unfair to Lebron. Cleveland did a poor job of building teams around in him Cleveland. Plus, there have always been super teams. Most include major trades that landed vital pieces or through FA signings. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Jordan whined all the time. Same as Miller created fouls all the time. 

hahaha...stop that crazy tale.

Jordan did not whine as much as Lebron. They've all complained but Lebron takes it to the next level. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I think you are being a little unfair to Lebron. Cleveland did a poor job of building teams around in him Cleveland. Plus, there have always been super teams. Most include major trades that landed vital pieces or through FA signings. 

Lebron may have gotten off the hook if Miami was the only time or maybe he stopped doing it after Cleveland when he got viewed as a semi hero.  But then he went right back to it in LA when he realized he couldn’t do it in the West.  For years he mooched off a easy path to the finals in the East and then soon as he realized the West while not as tough as it had been was too much he went star hunting.  If he hadn’t done that after Durant’s move he probably finally gets off the hook as Durant looked awful for that move to GSW.  Instead his career will forever be about finding stars to help him break through.  That’s why the respect he desperately wants to be the very best will never happen. 

17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Congrats to the Lakers for winning the Summer League championship.

Kobe Invitational.  I mean we all know they made sure this season happened so the Lakers got the chance to win it for Kobe.  I wouldn’t have been surprised if the playoffs didn’t happen if Lakers didn’t make it.  If both LA teams didn’t make it the playoffs never happen.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The irony of LeBron being called a whiner in here with a bunch of posts amounting to “I don’t like it so it doesn’t count”. 

It definitely counts. He might be the GOAT not named Jordan. He also whines endlessly on the court. 

38 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The irony of LeBron being called a whiner in here with a bunch of posts amounting to “I don’t like it so it doesn’t count”. 

i mean it counts but hardly something to hang your hat on.  Beating a bunch of teams banged up or missing players because of opting out.  Like I said only reason this playoffs happened is because Lakers were there.  If Lakers didn’t make it the NBA would have closed up shop. The best comparison to this is the MLS is back tourney months ago.  As far as legit playoffs no.  

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

i mean it counts but hardly something to hang your hat on.  Beating a bunch of teams banged up or missing players because of opting out.  Like I said only reason this playoffs happened is because Lakers were there.  If Lakers didn’t make it the NBA would have closed up shop. The best comparison to this is the MLS is back tourney months ago.  As far as legit playoffs no.  

They would have beat the Blazers with Lillard. If you're going to mention the Rockets losing Danuel House then I'll mention Avery Bradley was out. Denver was healthy. They caught a break in the finals but injuries are part of the deal. As far as the season being cancelled if the Lakers didn't make the playoffs, that's about as pitifully hilarious as your flip flopping European soccer teams. Wait, shouldn't you be a Lakers fan now?

• Like 1

Jordan ”whined” quite a bit but also didn’t need to whine as much because he had the referees in his pocket. There is star treatment and then there is Jordan treatment. He knew he was protected. Does Lebron complain a lot? Yeah everybody does.  

also, if Jordan got the criticism Lebron did, you all would be saying he only started winning once the great teams of the 80s got old like the Lakers, Celtics and Pistons. Which is actually what happened. Then he was in his peak and what was the landscape at the time?
The Ewing knicks? Reggie Miller? An old Jazz team?  the 90s was a bad era for talent and Jordan still had a hell of a lot of it collected on his team. The year he didn’t have a strong front court player in 95? He got bounced in the playoffs by the magic.

The things you guys cry about. As if Lebron would have left Cleveland if they had drafted Kawhi Leonard or something like Jordan getting Pippen pretty early in his career. Moving around is hardly a negative. It’s a feather in the cap to go to 3  teams and take them to championships imo. 

you guys give Jordan the benefit of the doubt in every way because of his mythology and your own nostalgia. I’m not even a Lebron guy but the criticism he gets is ridiculous. You all couldn’t prove my point fast enough.  

• Like 1

Lebron has had the refs in his pocket since the day he stepped on the court. His lower the shoulder into the chest- Drive is the standard for what a charge is supposed to look like. It’s never been called. So I’m not going to compare Jordan and James here.

Look... I’m not denying he is the best in the league, and has been for over a decade. But you can’t take the easy road - conspiring with other elite athletes - and building super teams, while also complaining that you didn’t get your respect. Respect is earned, not given. 4 rings is 4 rings. Be happy about that. But he will never be regarded with the same admiration as Kobe or Jordan. 

32 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Look... I’m not denying he is the best in the league, and has been for over a decade. But you can’t take the easy road - conspiring with other elite athletes - and building super teams, while also complaining that you didn’t get your respect. Respect is earned, not given. 4 rings is 4 rings. Be happy about that. But he will never be regarded with the same admiration as Kobe or Jordan. 

you guys make it sound so evil. Conspired? lol it’s called free agency. I don’t hold players in higher esteem because they were loyal to ****ty teams with bad front offices. 

kobe? Kobe is my guy and he was ready to bounce on the Lakers in 07 because of the **** team he had to deal with. Then they immediately put a championship team around him the following year highlighted by the Gasol trade during the year. 

Cleveland had plenty of chances to do that and never could. Do I want to see a player like Lebron maximize his talent and career by leaving a ****ty franchise or do I want to see a great player be loyal to that team and waste 90% of his career like Garnett did in Minnesota? We were denied a lot of greatness that KG had to offer us as fans because he chose loyalty to a ****ty team. How did that work for him and for us? 

it’s such a silly argument. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

This needs to stop.  Can’t have a situation where players are the only ones that can cheat the system.  Too much money on too many careers hang in the balance for players to just casually ignore tampering. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Jordan ”whined” quite a bit but also didn’t need to whine as much because he had the referees in his pocket. There is star treatment and then there is Jordan treatment. He knew he was protected. Does Lebron complain a lot? Yeah everybody does.  

also, if Jordan got the criticism Lebron did, you all would be saying he only started winning once the great teams of the 80s got old like the Lakers, Celtics and Pistons. Which is actually what happened. Then he was in his peak and what was the landscape at the time?
The Ewing knicks? Reggie Miller? An old Jazz team?  the 90s was a bad era for talent and Jordan still had a hell of a lot of it collected on his team. The year he didn’t have a strong front court player in 95? He got bounced in the playoffs by the magic.

The things you guys cry about. As if Lebron would have left Cleveland if they had drafted Kawhi Leonard or something like Jordan getting Pippen pretty early in his career. Moving around is hardly a negative. It’s a feather in the cap to go to 3  teams and take them to championships imo. 

you guys give Jordan the benefit of the doubt in every way because of his mythology and your own nostalgia. I’m not even a Lebron guy but the criticism he gets is ridiculous. You all couldn’t prove my point fast enough.  

Come on now. 

1. Jordan got so many more FTs than Lebron that he averaged 8.2 FTs per game compared to Lebrons lowly 8.0. 

2. An old Jazz team? Do you realize the age of the players on the Bulls at that time? How many "young" teams win championship? Does this mean I should downgrade this Lakers championship cause they beat teams that were young and hadn't really accomplished anything before? Did a single starter playing against the Lakers actually have a championship ring? 

3. You guys give Lebron the benefit of the doubt in every way because it's the here and now and you've created this argument in your mind to downgrade Jordan. I'm not even a Jordan guy but your criticism of him is ridiculous. 

😘 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

This needs to stop.  Can’t have a situation where players are the only ones that can cheat the system.  Too much money on too many careers hang in the balance for players to just casually ignore tampering. 

If ownership and the league were losing money as a result it would have been stamped out years ago. Who do you think is sitting up in those owners boxes Forrest Gump? Do you think the players decided on their own this is how we operate from here on out and the owners said well golly gee if that's what ya'll want we'll step aside and let you do it? No, this is a joint effort and the league is absolutely fine with it as long as the system makes money. The most polarizing franchise led by the most most polarizing superstar of all time won a title, and people are butt hurt.